News: No more players for Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE Sea Eagles have closed their books on approaching any new players for the 2011 NRL season.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5167-no-more-players-for-sea-eagles.html">Read the full article</a>

this doesnt worry too much. front row could do with some more depth but happy we have cover in most other positions.

front rowers next year are king, kite, rose & cross - not the most mobile bunch and an injury to 2 at the same time would be disaster for the finals prospects.

the big worry is the lack of sponsors lining up. we have a sound record over the past 5 yrs, some exciting players coming thru and some high profile players already on the books.

also, when lowe was employed the big tick for him was his relationships with big business. i am surprised something hasnt already come about.

Country Matt link said:
the big worry is the lack of sponsors lining up. we have a sound record over the past 5 yrs, some exciting players coming thru and some high profile players already on the books.

also, when lowe was employed the big tick for him was his relationships with big business. i am surprised something hasnt already come about.
we have AAA Radiators,what I'd like now is a muffler sponsorship...Manly Muffs as major sponsor?(it's early,thats all i've got! )

If Snake is back next year - possible top 8. Outside of that possibility, and I hate to be a pessimist for a team I love, we are stuffed.

so is he saying there is no money ?
someone @ Manly is seriously lacking in the sums department if that is the case

For the record, whilst Graham Lowe is talking about being a beggar for an established, historic business like Manly (really making our brand look hot !!), Greater Western Sydney AFL are trying to accomodate TWO brand new CORPORATE major sponsors in both Sanyo and Integral.

Chalk and cheese people. Chalk and cheese. Some say it is too hard, and call their brand as being associated with beggars, others go out and get it, professionally, and easily, as we have had for the past 4-5 years (up until around 12 months ago).

I warned a lot of you on here that Quantum were unhappy with the "relationship" our current management were providing. Now, we are stuck, "begging", and they are his words.

No signings. With Graham Lowe and his old hand tactics, I expected us to lose the barter for many players - now Lowe has lead us into an era where they are un-affordable.

Like it or not, we are broke, unable to acquire new players and / or sponsors, heading backward in memberships, heading backward in crowd numbers.

BUT, this is what Max, Vidmar and his board wanted, so they now have to live with it. No-one can say they weren't warned, so this lack of players and / or sponsors cannot be a surprise.

Yes, I am ropeable. People are suggesting, "at least we have a club", and "at least we have good players". Not for long people. Lowe is driving us into the ground (and I challenge Vidmar to show me the numbers / actions as to why this ISN'T the case - but I won't hold my breath).

Geez things have gone downhill since the WCC.And by the looks of it,it's going to go further downhill before we start to climb upwards again(especially with Lowe in charge)..

Yes all Vidmar's fault I reckon  ;D .......Vid, a word?

The floor's yours.....as are the walls and the ceiling ;-)    

maybe things are shipshape after all, remember people were writing us off in 07 and 08 with 'lacklustre roster lucky to get into the top 8' etc.

Still plenty of time to announce sponsors for 2011 season

So much of next year will depend on one Brett Stewart and how his knees hold up.

I also think that we have quite a few players whose contracts expire at the end of next year and 2012 could be a massive change over in our playing roster particularly if 2011 is an ordinary one.  

Injuries killed us this year not Vid.

Maybe I see a different squad to a few people but we have great talent. If we get lucky with injuries we can again go close next season. Maybe our new club song should be keep the faith, seems a lot of people have lost it for next season already.

Every club goes through this type of situation every few years when it comes to recruitment. We were never going to recruit too many players for next season after resigning players. Yes nothing has been made official about Foran and the like but I am confident that we have got him and Glenn Stewart , Jamie Lyon locked up for a few more years.
Now if the recruitment for 2012 is exactly the same as recruitment for 2011 then I will start getting worried. I am quite confident also that Manly are looking ahead to 2012 and will release some older guys such as Kite and go for a younger gun prop such as Kade Snowden who is off contract after 2011.
Keep the faith people !

members were up this season ryan and crowds the best of the last 3 years, the 2 things that Vid is most involved in.

I don't get it. People on here have been voicing there opinions all year about blooding new talent, which we have done. Now the CEO is saying that we are going to be looking at that talent to step up next year, but some are now complaining that we are not signing anyone.

I'm happy with the squad we will have next year, a good mix of youth and experience. As for the sponsor, yes that is a bit of a worry, but I am sure we will have one before the start of next season.

Correct Fluffy, Vid has little to no involvment as such in MWSE (well certainly not at a board or decision making level).

For the first time that I can ever remember we have an actual, go to all the games, stand on the hill and cheer, everyday supporter who is in some form of executive level, albeit at the Football Club level (which has limited say in the day to day runnings of the club) and you are correct he is passionate to see membership and attendance grow.

He's also a huge driver behind the MWTS crew and his committment has seen record numbers of fans travelling to away games and sitting together to ensure our players feel a presence at every field.

To bag him for, on field performances, player retention (or aquisition), club finances and whatever else is in your dribble is pretty poor form Ryan.

He is NOT to blame for any of that, he does NOT hold a seat on the MWSE Board and as such deserves an apology!

The last team not to sign anyone was the Roosterds in 2009 - all they picked up was some Pommie called Jordan Tansey who they released mid-season. They finished last that year.

WAMF link said:
Ryan, Vid is on the FC board, not the Sea Eagles board.

Sorry mate....I meant in his overall support of both (board / CEO). I understand he's a different area, but still an advocate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8