No excuses, No Blame, No scapegoats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers said:
Tech Coach.......do us all a favour & start your own thread on defensive line speed and what effect that had on tonights game. Please.

We would have had line speed if we were fresh did not choke on nerves and not as bruised/injured coming into the game---we were tanked.

Melb did not perform all that great it's just that when they dip they tend to remain at a reasonably high level while due to our physical nature we struggle to be as consistent but can play at a higher level with a fresh squad.

On top of not playing as efficient and smart as the Storm in general but tonight lets not look into the technical reasons why we performed so bad---we were simply battered bruised not much in the tank and lacked relaxed composure.

Napper said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Tech Coach.......do us all a favour & start your own thread on defensive line speed and what effect that had on tonights game. Please.

They f***ed us in the wrestle. This is why their defence trumped ours.

They wrestled better by far, yes.

But their wrestling didnt cause us to drop the ball while one of their defenders rushed up on our attack. How many times do suppose we made mistakes due to thier defensive tactics ?

Technical Coach said:
We would have had line speed if we were fresh did not choke on nerves and not as bruised/injured coming into the game---we were tanked.

Not our defensive line speed. Theirs.

They lost this game last year and nothing causes greater focus than that. They wanted it more and didn't make stupid errors.

Well maybe the 'coaches' should learn how to handle players 'nerves' better even though all we heard was how much finals experience they all have.

Be it far from me to say that's a better use of their time then , oh I dunno, posting somewhere.

But I'm just grumpy.

i'm just glad that if we were destined to have a performance like that this year that it wasn't on gf day.
that would have been twice as bad to watch.

sean1976 said:
You can't blame Toovs - Hasler took them to exactly the same result in Melbourne in 2009.

No he didn't, we were knocked out in week 1 of the finals in 2009. At least this was the prelim final.

castle eagle said:
i'm just glad that if we were destined to have a performance like that this year that it wasn't on gf day.
that would have been twice as bad to watch.

Yep makes it slightly easier to swallow. But as others have mentioned it's still like trying to eat a sh!t sandwich...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6