• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matai and Stewart will stick around for next year, they both are contracted. I seriously cant see manly releasing stewart this year as he has been one of our best players for a decade

We are in a bit of a backline shuffle for 2017 with the club likely to be recruiting a winger, centre and 5/8. We will have the money no doubt just depends how we spend it. IMO we should go after a young centre.
2017 side is looking like this IMO

Manly 2017
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.?
5.?
6.?
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.?
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
11.?
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

Backups:
Fullback-
Wing-Wright/Lavaka
Centre-Ramien/Parker
Halves-Hynes/John/Wright/Cust
Hooker-Koroisau/Godinet/Pratt
Prop-Meehan/Lussick/Starling/Armstrong
Second row-Symonds/Bainbridge/Buhrer/Walker/Kelly
Lock-Leary/Cox

Options for those positions:

Centre-Bowen/O'neil/Linnet/Kennar/Lee
Wing-Mansour/Rona
5/8-Norman/Green
Prop-Tamou/Klemmer/Moa
Second Row-Rochow/Gillet/Sims/Lowe
Turbo, I commend you for being 15 years old and quite on the ball with your football team.
Keep at it. The future for Manly supporters looks good with kids like you.

Matai and Stewart will stick around for next year, they both are contracted. I seriously cant see manly releasing stewart this year as he has been one of our best players for a decade

Contracts mean diddlysquat at Manly.:mad:

Hiku, Ballin,Gutho all had contracts :confused:

Snake is useless off the field and very hesitant on it this year :cool:

We are a performance based business now, not a football Club :rolleyes:

Some of the fears about releasing or allowing players to leave is the same debate every year. Fears of gifty and choc leaving as well as Kitey were in my opinion quite strange because the keeping them would have been ridiculous. Same with the current backline champions. The era is gone for good and the next premiership will not include any previous title winners with Manly. As has been discussed before I am sure, I can recall hardly any Manly players who we released by choice of the club, end up being a bad move. Watching Phil Blake in his early years was just about the best thing I saw at Brookie and if someone had of said at the time that he would be out the door within a few years I would have been stunned. Enter Geoff Toovey. Some players you never want to lose untill they age or wear out.

Turbo, I commend you for being 15 years old and quite on the ball with your football team.
Cheers I classify myself as an NRL nerd considering I can name all NRL clubs top 17 and how old they are. But I play footy so I'm not a total nerd lol

Kid? That is a bit rude. When was the last time you contributed anything of substance? I always thought you were an inside job to keep everyone entertained with bubblegum posts. Age has nothing to do with maturity. Life has certainly taught me that much...

Tafua is off contract too and I don't really see why he should be resigned.

To me, if Wright is up to it he can have a wing. Tom T at the back. Walker one centre. So we need a centre (George Jennings?), a winger (?) and Corey Norman.

Plenty of cash to do all that and get Sims.

I dont think we are being hilarious we are being realistic. This is not funny , one eyed eels is funny if you want a laugh.

No, you guys can go head to head with Parra supporters at times as well... You guys make me laugh all the time, so I don't need to go there.

Kid? That is a bit rude. When was the last time you contributed anything of substance? I always thought you were an inside job to keep everyone entertained with bubblegum posts. Age has nothing to do with maturity. Life has certainly taught me that much...
How else do you describe a 15 year old? I read it as a term of affection rather than rude (opposed to your post which leaves no one in doubt)

Who does everyone think will replace Skivvi. Personally I like O'Neil he is a great centre, but I can't see it but what I can see is young Javid Bowen who looks like a great prospect. Thoughts?

Hopefully this rumour is false. If not then I will be shattered. He has always put in 100 % week in week out, often trying to lift the team with his strong runs from dummy half and hard hits in defence. He will be missed.

First Lyon, then rumours of Snake and now Matai. Who's next? Lets hope that Barrett and Bozo have sounded out their replacements.
They have. Some joker called Hiku who goes ok and a young outside back called Gutherson.

Oh wait....

To me, if Wright is up to it he can have a wing. Tom T at the back. Walker one centre. So we need a centre (George Jennings?), a winger (?) and Corey Norman.

George Jennings is going to souths

I understand Tafua isn't exactly a safe winger in defence and with kicks but his attack is where he prospers, his running meters and tries and also his big hits make him as valuable as any winger. Remember he was almost playing origin in 2014

Who does everyone think will replace Skivvi. Personally I like O'Neil he is a great centre, but I can't see it but what I can see is young Javid Bowen who looks like a great prospect. Thoughts?
I've only seen Javid Bowen play a couple of times but he looks the goods.

I understand Tafua isn't exactly a safe winger in defence and with kicks but his attack is where he prospers, his running meters and tries and also his big hits make him as valuable as any winger. Remember he was almost playing origin in 2014
Can't hang on to 2014. He was decent sober last year but honestly, I'd rather a none to flashy offensive winger who is defensively sound like Robbo was any day of the week.

I like the guy. He's young. Not yet voting age. Why are you being kind of negative? Don't understand?
Go Manly!

Last edited:
I can't believe this *urker - or, with my Skivvi admirer glasses on, I don't want to! @:mask:

Skivvi still provides plenty of impact not only with his defence but also his strong runs from dummy half and I can't see why he can't play out his Manly contract to the end of 2017 (unless of course injury prevents him).

If it was Snake who got the tap on the shoulder, I'd perfectly understand, having spent more time off the field than on it this year. And I think we'd have to be crazy to move on all the experience of Skivvi and Snake, as well as Killer, this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6