Next years and weeks team........ your opinion!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
There has been much speculation on who Manly should attempt to buy for next year, and who they should re-sign. I thought I'd minimise it down into one thread, what would you like to see happen for next years competition. Taking note of the off-contract players.

Also on some current news, what about next week, what team would you pick from the current roster?

My View

If Matt Orford makes it to June 30 without being signed, we would be stupid to not make a serious play for him, along with Matt King from the Storm.

Also I feel bolstering our forward depth and ability is crucial, King is constantly injured and continues to fluctuate in form, as well as Harris. Buy Fui Fui Moi Moi from the Eels, if he doesn't get re-signed, great impact player much like Kylie, and would bolster our front row depth.

Finally, this cash we have used will require the releasing of some off contract players...... release Randall, Hollingsworth, Styles and Moorewood. But keep Leuluai, Heckenburg and Monaghan.

I also feel purchasing a few more young guys, would be essential, which is always the case each year anyways.

Next years potential lineup........

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Ashley Alberts (relying on him being the goods I suppose)
4. Matt King
5. Chris Hicks
6. Michael Witt
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Daniel Heckenburg
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Fui Fui Moi Moi
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart

18. Sam Harris
19. Mark Bryant
20. Shayne Dunley (feel Monas will play 80)
21. Luke Williamson
22. Paul Stephenson

Very good bench IMO and even better starting lineup. I'm probably dreaming, but that is a premiership quality side.

Back to reality

This weeks side..............

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Terry Hill
4. Chris Hicks
5. Taylor/Alberts
6. Michael Witt
7. Michael Monaghan
8. Brent Kite
9. Shayne Dunley
10. Daniel Heckenburg
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Luke Williamson
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart
18. Sam Harris (if BK or Choco don't backup)

Now it is your turn

I will leave next year alone mainly,but to be honest on the last few weeks form I wouldn't mind offloading some PL props to sign up Moi Moi for depth. (just saw you share the same view)

Heckenberg is still out as far as I know this week,so with that in mind,I would give King a message and bench him with Kylie starting. Harris goes and visits Toovey for a week after last night.
Have not seen enough of the PL centres to know wheater to bring them up,but Stephenson and Hill are not convincing at the moment.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sat May 21 2005, 03:28PM ]</span>

Well if we are gonna have this thread i spose i'll have a burl

Obviously i hope the rumours are true, and we sign Orford and King, as they will really bolster our side

outside of that we will have very little money, but i do feel that a few youngsters should always be signed, i'd go for Troy Boston (Souths star young centre) and Jamian Lowe (Cowboys Prop) imo Moi Moi is to hot and cold, and will not turn out to be a consistant first grader

based on our signings, i'd release Randall, Hollingsworth, Moorewood/Tutt and Johnson, maybe even Lennon
But Styles is worth another chance.......no money but

my side would be

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Ashley Alberts (relying on him being the goods I suppose)
4. Matt King
5. Chris Hicks
6. Michael Witt
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Daniel Heckenburg
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Sam Harris
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart

Premier League

1.Taylor
2.Peachey
3.Boston
4.Mattai
5.Meaney
6.Mullane
7.Burns
8.Lowe
9.Dunley
10.Bryant
11.Williamson (C)
12.Cleal
13.Ballin

14.Moorewood/Tutt
15.Stephenson
16.Styles
17.Cuthbertson
18.Robson

this weeks side (assuming Hecks is out)

This weeks side..............

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Terry Hill
4. MattaiTaylor/Alberts
5. Chris Hicks
6. Michael Witt
7. Michael Monaghan
8. Brent Kite
9. Luke Williamson
10. Kylie Lulu
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Sam Harris
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Stewart

Give Taylor a go at centre or wing. He wont let us down. I cant beleive how long its taking Des to give him a shot.

Release Randall,Hollingsworth for sure. Ballin is easily the #1 PL hooker and we are up to our ears in backrowers. No need for Hollingsworth.

Randall would free up a bit of $$, throw the leagues club at King and/or Orford. With those two being as close as they are if one of them chose to relocate the other would certaintly contemplate it too.

I wish the club hadn't resigned Harris & King. Glenn is a far superior player than Sam and I wouldn't mind seeing Bailey at Manly instead of King.

Regardless of who gets bought, who gets shafted. Willow is an essential part of the side.

I'd love to see Alberts or Taylor get a run, but the reality is that we're 7 and 3. Desmond isn't likely to make any drastic changes.

1.Stewart
2.Donald
3.Hill
4.Alberts
5.Hicks
6.Witt
7.Monaghan
8.Kite
9.Randall
10.Leuluai
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.Kennedy

14.Dunley - if he is given a short holiday, Burns,Ballin or Curtis.
15.King
16.G.Stewart
17.Kingy - Only because Hecks isn't playing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4