News: Sea Eagles want out of Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Jeez imagine the parking situation at Manly oval.

If they could build a stadium at Narrabeen Sports academy or Rat park they could actually put up a great facility but that would cost waaaaayyy too much.

However it could easily attract other sports such as AFL, Soccer and Union and other exhibition matches

Plenty of room at the Narrabeen Sports academy and if the proposal was submitted as a multi purpose community facility perhaps the federal government may be a little more sympathetic in regards to funding.

Manly Oval will happen - it was being investigated before Lowe got here. Brookvale is in a sorry state and the Council is freezing us out of there and we need somewhere else.
I love Pittwater Park with heaps of parking and some new stands. The academy is a no go unless you can find millions of $ and multi millions of $.

People are dreaming if they think that anyone is going to finance a new stadium in the north part of Sydney. Unless there is some benevolent multi-billionaire needing a way of spending his funds, there is no way this will happen.

In this era of Private enterprise, no Government will go into debt for a stadium. Noone will spend on anything that won't be a cash cow.

Sydney already has many stadiums that don't make money and that is the problem.

Given we are in electorates that are safe coalition seats neither party needs to spend to win them. My bet is that there is no way the next NSW Treasurer and the Member for Manly will offer a cent. Nor will Rob Stokes or anyone for the Libs. Of course stuff-all has been received from Labor - no votes in it.

Seaeagle63 link said:
exactly where is Rat Park?

North Narrabeen, Google it to see what it looks like.

It would need heaps (mulit millions) of money spent on it, currently it makes Brookie look very good.

It's basically brookie with no southern stand and a half size western stand. As with Narabeen, there are public transport issues with having to travel that far up the peninsula.

Fonz link said:
It's basically brookie with no southern stand and a half size western stand. As with Narabeen, there are public transport issues with having to travel that far up the peninsula.

Easily fixed. And Wakehurst parkway isnt too bad. Easy from the city and from west and from northern beaches.

Academy would be a top location

Yeah it would be mate. But if you're gonna start from scratch, why not use Manly oval? The only problem is parking but i'm sure there is an answer. Someone suggested underground parking.

THe Acadmey will not make a great location because there is only one road going in or out, there is no way they will build a 16,000 seat stadium and have one road in and out.... not forgetting the $$ side as well....

All these fixes (pakring, new Stands etc...) people are discussing for Manly Oval / Rat Park could be done @ Brookvale and since no Local Council is going to fund it only the state or federal would so why would they spend millions bringing worse stadiums up to scratch instead of brookvale? seems like a big waste of money to me.

What needs to happen is Warirngah Council actually go to State/Federal Govornment with a plan of what they want to do and incorporate some dual community use for the new additions instead of blankly asking for $$$ to do it up as it is clear from this article no State or Federal will give them money without a plan as they will mismanage and spend it elsewhere.

To Achieve this we need to continue to be on the Council, they just spent all this $ consulting locals and 93% of them said they want manly to stay. We need to remind these elected officials they work for the community not a small minority of vested interests.

As i said earlier we need to stop whinging work together and lobby the council to get it's act together to upgrade the oval.

I keep thinking that someone should float the idea of building a new stadium in Frenches Forest as part of the new hospital - major commercial development - hi-rise residential plan that is being thrown around.

The only issue would be that it is still in Warringah, and of course the funding would still have to be found.

Its a real pity we can't get a NB/NS A-league team, or some other major sporting team playing in the area. Not only are governments always willing to throw money at soccer before RL but having two voices instead of one would certainly help.

Academy & Rat Park are in the middle of bum f*ck nowhere.

If we think away fans look at Brookvale as a bit too much of a hike, they'll never go another 10 - 15kms north. Limited busses & over an hour from the city on a bad run.

Besides, with the money it'd take to get Rat Park up to the level of Brookie, you could get Brookie beyond what it needs to be. It's a park with a grandstand. A complete rebuild.

Duff link said:

If we think away fans look at Brookvale as a bit too much of a hike, they'll never go another 10 - 15kms north. Limited busses & over an hour from the city on a bad run.

Besides, with the money it'd take to get Rat Park up to the level of Brookie, you could get Brookie beyond what it needs to be. It's a park with a grandstand. A complete rebuild.

I go past the Academy more than i go past brookie. It is just so much easier to take the parkway to get to the city than battle through manly Vale, balgowlah and the bridge that is not a bridge

Dan link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186520.msg317213#msg317213 date=1298353968]

I go past the Academy more than i go past brookie. It is just so much easier to take the parkway to get to the city than battle through manly Vale, balgowlah and the bridge that is not a bridge
[/quote]

I'm thinking more of public transport than driving. As long as there's parking, you can drive anywhere.

By PT, you can only realistically look at Manly, DY or Brookvale as a location for anything major on the Beaches.

What Lowe should be doing is getting in the ear of Mike Baird, Brad Hazzard et al - for some money from the incoming state govt - with strings attached as to how it is spent i.e. on more seating and replacing those wooden bench seats that went out with Lidcombe Oval. Essentially that is what the Council has previously told the Club it should do. All Warringah Council has done is use the money to improve a community asset, which they own and in accordance with their own plan of management  -which MWDRLFC agreed with some 13 years ago.

Manly doesn't have to go asking for big amounts of money, smaller amounts of $1-3 million here and there will do in further improving the lot of the paying customer. Get that right and eventually money will flow for bigger improvements.

I mean, who drew up plans for second tiers in grandstands etc and didn't check with Council as to where they wanted to spend the money in the first place? Meanwhile well-intentioned supporters paid for upper tier seating that has yet to eventuate. Wonder if they got their money back?

Lowe needs to work with Council, not against them. He should be asking them what is happening with the plan to lease naming rights to the ground. Maybe he is. I don't care if that information remains confidential, as it should until an announcement is made - but get proactive in a positive way.

As someone else said, pie in the sky threats to move to Manly Oval, Pittwater Park etc should be treated with a massive grain of salt, because those grounds are so far behind Brookvale as a footballing venue it isn't even funny. And does anyone think the locals around Manly Oval are going to welcome the thought of 12 -20k RL fans dropping in on their local patch over 12 weekends in winter?

Phantar link said:
What Lowe should be doing is getting in the ear of Mike Baird, Brad Hazzard et al - for some money from the incoming state govt - with strings attached as to how it is spent i.e. on more seating and replacing those wooden bench seats that went out with Lidcombe Oval. Essentially that is what the Council has previously told the Club it should do. All Warringah Council has done is use the money to improve a community asset, which they own and in accordance with their own plan of management  -which MWDRLFC agreed with some 13 years ago.

Manly doesn't have to go asking for big amounts of money, smaller amounts of $1-3 million here and there will do in further improving the lot of the paying customer. Get that right and eventually money will flow for bigger improvements.

I mean, who drew up plans for second tiers in grandstands etc and didn't check with Council as to where they wanted to spend the money in the first place? Meanwhile well-intentioned supporters paid for upper tier seating that has yet to eventuate. Wonder if they got their money back?

Lowe needs to work with Council, not against them. He should be asking them what is happening with the plan to lease naming rights to the ground. Maybe he is. I don't care if that information remains confidential, as it should until an announcement is made - but get proactive in a positive way.

As someone else said, pie in the sky threats to move to Manly Oval, Pittwater Park etc should be treated with a massive grain of salt, because those grounds are so far behind Brookvale as a footballing venue it isn't even funny. And does anyone think the locals around Manly Oval are going to welcome the thought of 12 -20k RL fans dropping in on their local patch over 12 weekends in winter?

Very good points.

I wonder though as well, if Manly couldn't go to council with a big chunk of their own case, despite the minefield this would create, say add $2 to the price of adult tickets as an optional levy to go towards the improvements.

To properly upgrade brooky is beyond the means of the local council without putting a huge impost on warringah rate payers. Either it needs state funding, federal funding or other local councils to kick in. Pittwater & Manly residents also benefit by using the brookvale stadium. You could slug non warringah residents for higher price tickets if they live outside of warringah council area.    

higher ticket prices for out of towners, might as well shut the gates now as crowds would fall to SFA straight away.

and how would you administer it.

Early applicant for dumbest post of the year...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6