No complaints week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I have to admit I thought we were on a hiding to nothing last night. I expected us to get rolled by 8-10 points so to come away from that graveyard with the points is a significant achievement and gives hope.

Sure there are things that could be picked on but the team turned up, did the job with a minimum of fuss and no significant injuris that I can see.

Some good points though:

Obviously I was delighted with Ballin's 78 minute debut.
Monaghan controlled the game well and would surely have two try assists to his name.
We won with Jamie Lyon contributing very little.
King was again our best forward, so maybe this improvement is more than temporary.
Glenn Stewart is playing his heart out and looking impressive.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

agreed in full.

Im so pleased for G Stewart.. hes improved immensely.. he has put on weight and hes really filling the gap that BK left (im not saying he is as good) but he is doing a superb job. On ya stewie2

Actually what we want from you is a grovelling apology on both here and MSE saying that you were completely wrong to doubt that monnas would not handle the half back job and lead us to victory.

We won with Jamie Lyon contributing very little.

To be fair to JL, Hicks, Bell and Robbo didn't get much ball either, mainly because it was a) wet, and b) neither Monaghan or Burns spread it to the centres very much, or if they do, it's flat so they don't have much time to do anything with it. That's one of the main things we missed about Orford.

But I do see what you're saying. Good to see we don't have to rely on our star players to battle out the win, with many of the youngsters standing up.

Actually what we want from you is a grovelling apology on both here and MSE saying that you were completely wrong to doubt that monnas would not handle the half back job and lead us to victory.

It wasn't wrong of me to doubt it given previous history, so no apology required.

I'm very thankful he had one of his better games just when we needed it.

[quote author=kingyfan]

It wasn't wrong of me to doubt it given previous history, so no apology required.

I'm very thankful he had one of his better games just when we needed it.
[/quote]

In fairness to Matabele he was right on the money with Ballin, whihc at the end of the day was the main point of his arguement - ie ballin has to be in the NRL team

agree with the wheel there, where does Monaghs fit in ? Ballin seemed to last the 80 mins in tough conditions without a problem in the world, his sharp passing was a revelation!( right and left!) But yeah Monaghan did lift and play well, one must say its easy to lift for a big game, it remains to be seen weather either of these blokes can do it week in and week out.

Monas has to be there. He can play Hooker, Half, 5/8 if anything happens during the game in those positions.

Ballin must be on the bench to cover for monaghan's move if need be. There is a method to Des's 2 hooker madness.

Mata, can't dissagree with any of that .

We have plenty of depth this year. Ballin played well fo the whole 80 mins.

Will finally get the chance to watch the game tomorrow.. really looking forward to it
Nutz,
Is this replayed on Fox or did you tape it? If on Fox,
what time mate.
I missed it as I was at Blowering Dam getting completely drenched. At least I can confirm that the water went to the catchment area. :lol:

i love it, we have competition for posititons all over the park.

Nothing makes people perform better when theres someone ready to ponce on ure spot if u f@ckup

i love it, we have competition for posititons all over the park.

Nothing makes people perform better when theres someone ready to ponce on ure spot if u f@ckup

I assume you mean "pounce" cliffy? we havent had to many ponce around since Roberts was here :)

can Ballin play 5/8?

If not move Monas to 5/8 and start Ballin... hes too good for the bench.. Burns didnt show much in the last game and i think he will be feeling the pinch.. his kicking was ordinary and his defence is easily matched by the other two.. hes not creative and he just runs when he gets the ball... so he could be the one who could lose his spot.. especially when Matai returns and Des decides to move Jamie to 5/8.. then Monas/Ballin benched with Burns missing altogether.

I have never seen him play 5/8 and i dont think its a good idea.

I am of the believer you should at least start you first grade career in your chosen position.

I choose to play fullback, the fact that I am well over 100kg and couldnt run out of sight on a dark night might stop that :)

I am of the belief that you play where you are put....

And Monas played some 5/8 at the beginning of last season. Unless you are talking about Ballin in which case disregard that.

well i think Monas and Ballin should start. they worked well together. Burns is going to struggle to find his way into the squad at full strength.

Dunley should struggle to make the PL bench.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4