No 1 rule change 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Prefer Storm make the GF over Roosters...
But just seem the Storm fullback lay down and is fine.
But a thing I am 100% over which Cook scammed against Manly last week....
If you lay down due to injury, particularly these slip over 1-2 foot off the ground and get hit high....you don’t stay on the field....minimum 10 minutes sideline to be assessed ect.
Sick of players lying down till a penalty given, then suddenly they are 100% ok.
Maybe this will stop the dog act of playing for a penalty- the game has already gone soft enough.

Agree. I have a few of my own
1.Fix the obstruction rule. If it has no impact on the try scored then play on.
2. Sort out the carry over points and loading bull#$#@ for suspensions so its more consistent
3. If a player is being taken out OR in goal by the defence and the ref calls held, Do not penalise the defending side if momentum takes him over the line. Go back and play it where the ref called held! Just like they changed the rule if you pass after held call, you just go back and play it! Same rule should apply.
4. If a player is sin binned and the opposition scores a try the player comes back on

Mine
I want to hear the juvenile voices of the referees say this,
Play on.
I want to hear that more than the shrill of their self empowering whistle coupled with their juvenile voices screaming knock on.
I want to hear play on instead of a knock back being called a knock on.
Less stoppages and less power to these adult prefects.
They are now drunk on the power to inflict stoppages...

Mine
I want to hear the juvenile voices of the referees say this,
Play on.
I want to hear that more than the shrill of their self empowering whistle coupled with their juvenile voices screaming knock on.
I want to hear play on instead of a knock back being called a knock on.
Less stoppages and less power to these adult prefects.
They are now drunk on the power to inflict stoppages...
Yep - good call
I keep saying rugby league is becoming more like touch footy in many ways and 90% of dropped balls going backwards, is now a knock on???

If you lay down due to injury, particularly these slip over 1-2 foot off the ground and get hit high....you don’t stay on the field....minimum 10 minutes sideline to be assessed ect.
Sick of players lying down till a penalty given, then suddenly they are 100% ok.
Maybe this will stop the dog act of playing for a penalty- the game has already gone soft enough.
A major problem was created when they passed the buck, covered their arse and created the defender must look after the welfare and safety of a tackled player.
All the while expecting players to keep producing the big hits and at speed collisions that they love to parade around on promos.
A tackler looking after the welfare of the tackled is absurd in itself...

I'd like to see consistency in the refereeing and not have the rules applied arbitrarily depending on which team or player offends. There's no point in bringing in new rules or altering old ones unless this happens. Many people now see the game as being fixed. Whether this is true or just perceived to be true it's very worrying. We don't need new rules, we need consistent application of the rules. We won't get it though, apparently consistency is overrated.

You may think i am crazy but
Let the video refs run the game. They are meant to have better vision and there are 3 in the box. One can watch the 10metres, one watch the ruck and the other can be on the hotphone with greenberg,

I think something that should be introduced is a cap on how many times the ref can use the video ref.
Max should only be 2 reviews each team. 4 in total each game. Get them to make some calls and keep the game flowing.

I know it seems a step back in time, but I like 1 ref, as with 2 the interpretations are different, which adds to inconsistency.
The bunker....well I thought it was great technology when it came out, but in 2 minds as they still get many calls wrong....in fact not much more than just the old school touch judge calls....

Some teams made an art form of buying penalties this year. Every time a raiders player felt a touch on the back of his head he stayed down to see if he could get a penalty for a crusher. For annoyance value it was up there with the way one of the Eels forwards would start to see double and have to come off foe a HIA about 20 minutes into every match

For me there would be two changes;
1. Stop the stripping the ball rule
2. Have communication with the bunker switched off during play, if they don't see it and rule on it, then it's OK play on. OK to rule on tries but in real speed not frame by frame.

A simple one; no breakdown in play if in the play the ball, the ball goes forward accidentally off the foot of the attacking player. (Cannot go sideways as this can benefit the dummy half in his pick up.)

Often this is caused by the defender pushing or pulling the man playing the ball.

Long time ago it was legal to kick the ball forward in the ruck, as long as it didn't go sideways. You could actually score a try off that action.

As @Supreme Leader mentioned the stripping the ball rule has to change. There's 3 tacklers going in then two drop off and the one left strips the ball. It's got to stop.
There is way too much interference with players heads happening in tackles. All teams that played this weekend constantly did this. No penalties. It's foul play IMO.
Also the dragging back of players after the tackle is called held. This happened all weekend as well. The game is getting ridiculous.
As for commentary on the game, the bias is out of control. Having two ex-rooster coaches calling the game and wanking on about how good the sombrero chooks are, is vomit worthy for anyone who doesn't go for the roosters.
We need a panel of Silvertails posters to go in and fix the NRL.

As @Supreme Leader mentioned the stripping the ball rule has to change. There's 3 tacklers going in then two drop off and the one left strips the ball. It's got to stop.
There is way too much interference with players heads happening in tackles. All teams that played this weekend constantly did this. No penalties. It's foul play IMO.
Also the dragging back of players after the tackle is called held. This happened all weekend as well. The game is getting ridiculous.
As for commentary on the game, the bias is out of control. Having two ex-rooster coaches calling the game and wanking on about how good the sombrero chooks are, is vomit worthy for anyone who doesn't go for the roosters.
We need a panel of Silvertails posters to go in and fix the NRL.
Yep the strip can become comical
I reckon an easy solve
The part about ball security is fair...but it becomes another grey area when 3 players “drop off”
Soon as a second, third or fourth player comes in, the strip should become invalid and penalised regardless of “dropping off”
Keeps the onus on the attacker to hold the ball well, but the cheap, debatable rip of the ball is then gone

Catching the ball on the full in the 10 meter zone should be a seven tackle set.

Boring to watch pin point bombs that land 1-2 meters away from the try line and being able to force a restart by pushing the player in goal.

I'd like to see a change to the rule when a side gets a penalty and takes a shot at goal and misses the defending side takes a 20m drop out.
If you take the option for goal and miss you shouldn't get the advantage.
Should be a 20m tap for the defending side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4