News: No more players for Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rambo1987 link said:
The last team not to sign anyone was the Roosterds in 2009 - all they picked up was some Pommie called Jordan Tansey who they released mid-season. They finished last that year.

Did they have any talent that was coming through their junior stocks? I think the answer would be no.

We have plenty of talent coming through, Hoppa,Oldfield,Buhrer,DCE some contracts finish up in 2012, im sure we will be fine, and im confident that we will see some fresh faces in 2012, just looking forward to seeing the young blokes come through. Only worry is Lowe hes bad news, we need a major sponsor ASAP !

The Wheel link said:
Dont spoil it with facts fluffy

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

For you maths professionals:-
2008 Avergae of 14,118
2009 Average of 13,593
2010 Average of 13,360

Those numbers are slipping....and don't talk s**t Geoff.

Guys..if any of you heard bruno cullen talking about how the broncs work their cap with third party sponsors , oh and the 170 corporate boxes they have , they should be winning the comp EVERY YEAR....but they dont...i havent made comment regarding Lowe as yet , but this beggar comment  - pleeaassee.....hows this Lowey ??? seeing as youve concentrated on getting exposure for manly on free to air in NZ , where's the return from this ?? Is there a single potential sponsor out there in NZ, whod be happy to get some value by having their logo seen for half an hour each week during the winter - if there isnt then seriously this kiwi thing must go - but wait..there's the PNG as well - lol...what runs did lowe have on the board , to be hired as a ceo , and what benefit , if any , are we getting for this supposed kiwi connection through lowe , whether it be sponsors, junior clubs set up over there as feeder clubs/ academies etc.....i know it sound negative , but if the new money thats coming into the game is via memeberships as the pokies money is finished etc - and we cant have a gambling agency as it goes against nrl sponsorships - then a comittment needs to made to the ground - because the measly amount of covered seating and the crappy facilities - are what killing our club more than anything - win lose or draw. To me Lowe seems out of his depth if he cant deliver a major sponsor soon, and a decent one to boot...maybe after this court case with out player , things will be speeding up with regards to someone getting on board.

Our memberships (I'm at work, so will find the full link as well):
Manly's has actually gone backward from 3023 to 2686

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Correct Fluffy, Vid has little to no involvment as such in MWSE (well certainly not at a board or decision making level).

For the first time that I can ever remember we have an actual, go to all the games, stand on the hill and cheer, everyday supporter who is in some form of executive level, albeit at the Football Club level (which has limited say in the day to day runnings of the club) and you are correct he is passionate to see membership and attendance grow.

He's also a huge driver behind the MWTS crew and his committment has seen record numbers of fans travelling to away games and sitting together to ensure our players feel a presence at every field.

To bag him for, on field performances, player retention (or aquisition), club finances and whatever else is in your dribble is pretty poor form Ryan.

He is NOT to blame for any of that, he does NOT hold a seat on the MWSE Board and as such deserves an apology!

As mentioned - one sentence worded badly. He is an avid supporter of Lowey and the board - my statement was ment for him as a fan - no more.

Apologies.

Also - this isn't about me and / or Vid. No Hi-jacking.
We are lacking a major sponsor, funding, and trends (numbers provided) are going the wrong way.

No new signings is a red rag to a bull when it comes to Ryan. How could you do this to us, Lowey you bastard :)

Rebuild, rejig, reconstruct, reinvigorate, reinvent.

"We are lacking a major sponsor, funding, and trends (numbers provided) are going the wrong way"

That I would concur with 110% Ryan.

It's a LONG way from 2007-08 but those years were also the peak of our on field powers.

I have a feeling that many of us (being Manly supporters in plural) are just "fairweather fans"...you only have to ask the question "where are the other 50,000 people that were at Olympic Park on GF day in 2008"

It's simple, we had a **** year, people love winners...when they don't they drop off.

I know it's like what comes first Chicken or the Egg....but I really think these things are cyclical....we had our time, we played in two GF's and due to cap pressures we'll now be forced back a bit and have to rely on young players coming through. As Crusher has said to me time and time again, these are 5 year plans....and based on that 2012 should be a good year and 2013 should be a great year, and in the interim we'll just have to be patient.

Sorry Ryan but have to disagree, I would say only a couple of teams have a better roster on paper than ours right now. A lot hinges on Stewart coming back but if he has a full season we will coast into the top 4.

Sean link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=185507.msg298421#msg298421 date=1285630937]
We do have Chris Bailey ;)

Thank god for that!
[/quote]

You mean, thank goat for that!

The only people that you can blame for low crowds and low membership numbers are the apathetic supporters who don't buy memberships or go to the games in order to support the club.    

The thousands of Manly supporters who went to the grand final need to have a look and themselves if they don't attend normal games and are not members.

They want Manly to win more premierships but don't realise that unless they support the club we won't be there again any time soon.

The club shouldn't need to promote memberships as it should be every fans duty to be one.

Can anyone tell us how many seats we have in the stands ?  maybe a reason why we dont have a core 10,000 season ticket members ....??

if anyone thinks our prop rotation of king, kite, rose and cross are going to lead us to a premiership than they may be disappointed!! Our 5 year plan didn't include Tasi or Hargreaves so that is a shame. Rodney and King were by far our 2 best forwards. Alot of pressure on Watmough and Glenn. Let's hope Choc gets fit again and Glenn loses that bulk that has slowed him down enormously.

Darren link said:
if anyone thinks our prop rotation of king, kite, rose and cross are going to lead us to a premiership than they may be disappointed!! Our 5 year plan didn't include Tasi or Hargreaves so that is a shame. Rodney and King were by far our 2 best forwards. Alot of pressure on Watmough and Glenn. Let's hope Choc gets fit again and Glenn loses that bulk that has slowed him down enormously.
              Spot on we are on a 5 year plan to fold with the lack of leadership at the place at the moment.

Cheers

I don't know how close these would be but just a guestimate of our top 25 squad

Snake   $400
Wolf     $200
Matai    $230
Lyon     $400
Robbo   $200
Foran    $270
DCE      $100
King      $300
Ballin     $250
Kite       $300
Choc      $400
Rodney   $200
Gift        $300

Rose       $150
Cross      $100
Joe         $100
Bailey      $150

Hoppa        $100
Oldfield       $75
Burher        $75
Lussick       $75
Whare        $75
Cunningham $75
Mauro         $75

So about 4.5 million there with a bit of give and take and some insentives for the younger blokes thrown in we are pretty close to the cap.

I think every club has a certain percentage of "fairweather" supporters.. And I don't think fans should become members as a 'duty' to the club... I love the club and have supported them in a hostile environment in Newcastle since I was a kid... including in '97... and in the dark days of the Northern Eagles... We have a pretty damn good roster next year and I'm looking forward to what a few of you say at the end of the season when we do go well... I don't see what the big deal is with recruiting new players... who have we lost for next year that was in our top 25 this year? Perry... Hodkinson... Anyone else? Look at our '08 team... all the players we have retained since then are still well and truly young/good enough to perform and the ones that have moved on we have more than adequate replacements... with minor exclusions... I also don't think our top 4 chances hinge on Stewart... We had every chance of making the top 4 this year without him if not for a few games at the end of the year where we gave up leads and made a few silly mistakes... Sure the major sponsor issue needs to be resolved quickly but i'm sure we will get there!
KEEP THE FAITH!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6