Next Week v Eels: Have Some Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I genuinely cannot see Des picking rookies/debuts for the game against Parra. Parra are at the peak of their powers and could realistically put a score on us. This week is not the week to throw 'lambs to the slaughter'. However I do believe Des will give a couple of new guys a run in the next 2 -3 weeks.
Probably right but nothing would surprise me from the mad professor.

I genuinely cannot see Des picking rookies/debuts for the game against Parra. Parra are at the peak of their powers and could realistically put a score on us. This week is not the week to throw 'lambs to the slaughter'. However I do believe Des will give a couple of new guys a run in the next 2 -3 weeks.

Surely though it cant hurt to at minimum pick one on the bench. Chances are we'll lose (though I certainly hope they win), so why not risk one player, just to get the experience and see what he can do.

I think parra could get pretty complacent. They do lack veterans... bar jennings.
Think the expectation of a straight loss could honestly be okay for blooding the young kids.
Can harper play fullback?
1. Metcalf / Hopoate 2 Parker / Harper 3 Harper / Parker 4 Suli 5 Garrick 6 Cust 7 DCE
is what we need.

Is this the Manly vs Parra pre game discussion thread or have we given up on it already hahaha

The dogs had all given up when we were to play them (their pre game thread)

and well..

something happened

The team has been a lamb to the slaughter the past 3 games....maybe a touch more enthusiasm and fresh players with potential may actually increase the teams overall performance....I get your point about effecting confidence, which I feel already looks fairly dismal right now...but some youth just may give the team a lift, its not panic stations yet, but there is genuine talent who may well play better than he more "Experienced" players who have been taking the field.
There's no 100% right or wrong due to a variation of reasoning, but personally happy if Des gives some youth with ability a Shot.

Sorry but an ugly duckling remains a duck, no matter how hard you want it to be a swan. If the talent isnt there you cant expect miracle to happen
Well there are a couple of Paris model Swans out injured and a couple of potential swans waiting for an opportunity...

Geez the defeatists in this thread :talking::talking:

You would think it is the Mona Vale under 9s vs The Roosters

Week is a long time in footy and we can win this. Will be very difficult and will require a stunning reversal in form but can be done.

We need a strong start and early momentum.

I think parra could get pretty complacent. They do lack veterans... bar jennings.
Think the expectation of a straight loss could honestly be okay for blooding the young kids.
Can harper play fullback?
1. Metcalf / Hopoate 2 Parker / Harper 3 Harper / Parker 4 Suli 5 Garrick 6 Cust 7 DCE
is what we need.
For some reason Des isn't reading Silvertails . . .

not surprised. des is too conservative with his selections always has been... conservative good defensive coach is great when we're on form and our attacking players are doing well.. not the best when struggling tho.
Parra by 30

surprising that he isnt reading SL's considering the wealth of knowledge and free advice available ,I mean between us all I'm sure we know more than Des even though he has been in what 5 GF's as a coach and won 2 ,and 3 I think as a player and won 2 .You can only lead the horse to water I guess .Oh well Des your loss mate .As Wayne Bennett once said "as a coach if you take advice from the fans ,it wont be long before you are sitting with them" (or words to that effect)
Anyway for what its worth (which is nothing ) I would like to see Schuster in as 14 , he could not possibly be any worse than Croker who I thought was diabolical and I only watched 20 mins .Also assuming he is fit Sipley in for Paseka who's hits to the line appear to have a ton-tine pillow like ferocity(although 1 or 2 times last week I thought he was trying to hurt a few opponents ,but not to much ) .Where as last year Sipley was bending the line and hitting hard before he got injured .
Anyway its another week and the team has the ability and if they have the will they will turn it around.As someone said before its not the Narrabean under 9s V the might of Parramatta 1st grade(makes me sick to say it ) its 17 grown men V 16 grubs and Gutho so Go Manly and make us proud ,you can do it !!!

We need to go into the game and throw the footy around and hope for the best, playing conservative won't win us the game with the troops we have. Offloads and hail Mary bombs. Plenty of them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4