No 1 rule change 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sick of players lying down till a penalty given, then suddenly they are 100% ok.

Bozo would have been in trouble back in the day. I think most of us have heard a few stories of him being taken high which saw him go "down for the count".....yet when the trainer (Manly, NSW or Kangaroos) got to him he told him to bugger off with the wet sponge (especially if it was a cold day in England) because he was fine and staying down to get a penalty lol.

Yep the strip can become comical
I reckon an easy solve
The part about ball security is fair...but it becomes another grey area when 3 players “drop off”
Soon as a second, third or fourth player comes in, the strip should become invalid and penalised regardless of “dropping off”
Keeps the onus on the attacker to hold the ball well, but the cheap, debatable rip of the ball is then gone

I agree - no stripping allowed unless it is purely one-on-one, no other tacklers involved in any way at any time.

Also, if the ball comes loose, no adjudication on knock on - the attacking player picks up the ball and restarts the tackle count.

Again, no "loose carry" if the ball is dislodged into the defender (for a millisecond) and regained by the attacker. Most of these incidents are only visible on replay and have been part of the game "for ever".

If the NRL are serious about fixing the mess they are in, more rule changes is not the answer...rule changes are how we have gotten into this mess in the first place.

Weak leadership has seen knee jerk reaction after knee jerk reaction whereby the game is constantly chasing its tail. The media and the growth of social media is responsible for pressuring the NRL into striving for perfection to the point where we want black and white calls in the same breath that we demand common sense and discretion; we can't have our cake and eat it too.

The best solution is to get rid of the bunker completely, with the exception of grounding of the football (which is viewed in real-time not super slow-mo). If the ball is grounded, a try is awarded. For everything else, the Bunker must stay out. That way, the referees will be empowered to make decisions, the touch judges go back to calling off-sides and forward passes. This way, stoppages are reduced.

They will get things wrong, but they are getting things wrong as is, so what is the point...the lesser of two evils is the odd mistake and a free flowing game, as opposed to the odd mistake, mass stoppages and confusion.

No rules that can't be clearly explained to a team of under 10s (or front rowers and commentators).
No rules that require ultra slow motion shots to deliberate on - rules must be suitable for both NRL and grass roots levels.
Interpretation is a dirty word!

1. No contact to the head.

Watch the rugby world cup. Tiddlywinks? Touch footy? Possibly. Effective rule change? Absolutely. I fell over backwards when an Aussie bloke last night was almost sent from the field for having his "bumpers" out and made secondary contact to the neck (hit chest then slid up). I remember when i played an elbow to the face hurt a lot. Probably still does (ask anyone who's tried to tackle NAS or JWH).

I'm personally sick of seeing blokes ironed out every game and apologists like Gus Ghoul saying it's fine. It's not. I don't want to see it and I don't want to see legends like Ian Roberts forget what he had for breakfast and why he's at the shops. It adds nothing to the game and there's an HIA or three each match.

No contact to the head.

1. No contact to the head.

Watch the rugby world cup. Tiddlywinks? Touch footy? Possibly. Effective rule change? Absolutely. I fell over backwards when an Aussie bloke last night was almost sent from the field for having his "bumpers" out and made secondary contact to the neck (hit chest then slid up). I remember when i played an elbow to the face hurt a lot. Probably still does (ask anyone who's tried to tackle NAS or JWH).

I'm personally sick of seeing blokes ironed out every game and apologists like Gus Ghoul saying it's fine. It's not. I don't want to see it and I don't want to see legends like Ian Roberts forget what he had for breakfast and why he's at the shops. It adds nothing to the game and there's an HIA or three each match.

No contact to the head.
People can argue as much as they want that it will ruin the game, but ultimately it's concussions and head injuries that will determine the fate of the game.
The thing is, in today's game it's not hard tackling that's causing the majority of these injuries but players coming in high and in numbers in an attempt to shut down the ball. The last couple of weeks have been a perfect example of it and it won't be too long before we see one which ends a career (or worse).

Speaking of rule changes, Fox have been screening some past GFs and the changes in the game over the past 15 years have been quite dramatic. Head high tackles were routinely excused as 'he was falling a bit', shoulder charges were fine, early in the 07 GF there was a blatant eye gouge by White which nowadays would have been picked up by MRC and cost him 6 weeks, not to mention Crocker would now get 6 weeks for the hit on Snake, and sent off. (On the other hand, how lucky was Big Georgie in 2011 when he accidentally elbowed Heremia!)
Personally I don't miss that level of wild thuggish violence although the villainy added to the theatre.
Also caught a couple of RWC games and they have taken player protection to a whole new level. Obviously very conscious of the insurance ramifications.

Speaking of rule changes, Fox have been screening some past GFs and the changes in the game over the past 15 years have been quite dramatic. Head high tackles were routinely excused as 'he was falling a bit', shoulder charges were fine, early in the 07 GF there was a blatant eye gouge by White which nowadays would have been picked up by MRC and cost him 6 weeks, not to mention Crocker would now get 6 weeks for the hit on Snake, and sent off. (On the other hand, how lucky was Big Georgie in 2011 when he accidentally elbowed Heremia!)
Personally I don't miss that level of wild thuggish violence although the villainy added to the theatre.
Also caught a couple of RWC games and they have taken player protection to a whole new level. Obviously very conscious of the insurance ramifications.

Croker’s hit on snake was assault with intent to harm. It worked. Such a low point in the game.

Something has to be done about the influence of trainers who are instructing players to feign injury to stop the match.
They apparently now have the right to instruct the ref to halt play, even if the 'injured' player is nowhere near the play.
These are tactics, and not being used for the welfare of players.

Spot on. The answer is that the player MUST be taken from the field and not be allowed back for at least 10 minutes and not unless cleared by a NRL doctor. Any player found by the NRL doctor to have faked is fined.

Croker’s hit on snake was assault with intent to harm. It worked. Such a low point in the game.
I agree, and one thing that struck me at the time is that not one commentator said, 'whoa, illegal head hit'. Gutless pricks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2