News: Hoppa to it, Mr Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reggie 12 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
It all depends on how much Hoppa wants from us to stay a Sea Eagle & how much a extremely talented 18year old with that has played 5 1st grade games is worth, The other clubs will come in and force the price up for sure but if in 5 years time he will be up there with the highet paid for sure imo, this is where salary cap consesions for local juniors coming thru the grades & long stay players needs to be introduced so clubs can foster & keep their kids

You are a fool exemptions for local juniors yeah that would help us pull your head in, I guess we let the young star go and we keep snake don't get me wrong but his best day's are behind him and we are pissing money up the wall at the moment with his contract. I say at his best he was a star but at the moment he is as slow as rose and never fit I know who I want playing fullback at the minute, and don't give me a spiel about getting fitness his knees are shot and his career gone those are the facts.I have just moved interstate and was stuck with watching some afl and I have to say our fan base and ground is a joke, in a city the size of Sydney 8,000 lol and the despicable decrepit old ground I nearly cried, the afl crowds were 80,000 40,000 and 38,000 how can we survive? I say we can't I'm glad I saw the glory day's of the club because it is all downhill from here, and don't hit me with the rain excuse if we can't pull more then that and improve the standard of the ground then i think we deserve all we get. I'm ready for all the personal insults and the troll line trotted out but as supporters if you think we are going well you are dreaming,poor fan base,disgusting ground equals no MAJOR sponsor and losing young players.

Hi my name is Reggie and I have no friends, so I go around and join in on opposition forums to fill in my day.

Mudeagle please. Put it away and zip your fly back up.

Mudeagle, put the tissue down and zip yourself up.

ok your probably all right, i have been supporting manly for 40odd years so it was a little over the top to say id give up on them , but i am worried about the future of our club , we cant keep losing our best young players every year and not go out and replace them as we have seen with our front row dept, des and co might be right in letting them go and have others in mind but it does seem strange that we keep the older ones ( 2nd string players
) and let the young ones go

Who are these young players we keep losing ?

JWH, Tasi and Hodkinson are about all I can think of, Tasi is yet to debut, while the other 2 are yet to hit a mark anywhere near their paychecks

Foran is far and away the best young player we have produced and he is still here

mudgeagle the hole just keeps getting deeper. Listen, we can lose the players Des wants to lose. Get a grip. We have made the eight for eons now, and will for the future. All's good. We area very successful club. We will keep the young players the club wants to keep. The last few that have been 'lost' were not 'our best'. Rose, King and Kite might be old, but they are not second stringers and they are complimented by younger players coming through. Does not 40 odd years of success bolster your thoughts? Get your hand out of your pants and keep the faith brother.

DSM5 said:
mudgeagle the hole just keeps getting deeper. Listen, we can lose the players Des wants to lose. Get a grip. We have made the eight for eons now, and will for the future. All's good. We area very successful club. We will keep the young players the club wants to keep. The last few that have been 'lost' were not 'our best'. Rose, King and Kite might be old, but they are not second stringers and they are complimented by younger players coming through. Does not 40 odd years of success bolster your thoughts? Get your hand out of your pants and keep the faith brother.

27-28 is old for Rosey? Geez.

Also, Hoppa is good, but FMD, people are making out he's the next coming of Andrew Johns (in an outside backs body).

I thought Reggie was the name of some other club's mascot. A club that once upon a time was successful - but very few of us remember those times, well before most of you were born ...

Kiwi Eagle said:

JWH, Tasi and Hodkinson are about all I can think of, Tasi is yet to debut, while the other 2 are yet to hit a mark anywhere near their paychecks

Foran is far and away the best young player we have produced and he is still here

If it comes down to us and the Dogs for Hoppa's signature, I'm sure glad Hodko is on their books on an overinflated salary rather than on ours. That might be the difference in the end.

MadMarcus said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

If it comes down to us and the Dogs for Hoppa's signature, I'm sure glad Hodko is on their books on an overinflated salary rather than on ours. That might be the difference in the end.

To be honest I'm more worried about what they can offer him in terms of position as opposed to dollars. Although not sure if Ben Barba would be too happy if they are offering the fullback spot, although Idris's centre spot would be available. Young Hoppa might look at our team and think, wing is his best chance at first grade atm here. I just hope he is a patient man and looking long term as I'm sure part of the negotiations will be long term and where we see him playing, they might just say the wing for a year or two but after that you'll move closer to the action.

Jatz Crackers said:
Reggie 12 said:
I have just moved interstate

Try moving further away. I suggest a place where they have no internet.

Yeah typical of the response i would expect, no response to the FACTS, piss poor fan base, a joke of a home ground, no major sponsor and the owners have to continue to pour money into the club, yeah guy's keep on bagging people who point out the facts. The truth is without private owners we are the north shore sharks and I believe we should be doing a hell of a lot better. I guess it is easier to amuse each other with half funny comments then look HONESTLY at the position of the club and then ask some hard questions,so yeah keep your heads in the sand and pretend everything is rosy because the truth is frightening to long term supporters like myself

Why don't you go and take a walk through downtown Fallujah Reggie you spastic! **** off somewhere else with your dribble!

Reggie 12 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Reggie 12 said:
I have just moved interstate

Try moving further away. I suggest a place where they have no internet.

Yeah typical of the response i would expect, no response to the FACTS, piss poor fan base, a joke of a home ground, no major sponsor and the owners have to continue to pour money into the club, yeah guy's keep on bagging people who point out the facts. The truth is without private owners we are the north shore sharks and I believe we should be doing a hell of a lot better. I guess it is easier to amuse each other with half funny comments then look HONESTLY at the position of the club and then ask some hard questions,so yeah keep your heads in the sand and pretend everything is rosy because the truth is frightening to long term supporters like myself

read back through posts from a few weeks ago. You would have been just another voice with the same opinion.

No-one would disagree with you that the current administration is doing a poor quality job, we should have a major sponsor who is not an owner and we should be struggling.

But at least we are winning football games, and it's good to have something to be positive about really

I wish everyone wouldn't gang up on a user just because their opinion differs. There was nothing outlandish about what was said by Reggie, and he simply stated his opinion to which extent a lot of it were the cold hard facts.

Back off. People's opinions differ. Play the post not the man!

The posts echo the man Dan. Reggie and mudeagle deserve the contempt that's heaped on them. To come on and just post the same old lame stuff about the ground etc is just not acceptable. They should take a month off and read past posts on these subjects. Put forward some ideas, not just rabbit on about how we're going to go down the tube. We are not the 'North Shore Sharks' and to suggest that is poor form. We are a very successful club and that should be acknowledged. We will keep all the players we want to. I guarantee it.

Yeah but lets be honest, we have all been guilty of more, and have seen worse on here. Give the guys a chance

DSM5 said:
The posts echo the man Dan. Reggie and mudeagle deserve the contempt that's heaped on them. To come on and just post the same old lame stuff about the ground etc is just not acceptable. They should take a month off and read past posts on these subjects. Put forward some ideas, not just rabbit on about how we're going to go down the tube. We are not the 'North Shore Sharks' and to suggest that is poor form. We are a very successful club and that should be acknowledged. We will keep all the players we want to. I guarantee it.

Hey DSM5, can I borrow some zinc? I'm getting burnt from the glow off your neck.

The posts echo the man...LoL dude....I think your posts are gay, and your comments are always inserted into other mens business.

Yep, your right on the money redneck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4