News: Old winger still has speed to burn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p />IT WAS conceived as a mid-1990s bonding session. Manly coach Bob Fulton felt his Sea Eagles needed a change of scene. So he decided to take them go-karting.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4424-old-winger-still-has-speed-to-burn.html">Read the full article</a>

I hope that he is a better race car driver than property developer.  His development in Mona vale is supposedly not a very good one quality wise.

Looks like Jack has the necessary skills to negotiate the dangerous conditions of a Sea Eagles Board meeting.

Elsegood wins V8 ute championship

JACK Elsegood is in no rush to move into the lucrative Supercar series despite finally breaking through to win the V8 Utes Championship on Sunday.

Needing only mid-field finishes in each of the three races on the weekend to take the title, Elsegood survived an anxious moment in race two on Saturday to seal the deal.

The 35-year-old won his elusive maiden Championship when he placed fifth in race three of the weekend on Sunday.

Having finished second in the series three times over the last six years, the former Sea Eagles winger said the pain of previous close calls made this victory much sweeter.

“I’m pretty relieved to get there, especially because I’ve come so close so many times in the past,” Elsegood said on Monday.

“I stayed out of trouble ... I just wanted to have clean races and get the car home.

“It was tough trying to play it safe ... protecting a lead is boring. But it’s a great feeling to finally win the title.

“I’ve been with Coopers for six years and it’s great to finally bring this home to them.”

Elsegood celebrated the title win with a cruise around Sydney Harbour on Sunday night.

Now that he’s crossed the V8 Ute Championship off his to-do list, Elsegood hopes he will finally get a chance to step up to racing Supercars.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4