Next 3 weeks crucial.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A home semi against Brisbane at Brookvale would be farkin’ amazing. That being said though, you just never know what can happen and our aim should be to finish as high as possible this far out from the finals. Imagine if sCam Smith suffered an injury that caused him to miss week 1 of the finals. Melbourne would implode in that situation.

If we were to only drop 1 game from here to the finals then 3rd place might also be possible.

Did you know that the last time we played Brisbane at Brookie was 1 August 2014? Since then all of our home games against them (in order) have been in Gosford (2015), and the last 3 "home" games have been at Suncorp.

BTW, we won that 2014 game at Bookie 16-4. And the only player still in maroon and white from that win is DCE.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2014/round-21/manly-warringah-vs-brisbane/summary.html

Last game against Storm maybe a gimme...
Storm will have minor premiership wrapped up & may wrap its stars in cotton wool in preparation for semis.
We might just be able to sneak into top 4???
Could depend on who they want to play, after Manly have shown they can beat Storm in Melbourne, they may play full strength to try get the win rather than face Manly Game 1 if Manly are looking at a 4th place finish ?

I just want Dragons to beat Eels this week.

That will take a lot of pressure off us especially if Storm beat Broncos as well.

I just want Dragons to beat Eels this week.

That will take a lot of pressure off us especially if Storm beat Broncos as well.

I'd expect Melbourne to beat the Drongos even if it is in Brisbane. But the way St Merge are right now they are probably long odds to beat Doesn't-matta. Unfortunately. And that makes a win over the Knights on Saturday arvo crucial. We win that, which we can and should, and it gives us breathing space. Lose and the Worms beat St Merge by a good margin and we would easily drop to 6th.

I'd expect Melbourne to beat the Drongos even if it is in Brisbane. But the way St Merge are right now they are probably long odds to beat Doesn't-matta. Unfortunately. And that makes a win over the Knights on Saturday arvo crucial. We win that, which we can and should, and it gives us breathing space. Lose and the Worms beat St Merge by a good margin and we would easily drop to 6th.

Agree it’s a must win game, but they all are from here

Pretty sure you can narrow it down to Parker, Garrick and or Taufua.

We can also safely say that people you blame wingers/centres are very short sighted and probably have little or no understanding of the game.
You are absolutely correct. I used to play as an outside back, and to this day I am completely blameless in absolutely everything...your honour.

I know there was a thread on this but I’m not sure 4th position , playing the Drizzle at Scamsville in week one is ideal.

5th, and a home semi at Brookvale would in my opinion ( apart from the guaranteed second bite ) be a better option.

Besides I think the chances of finishing 4th is limited unless one of the teams above us implode.
Would take 4th over 5th any day of the week. It's a no brainer imo. Playing Melbourne in Melbourne would not hold any fears for our blokes. Des would ensure that. I reckon Melbourne would fear us more than we them.
5th you have the chance of getting bundled out in week 1. Have an off day, bad decision, season gone.
Bring on 4th and Melbourne I say!!!

Would take 4th over 5th any day of the week. It's a no brainer imo. Playing Melbourne in Melbourne would not hold any fears for our blokes. Des would ensure that. I reckon Melbourne would fear us more than we them.
5th you have the chance of getting bundled out in week 1. Have an off day, bad decision, season gone.
Bring on 4th and Melbourne I say!!!

Think it’s unlikely anyway but anything is possible.

I know there was a thread on this but I’m not sure 4th position , playing the Drizzle at Scamsville in week one is ideal.

5th, and a home semi at Brookvale would in my opinion ( apart from the guaranteed second bite ) be a better option.

Besides I think the chances of finishing 4th is limited unless one of the teams above us implode.
Agree Mark, except surely nobody expects the NRL to allow a SF at Brookvale? Regardless of our position, can’t imagine we will be playing at home. We will be paid to take the game elsewhere.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6