Non Active Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously though I think a lot are like me, I don't post all that much namely because I have this real bad habit of reading everything then come across a post that more or less says what I was going to post so don't re post what someone else has already.
Instead giving a like or agree.

I agree I gotta stop reading and just post sh1t
Emojis can make a conversation simple and easy for a reply :cool:

I consider myself more of a lurker then a regular poster. Have been a member for around 15 years and haven't hit 1,500 post yet.
I check here daily and enjoy the site. Don't agree with everything that is posted but respect that their opinion is different to mine.

I don't even get to many games these days being a shift worker and living out in the Blue Mountains area. Use to loving going to watch the team nearly every week.

I don't know how long this site was going before I joined, before joining here I was a member of the clubs forum which closed around that time.

When I come on here I often scroll down to see “ members currently online” , often those numbers are in the many hundreds ( not as many now of course ) but a quick scan tells me only a small percentage actually say anything.

Quoting the once famous Prof Julius Sumner Miller “ why is it so??”.
I don't really care to go drag up any examples but there's been a number of threads over the years from people pointing out how cliquey it can be on here and how no one engages them unless they express an incendiary or provoking opinion.

Mix this with the fact that internet forums are a dying medium in the time of the Facebook, Reddit , etc and that'll go some way to explaining why not many people join in the discussions here.

Just my opinion.

I also thing those numbers of participants V observers pretty much reflect the broader society .. consider any school classroom or work place ... there are always those that throw themselves in ... and those that just like to watch ...

And that's ok ... there is more than one road to paradise ..

Last edited:
FOR THOSE THAT MENTION CLIQUES....
I mean...ok fair enough but we were all new once.

There's even a thread I started titled "The problem with being a newbie" from about 2012 when I was one.

Everyone can feel a bit intimidated at first. I'm comfortable posting here but it may surprise some that there are other forums where I've been a member for 5+ years but only have 100 or so posts.

The newbies have to find their way, we understand, and they should know that they can post, but if you all wanna just read and see how it goes - that's ok too.

But standing on the sidelines means fewer people do the posting, so obviously they get to know each other better, and naturally, rapports form.

What "legit noobs" have to know about regular members is that we too can be gun shy about new members.

Are you a troll?
Are you a spammer?
Are you some tool bag that's been banned before trying to get back on to continue your d-bagness?
Are you just some toxic alpha male wanna be nob goblin?

We don't know - so it's hard to roll out the red carpet if newbies wont engage.

I'd suggest just to tip your toe in the 'forum water' (eww) and see how it plays out.

May you all have a wonderful day.

I figured most of them were still on dial up, or lived in country queensland which is the same thing.

Says me who is still clamouring to my I pad 2 , only recently updated my i phone 4 ( reluctantly ) even though i have access to heaps of fancy devices in my house.

Like someone says,i think they are journos, players, des or zorba and most recently afb's wifey. Or maybe your better half checking up on your man crushes, or the tennis chick @Mark from Brisbane is always going on about

Maybe a few young guns starting threads on when des is going to pick them and how bad is such and such going

If paul kent or rothfield are here we have to give credit for there thick skins. But rack off you thick skinned cretins

But welcome to all and sundry and while i try not to offend i often post nude while eating cake . Oops dropped a bit

FOR THOSE THAT MENTION CLIQUES....
I mean...ok fair enough but we were all new once.

There's even a thread I started titled "The problem with being a newbie" from about 2012 when I was one.

Everyone can feel a bit intimidated at first. I'm comfortable posting here but it may surprise some that there are other forums where I've been a member for 5+ years but only have 100 or so posts.

The newbies have to find their way, we understand, and they should know that they can post, but if you all wanna just read and see how it goes - that's ok too.

But standing on the sidelines means fewer people do the posting, so obviously they get to know each other better, and naturally, rapports form.

What "legit noobs" have to know about regular members is that we too can be gun shy about new members.

Are you a troll?
Are you a spammer?
Are you some tool bag that's been banned before trying to get back on to continue your d-bagness?
Are you just some toxic alpha male wanna be nob goblin?

We don't know - so it's hard to roll out the red carpet if newbies wont engage.

I'd suggest just to tip your toe in the 'forum water' (eww) and see how it plays out.

May you all have a wonderful day.

Maybe we could asign them a buddy until they reach 100 posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4