No 1 rule change 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re that scrum feed the rorters were given after that charge down hit their trainer.
Surely the rule needs to be changed to be the team the trainer belongs gets punished not rewarded with another set.

They still haven't fixed the Josh Reynolds rort either yet. Where on the 5th tackle and 10m out you kick the ball at the referee to get a scrum feed against Manly in a semi.

After the Falcon by the chooks trainer denied the faiders a chance at a try, there needs to be a rule that trainers can only be on the field when an injury occurs.

We see Alfie Langer directly behind the donkey’s ruck whenever they’re attacking, acting as another set of eyes and directing their attack just as he did when he actually had a jersey on his back; the trainers need to disappear, except when they’re actually needed to attend to an injury.

Just my 2 cents worth.

After the Falcon by the chooks trainer denied the faiders a chance at a try, there needs to be a rule that trainers can only be on the field when an injury occurs.

We see Alfie Langer directly behind the donkey’s ruck whenever they’re attacking, acting as another set of eyes and directing their attack just as he did when he actually had a jersey on his back; the trainers need to disappear, except when they’re actually needed to attend to an injury.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I asked the nrl about Langer a couple of months ago.

Here's their response (fyi):

The blue trainer's duties are limited to interchange of players, provision of water, and carrying messages to individual team members. They are not allowed to give general messages to the team or provide any coaching (except to provide messages to individual team members) during play.
They are only allowed on the field while their team is in possession of the ball (up until the fourth tackle), when a try has been scored or during a time-out called by the referee due to an injury. They are not permitted on the field when their team is defending.

Thanks Global Eagle for the clarification on the blue shirt trainer.

Though it still leaves lots of scope for coaching through “messages to individual team members”; I still think that they simply shouldn’t be on the field.

Is there another sport that allows this kind of access to players by members of the coaching/ medical staff when active play is happening?

Edited to add: Actually, I just thought of the 1st and 3rd base coaches in baseball but these coaches aren’t actually on the field, very close to it but not actually on the field.

Last edited:
I asked the nrl about Langer a couple of months ago.

Here's their response (fyi):

The blue trainer's duties are limited to interchange of players, provision of water, and carrying messages to individual team members. They are not allowed to give general messages to the team or provide any coaching (except to provide messages to individual team members) during play.
They are only allowed on the field while their team is in possession of the ball (up until the fourth tackle), when a try has been scored or during a time-out called by the referee due to an injury. They are not permitted on the field when their team is defending.
But this guy was in an orange shirt.
Also, why do professional footballers need water in the second minute of play?
If a player is tired they should be replaced, not rehydrated by the water boy.

But this guy was in an orange shirt.
Also, why do professional footballers need water in the second minute of play?
If a player is tired they should be replaced, not rehydrated by the water boy.

I was just passing on the info I received about Langer, not colours of shirts n stuff.

They'll have to recruit from outside. Just picking random people off the street would be an improvement on what we have now..."Wanted NRL referees, no knowledge of rugby league necessary, also NRL CEO, negative IQ an advantage."

Must have offshore bank account and multiple empty garages.

Maybe theres some young up and coming pommy refs looking to make their mark in the nrl. Or poach thier best ones. Just keep em away from the current set up with annersly and sutton and co. Fresh unbiased lads with no pre game player watch sheets.

If the video refs insist on examining tries frame-by-frame whenever referred to the bunker by the ref, they should also be allowed to rule on forward passes.

I get so sick of the slo-mo back & forth to determine whether or not a player's finger is still in contact with the ball when grounding it for a try when the whole movement came off a blatantly forward pass.

Re that scrum feed the rorters were given after that charge down hit their trainer.
Surely the rule needs to be changed to be the team the trainer belongs gets punished not rewarded with another set.

The stupid thing is that the interference rule was originally in place if the ball had hit the referee. There was a time when a trainer or doctor or whoever would only be on the field when there was genuine need like an injury that took a player out of the game. Now the problem is that trainers are on the field so much these days that at some point, like in last Sunday's Grand Final, they are bound to get in the way.

If the ball hits any of your teams trainers who are on the field it should be an automatic loss of possession no matter what half of the field. Otherwise we'll end up seeing players deliberately throwing passes or kicking the ball so that it hits the trainer (who'll be under instructions not to duck) so they end up getting a scrum feed and another six if the play is in the opposition half. Imagine it, you've just gotten into the opposition half on the last tackle and suddenly the ball hits your teams trainer. As it currently stands, bingo another free set of six for the team in the attacking half because of "interference". If the rule isn't changed, now that its known that things like what happened with the trainer in the GF will get a free set of six it will happen more and more.

That is one rule that definitely needs changing because there are coaches and teams out there who will exploit it otherwise.

You may think i am crazy but
Let the video refs run the game. They are meant to have better vision and there are 3 in the box. One can watch the 10metres, one watch the ruck and the other can be on the hotphone with greenberg,

All the reports said that the TMO killed the kick and clap Wales v Fiji.

In relation to forward passes resulting in tries and offside-at-the kick rulings, I can't see why the NRL can't invest in "virtual marking" of the field?

The NFL highlight their 10 yard "down" line and swimming has a virtual world record line in front of the swimmers during the last lap. All of these would be calibrated on the venue being used.

Danger is that the NRL would be tempted to use it during normal play, giving more delays.

In relation to forward passes resulting in tries and offside-at-the kick rulings, I can't see why the NRL can't invest in "virtual marking" of the field?

Wouldn't work unless you get rid of the backwards out of the hands. Simplifying the game is what the should be aiming for. I would be 100% behind getting rid of all passes that are thrown or float forward.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6