No Room Under The Cap?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I know there's a plethora of threads regarding the salary cap.

But seriously.

The cap has gone up another $100,000
We have released Monaghan $240,000
We have released Hicks $150,000 (estimated)
We have released Burns $150,000 (estimated)

Seriously though - How much have we upgraded the rest of the teams contracts by??? 8|

Orford has already soaked up his massive pay increase this year.

Orford has already soaked up his massive pay increase this year.

Pay increase??

We bought him for $450k a season, and he got a pay increase this season!

Have I missed something!

Hi mate - I read that Orford was on $250k for the 1st year, $450k or something similar for year 2, then a little bit more for year 3.

Again, I only read that, so don't know how accurate it is.

Take it has given that Burns' was on no where near the money you have quoted and has my better half said several weeks ago do not expect to see Burns any time soon in NRL in a Manly jersey.

Take it has given that Burns' was on no where near the money you have quoted and has my better half said several weeks ago do not expect to see Burns any time soon in NRL in a Manly jersey.
An article in one of the papers early this week asked if Burns would ever play for Manly agains, due to a back injury??????? (ahem!) :lie:

Burns is actually on $90k this year.

Mata has confirmed that there is no room under his cap either:

"Mine arrived yesterday. Has anyone found the caps are way too small? Mine is at full extension and I get a headache wearing it.

Do I have a big head or is this a conspiracy?"

Burns was offered 240k by us to stay on but took 230k from the cowgirls with a promise of a regular gig at 5/8.
So Unless Orfords upgrade is substantial we should still have a few bucks left.
No hidden agendas with Burns...It's all about perceived loyalty.

Burns must be kidding if he thinks that the cowgirls will guarantee him a 5/8 spot.

Burns has a bulging disc in his lower back, evidently if he's tackled in the wrong way it can do permanent damage. He showed a few of the sponsors his back last night and the disc sticks out about an inch and a half. He also said if he streches in a particular direction he gets pins and needles from the pressure. Those pay checks must be heavy?

Bugger the part about the guaranteed 5/8 spot, how the hell is he worth $230-240k!?
Inflation is a bummer!

Bad backs take a long time to get better and sometimes never do. The pelvis, hips, hamstrings and lower back are all interconnected. We may have saved ourselves a lot of dough in letting him go.

Burns has a bulging disc in his lower back, evidently if he's tackled in the wrong way it can do permanent damage. He showed a few of the sponsors his back last night and the disc sticks out about an inch and a half. He also said if he streches in a particular direction he gets pins and needles from the pressure. Those pay checks must be heavy?

It is a bit early in his career to be getting that sort of injury.

Still small guys are going to get battered around in the NRL these days.

Bad luck if the cowgirls have bought a crock from us.

Just been flicking through RLW and saw an article on Head

He wants to return to the NRL next season, would he be worth a punt on a small-medium sized deal as our backup ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4