Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Steve Matai for 2017

mjb136

MWSE fanatic
Premium Member
Matai is contracted to the end of 2017.

More quality reporting from the jerker lurker.

HoldenV8

Unfortunately we are fast approaching the time when we are not going to have Killer, Skivy or Snake in the backline somewhere.

Had to happen sooner or later.

But someone's head should roll if they all happen to be gone at the end of this year. Who dropped the ball on that one?

bob dylan

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The Lurker needs to replace his "L' with a "J".

Of course Manly would let him go because we are flush with backline talent. What a goose.

Peter C

Premium Member
Matai is contracted to the end of 2017.

More quality reporting from the jerker lurker.
Thats what I thought, Warriors offered 4 year deal in 2014 for 2015-2018, Manly offered 3 year extension from 2015-2017

ricardo

I would like Matai to be around the club long term after his playing career has finished. He is a top bloke and the Poly guys really look up to him (I think he's a chieftain or something, someone help me out).

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
It saddens me. I hope he picks up a motza contract somewhere
I would like Matai to be around the club long term after his playing career has finished. He is a top bloke and the Poly guys really look up to him (I think he's a chieftain or something, someone help me out).
Put him in a breeding program.

Rodo

Goldmember
2019 Tipping Competitor
Hopefully this rumour is false. If not then I will be shattered. He has always put in 100 % week in week out, often trying to lift the team with his strong runs from dummy half and hard hits in defence. He will be missed.

First Lyon, then rumours of Snake and now Matai. Who's next? Lets hope that Barrett and Bozo have sounded out their replacements.

Frogz

Premium Member
I had "heard" that someone overseas had offered him some real good coin to go at end of this year. If true, Manly should let him go as a reward for his great service. He hasn't that many more money making years left in that ageing workhorse body

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Hopefully this rumour is false. If not then I will be shattered. He has always put in 100 % week in week out, often trying to lift the team with his strong runs from dummy half and hard hits in defence. He will be missed.

First Lyon, then rumours of Snake and now Matai. Who's next? Lets hope that Barrett and Bozo have sounded out their replacements.
I am 100% certain that Bozo has being doing nothing for the past 6 months other than negotiating with their replacements.

The willingness to release Matai tells me the deal has been done.

Shoe1

The lurker probably meant to say that he is free to go in 2017 if he gets a good deal elsewhere, because there will be no new manly contract after 2017.

That makes more sense I think.

lsz

Staff member
2019 Tipping Competitor
The lurker probably meant to say that he is free to go in 2017 if he gets a good deal elsewhere, because there will be no new manly contract after 2017.

That makes more sense I think.
Yep but does not sound as sensational that way

bones

Bones Knows
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Dig your heels in Steve. See out your contract. They wouldn't let you go when you asked to go, but now that you're happy to stay they'll let you go. Management at Manly are an intelligent lot.

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
Dig your heels in Steve. See out your contract. They wouldn't let you go when you asked to go, but now that you're contracted they'll let you go. Management at Manly are an intelligent lot.
Matai deserves a medical payout - a miracle that he can maintain his effectiveness with all his injuries :angel:

Garts

I would hate to lose Lyon, Matai and Stewart all at the one time. Also Matai is still playing well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom