News: Battle looms for Foran’s signature

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quote from: clontaago on Today at 14:45:55
And thats life in Rugby League Duff. To suggest we chop him just because he may be considering other options is joke.

clontaago link said:
I wasnt suggesting you wanted to chop him, others have suggested that should be an option.

What on earth is it you are trying to say Clontaago ?

Des will be aware of Forans position. Im sure he is working all available angles to keep him. If Foran wants to keep himself available in the open market then he does what all players do and take the risk.

Im not at all too sure that the Pearce factor is as all important as its being made out to be. Being blooded last year & with the prospect of a permanent halves position in the best team in the comp, seems to me should weigh up as far more important in the kids current viewpoint.

We are still in the box seat as we are like governments of that day, with incubency still in our favour.

DSM5 link said:
And if Foran has stated that he's going to the Rorters next year then we need to look around for another 5/8th now. 

That's exactly what I'm saying guys, not that my opinion means much.

I guess demand dictates value, but with just half a season in the top squad I would think about 200k per season would be reasonable.
Would be interested to hear others opinions ?

Jatz, it's quite simple. Duff thought I was referring to him.

That was not the case, it was Ryan and some others who had said Foran should be chopped if he won't commit to manly now, and thats who I was referring to.

Is that clear enough for you?

If he goes to Rorters then use him as much as possible - look at JWH he injured before the season kicks off.

This is what happens to players that leave Manly - they go nowhere fast.. Only exception would be Phil Blake.

We still have Daly Cherry Evans - ot will not be the end of the world. 

We will be a strong position to negotiate with him anyway.

JT will be offered big $$ to come across if it doesnt work out with Foran.

Rambo1987 link said:
If he goes to Rorters then use him as much as possible - look at JWH he injured before the season kicks off.

This is what happens to players that leave Manly - they go nowhere fast.. Only exception would be Phil Blake.

We still have Daly Cherry Evans - ot will not be the end of the world. 
From what I've seen so far Foran is a complete step up in class to DCE, hope time proves me wrong but my gut tells me he isn't the solution to our halves situation.

[/quote]
From what I've seen so far Foran is a complete step up in class to DCE, hope time proves me wrong but my gut tells me he isn't the solution to our halves situation.
[/quote]

The best thing I've seen in them both is their combination together. They almost have that Johns brothers thing going on (and I mean on the field, before all the smart comments arrive).

Maybe the key to retaining Foran is to sign his brother Liam for 2011. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2