News: Salary cap $7 million for the 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Lowey doesn't have a good......well......he doesn't HAVE a track record of acquiring / signing players.

I hope this new guy adds a more pro-active, "get the job done" type vibe to the role.

Mayer didn't bring in any players either. In fact it was partly due to his incompetence at trying to land a big fish to replace BK that gave Glenn Stewart a crack and that worked out pretty well for us. And believe me we chased every name backrower in the comp and he came up duck eggs.

These days the CEO is only part of a team in the player negotiation stakes, coaches and footy managers are the real decision makers.

The coach can make recomendations which are usually taken on board but the CEO/CFO will say yes or no. Tis this way with all large businesses.
:dodgy:

Footy is different. CEO runs the overall business of which player signings are only a small part and you have your SME's in those fields. I guarantee you 90% of the work done in getting players to sign for your club will be done mainly by guys like your footy managers, player recruitment officers and depending on the players age, the coaches.

Masked Eagle said:
Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Lowey doesn't have a good......well......he doesn't HAVE a track record of acquiring / signing players.

I hope this new guy adds a more pro-active, "get the job done" type vibe to the role.

Mayer didn't bring in any players either. In fact it was partly due to his incompetence at trying to land a big fish to replace BK that gave Glenn Stewart a crack and that worked out pretty well for us. And believe me we chased every name backrower in the comp and he came up duck eggs.

These days the CEO is only part of a team in the player negotiation stakes, coaches and footy managers are the real decision makers.

The coach can make recomendations which are usually taken on board but the CEO/CFO will say yes or no. Tis this way with all large businesses.

Footy is different. CEO runs the overall business of which player signings are only a small part and you have your SME's in those fields. I guarantee you 90% of the work done in getting players to sign for your club will be done mainly by guys like your footy managers, player recruitment officers and depending on the players age, the coaches.
I don't want to sound like a know it all but remember Melbourne salary cap - Bellamy I know nothing - CEO gets fired.

Thats the way it goes. Any good CEO will take advice form the coach / rec ofiicer wants but he has the financials & makes the decisions.

The coach gets what he's given by the CEO & he has the generally final word unless they are a yes man employed to smooth things over & not make any decisions without the owners express permission. (Does that sound familiar!).
reeling-smiley.gif

Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
Jerry1 said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:

I don't want to sound like a know it all but remember Melbourne salary cap - Bellamy I know nothing - CEO gets fired.

Thats the way it goes. Any good CEO will take advice form the coach / rec ofiicer wants but he has the financials & makes the decisions.

The coach gets what he's given by the CEO & he has the generally final word unless they are a yes man employed to smooth things over & not make any decisions without the owners express permission. (Does that sound familiar!).
reeling-smiley.gif

So you believe Bellamy had no idea?

I'd say the CEO more rubber stamps the offers than actually says what they are going to be. He might do most of the negotiations but he'll be asking the footy staff if they think its worth it. Des might say chase these two players and the CEO will come back and say they want X amount and Des might tell him not worth it at that price, or I don't care how much it costs, just get it done!

Do you think the CEO of Manchester United tells Alex Ferguson who he can and can't buy? He'll tell Big Red Nose he has X amount of dollars to spend and he'll make the decision on who to get and how much to pay.

Of course the CEO takes most of the crap because thats what goes with getting the big dollars. I reckon we'd be suprised about how much time a normal NRL CEO would spend each day on player recruitment/retention. They've got to deal with all the commercial aspects, sponsorships, game day, presidents, boards, player welfare, meetings, meetings and more meetings. They just don't have the time to mirco manage to that level.

Its collaborative alright but Des is instrumental in deciding who we chase and has massive influence during negotiations & on the outcome.

The Eagle said:
Any player with a brain stem will be trying to get out current contracts to get the buffed new contracts,anyone else who signs up for a team this year would be a f**king moron to take more than a 1 year deal

What's the difference between a 1 year deal and a 3 year deal with a back ended contract? Why can't you get paid more in the later years?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6