No excuses, No Blame, No scapegoats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Gotta say

We cant blame the refs today.

We cant say T-Rex or Tuafua and anyone in particular cost us the game

We cant blame it on missing players

We were out enthused tonight and out played tonight.

We were shocking and deserved what we got.......lets look forward to the cricket

True but he didnt cost us the match.

It was a team effort and as a team we just didnt perform

Bar maybe Brett and Jamie

Ceagle said:
Watmough set the tone for our game tonight in the opening 10 seconds

I know, how often do you see that kind of thing, tbh I though when we went into the break at 12-6 we would go on with it and build on that momentum, but true to form we fell alseep in the second half, we are just not an 80min team anymore, might be time to move on some old timers and bring in more youth

Choc must've handed out the Stilnox to the whole team tonight. It's the only explanation I can come up with for what iv just witnessed. Wish I'd taken one and missed the drubbing.

Exactly, we just had a terrible game, the worst thing is we have had a few of them this year. Toovey will learn from this year, he has done well for a rookie coach but obviously has much to learn. Bring on 2013!!!

Simply put we got smashed, no blame game bloke playing injuried all over the place. Not that bad really guys preliminary losers, we have had a very successful period. 7 successive finals appearances, I am concerned by our lack of go forward up front. King and kite seem tired, choc needed to play wider again now trex is gone. This will really test toovs, big challenges ahead. We need to set a platform for our million dollar halfs, simply put no go forward.

Storm were too good. We stayed with them for the first 16 seconds but that was about it.

A brave effort by the team this year, but saved their worst till last. That's footy - can't win them all.

Good luck bunnies.

We choked on nerves at the start which really is a lack of genuine self belief that they could get the job done----players were playing busted and we tanked out earlier due to the nervous energy expended at the start. You put those three elements together and your asking for disaster---it would easily account for 65% of todays performance.

Playing bruised injured or not having much in the tank will lead to errors but our lack of composure in our players which have class was the real disappointing aspect of today.

Even playing bruised with not much in the tank this game was still up for grabs if our class players and leaders had that special ingredient called composure---J.Lyon has class and composure equal to "the big 3" and without Lyon we risked being knocked out last week.

Our completion rates and errors were very similar to the dogs game. The only difference was that Melbourne were good, and gave us nothing.

Better team won - just pissed off the players did not even acknowledge the supporters that spent their hard earned to come and support them.
I can cop the loss that happens, and I know the players were disappointed, but we are supporters we will share your pain

Yeah, same brand of performance as the dogs game, only a lot worse. In fact I haven't seen a team all year screw up and make so many elementary errors as we did tonight. It was almost comical at the end.

The bad start set the tenor for the game. Trex and Watmough as usual. You can't blame Toovs - Hasler took them to exactly the same result in Melbourne in 2009.

I would only feed Lyon, B Stewart and maybe Bhurer after tonight. The rest were disgraceful and really were an embarrassment to the jumper. I have never seen a more inept performance in my life from such a talented team. They really should be ashamed with that performance.

the mauler said:
Smokin Joe was our best forward by a mile.

Smokin Joe played like a forward who has been in many big games did not look nervous and was business as usual---was composed and direct---a few players on big dollars should be exhibiting these same qualities with their current standing in the game.

Kite, King, Choc and Gifty have played in more "big games" than Joe.

Tech Coach.......do us all a favour & start your own thread on defensive line speed and what effect that had on tonights game. Please.

I do not understand how hard it is to tuck the ball under your arm and hit it up when you need it. But no, we try to throw the ball around willy nilly and create more pressure. I have never been so frustrated after a game. Seriously, league is not that difficult if you have the skills, wtf was going through our players heads tonight.

Jatz Crackers said:
Tech Coach.......do us all a favour & start your own thread on defensive line speed and what effect that had on tonights game. Please.

They ****ed us in the wrestle. This is why their defence trumped ours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4