Next week Dragons (Pre-Game Discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I have been very pro axing Brown all year due to his skills and what he offers as a player however I wonder about his influence and experience around the team. I think there is more to this side than just individual players and who's better than who talent wise. I can really see us being successful as a tight knit unit and sometimes the positive influence of some players is actually more valuable to the side then perhaps their ability as an individual player. I met Brown last year in Brisbane at the fan day prior to the double header with my 6 yr old and he was the most chatty and engaging with my boy and actually seemed really interested in us as fans. I also saw him on the bench after the win over easts and he was really pumped. I wonder if he offers more to this side morale and camaraderie wise than we know. I'm fine with either Hastings or brown as the utility and am happy with whoever Trent decides is the best option. The last 3 weeks suggests he knows what's best I think.

Im not sure its wise to throw Lussick straight back in. Don't get me wrong he was one of our best last year, but with the team firing and the forwards really digging in, upsetting that balance now may be unwise whilst he is trying to gain match fitness
I wouldn't expect a ton of minutes, we are a better team with him in the squad.Give him more and more each week and hopefully in a month we have his form back up to where he left off last year.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I have been very pro axing Brown all year due to his skills and what he offers as a player however I wonder about his influence and experience around the team. I think there is more to this side than just individual players and who's better than who talent wise. I can really see us being successful as a tight knit unit and sometimes the positive influence of some players is actually more valuable to the side then perhaps their ability as an individual player. I met Brown last year in Brisbane at the fan day prior to the double header with my 6 yr old and he was the most chatty and engaging with my boy and actually seemed really interested in us as fans. I also saw him on the bench after the win over easts and he was really pumped. I wonder if he offers more to this side morale and camaraderie wise than we know. I'm fine with either Hastings or brown as the utility and am happy with whoever Trent decides is the best option. The last 3 weeks suggests he knows what's best I think.

I gave you a like as you're the first person I've seen spell camaraderie correctly!

That and I agree with your insights and liked your story about meeting Brown.

I gave you a like as you're the first person I've seen spell camaraderie correctly!

That and I agree with your insights and liked your story about meeting Brown.

Are you sure it isn't spelled lsomething like

giphy.gif

+

giphy.gif

I am sure the experienced Brown is a nice guy and very chatty with the fans but Id like to see players picked in our top 17 by doing all the talking on the field . A great busting run A great covering tackle A smart creative play says a thousand words and lifts our team.
images.jpg

We are THE form team and full of confidence .
This is a lay down misère
Inhale confidence Exhale doubt
We are the mighty Sea eagles !!!
1107_original.jpg

As long as we are winning I'm pretty happy with either choice but I do wish Brown would eliminate some of those cheap penalties. I don't think he was on the park for more than a few minutes last week before he gave one away.

Interesting fact. Manly currently have what is effectively a 23 man squad as we all know. As of the end of the win over the Chooks we have so far used 22 players.....the only one yet to play other than Snake and Skivy is Darcy Lussick who should be playing this week meaning we have already used our entire (usable) first grade squad.

However, in saying that.....unlike last year the others aren't sitting on the sidelines nursing injuries, they are just in NSW Cup.

Edit: Jono Wright (ankle, rd.7) and Billy Bainbridge (shoulder, indefinite) are both on the injury list.

In other business, I think we can beat St Merge, but I wouldn't be taking them lightly.

Don't think Bainbridge is in the top 25, would be paid in the NYC cap, probably the same with Parker.

My guess is Jono Wright is the last person but may not be. Kennedy may not be top 25 either, could be 2nd tier as well.

Paul Vaughan best signing for them, he will be hard to stop this week.
Not with Taupau, Fonua-Blake, Lussick and Myles in our squad! He has been very good Vaughan I couldn't and still can't believe the raiders got rid of him. However, Marty Taupau alone will dispose of him

Tend to agree here. I've said it a few times but we need to stop expecting every player in the 1-17 to be playing out of their skin every week. Brown doesnt set the world on fire but he holds his own in defense and you can see enthusiasm everytime he takes the field. The only thing I would say is that I truly think hastings needs to be given more game time. I know he's young but the bloke can play and if we don't give him a decent crack at first grade I can see him going to a Melbourne (now that Cronk is off) or a Parra, Broncos, Dogs... Need to get him involved, hence I would consider rotating him and brown for that utility role and giving DCE/Green a rest every now and then? Same goes for our prop depth. Why not give Myles/BJ a rest every now and then and see what Lane/Perret/That new beast from the tigers can do. And I don't mean play them for Blacktown, just rest them. If you look at how injuries can cripple a team I think with our depth in the forwards and halves we should seriously consider this..

There is an anomaly in the way our grades are selected/scheduled.
Last week a fully fit Hastings didn't get onto the field, so why wasn't he given a run in the Manly Workers team (yes, I realise they played in NZ a couple of days later), or perhaps in 'A' grade.
How is a player like him (a) expected to get match fit without playing a match, and (b) get the selectors to notice him?

As long as we are winning I'm pretty happy with either choice but I do wish Brown would eliminate some of those cheap penalties. I don't think he was on the park for more than a few minutes last week before he gave one away.
that was a bull**** penalty ... even the commentators saw that JWH was holding Brown on top of him ... give him a break ... he has been good off the bench this season

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10