Next week’s team and the rest of the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Questions need to be asked if we don’t have a massive clean out at the end of the season. Given the salary cap you will always have to have journeymen in your team. However, our journeymen just don’t cut it.

Elliot, Tafua and Garrick have to be dropped otherwise hasler has lost it !!

Garrick is super fast and can finish but doesn’t make enough metres Only had 87 this week

Tafua makes a lot of metres but his slow and always caught out of position

elliot is safe but can’t pass the ball, support line breaks or Read the game
Tafua yes , must be dropped , out of position , slow , and hes not offering much in attack either , however i did give him a wrap a while ago as his handling has improved .
So i see Garrick and Elliot as solid but not dynamic players , if the rest of the team was going better i feel these 2 would go better as well , but yes maybe a week off would help them .

1. Hoppa
2. Miski
3.Funa
4.Suli
5.Garrick
6.Cust
7.DCE
8.Paseka
9.Levi
10.Jake T
11.Thompson
12.Olakuatu
13.Sironen

14. Schuster
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Boyle
Concentrate our attack down the right side with Cust, Sirro, Olakuatu and Suli running at Green.

Metcalfe
Garrick
Hoppa
Suli
Funa
Cust
DCE
Jake
Levi
Marty
Sirro
Guaca
Thommo

Shuster
Sipley
Keppie
Paseka

Concentrate on catching the kickoff, not being down 20 nil and playing some bright attractive football.
I’m not concerned a lot about the result. Some expansive footy please and put some miles in these kids legs for next year because we ain’t buying anyone.

Last edited:
Metcalfe
Garrick
Hoppa
Suli
Funa
Cust
DCE
Jake
Levi
Marty
Sirro
Guaca
Thommo

Shuster
Sipley
Keppie
Paseka

Concentrate on catching the kickoff, not being down 20 nil and playing some bright attractive football.
I’m not concerned a lot about the result. Some expansive footy please.

Unfortunately Metcalf needs an extra 5-10kg at least to be a decent FB option. I'd be sticking Hoppa at fullback, and keeping Funa at centre, because that's their natural positions. Having them at centre and wing respectively is moving 2 players out of their preferred positions, and playing another at fullback who isn't really a fullback.

But it WILL BE

Elliott
Tafua
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Cust
DCE
Marty
Levi
Paseka
Thommo
Sirro
Jake

Croker
Guaca
Sipley
Keppie

Unfortunately Metcalf needs an extra 5-10kg at least to be a decent FB option. I'd be sticking Hoppa at fullback, and keeping Funa at centre, because that's their natural positions. Having them at centre and wing respectively is moving 2 players out of their preferred positions, and playing another at fullback who isn't really a fullback.
Brimson, Papenhaussen , Duffy , Thompson ???All lightweights

He’s put on weight in last two years. Physically fine for the job. Defence is issue but that was Custs issue too

I agree re keeping in positions but just can’t see Hoppa being given the one for some reason. Seems he’s a kids glove job.Metcalfe trialled there. Be very happy to see Hoppa in one and your side though. It makes sense so that’s why it won’t happen
Would LOVE to see it.

Last edited:
Brimson, Papenhaussen , Duffy , Thompson ???All lightweights

He’s put on weight in last two years. Physically fine for the job. Defence is issue but that was Custs issue too

Yes, but all of those 4 players are fullbacks. Metcalf is a halves player, as seen through all of his junior career. He's only played fullback a few times in a NSW Cup team that ran 2nd last in 2019.

I just don't know why you'd be putting Metcalf at FB over Hopoate, who is an out and out fullback.

I would pick Hoppa at one for sure. It’s just that from what I’ve heard it won’t happen initially . Let’s face it both our sides are a pipe dream. Yours I like better but I was just trying to keep it remotely realistic.
It will be the same plodders.Brad will get knocked out and Thommo will play centre.

Wouldn't mind seeing this side this week:

1. Hoppa
2. Jorge
3. Funa
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust/Schuster
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Levi
10. Marty
11. Thommo
12. Olakau'atu
13 Siro

14. Croker/Schuster/Cust
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Waddell

All I know is if Parker Croker Waddell and Elliott play we will lose and probably lose badly. And they will play I’ve no doubt about that.We probably lose with the kids too but we learn something.

All four , assuming no more injuries , should not play again this year - or 2021 is gone as well.

Last edited:
I swear to god if I see all these names together in the 17 Elliot, Parker Taufua ,Croker tomorrow afternoon I'll smash something.

Only reason I can see is he thinks old tactics can work in the new game.

Robinson totally changed the Roosters game plan after round two. Panthers have just bitten the bullet and gone for youth and speed.
Creighton Leilua Stains are kids ... and killing it. In terms of age they match Shuster, Metcalfe and Hoppa almost exactly yet our blokes might as well be cardboard cutouts.

Parker is not progress but I suppose that switch is slightly better.
I wonder if there is any other team who would play Parker and keep Hoppa and Shuster mucking out the toilets when they have lost five of their last seven.with a three quarter line that have scored nine tries between them all year.
Answer. None !

to me it seems like des is being pushed by higher management to pick certain players i have a feeling he does not have full control of squad choice.

just going off my observations no inside knowledge at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8