New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apprently Tuipolotu is a talent but not sure he’d have it either over Garrick or Funa.

Garrick had a poor season but still has ability clearly and if siro passes the ball he’ll get a lot more. He will also benefit from having a consistent 6 pairing with DCE of schuster and Foz.

Funa looked great at end of season for how inexperienced he was.

ATM the wing pecking order for me would honestly be:
1 Saab
2 Garrick
3 Funa
daylight
4 Parker - if Suli & Walker in the centres... surely based on merit he has to be somewhere in the 17 if 2 of the above 3 are injured
5 tuipolotu
daylight
6 Jorge
I think Tuipulotu will overtake the lot of them within no time.

Attachments

• BCA4E2AA-31FF-4002-8802-C462195EFE44.jpeg
    BCA4E2AA-31FF-4002-8802-C462195EFE44.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 35
I can honestly imagine it being a factorz. He was Keiths best mate... with what he’s been through surely you can imagine Dragons management being like ah ok mate sorry you can go.

Feel for the young guys after losing Keith. I think Jason and Schuster will be very motivated to do Keith proud.

Yeah it really adds to the tragedy of Keith's passing, as I'm sure coming to Manly to play alongside his best mate was a major factor in Saab wanting to come here.

Now he's here but his best mate's gone.

Yeah it really adds to the tragedy of Keith's passing, as I'm sure coming to Manly to play alongside his best mate was a major factor in Saab wanting to come here.

Now he's here but his best mate's gone.
That's very true. Although I get the feeling a few of the boys know each other pretty well from out Westfield way.

Probably just a further indication then that young Hoppa will not be retained if that was still in any doubt . Hope that he [ Saab ] has a reasonable ability in outside defensive reads , along with this apparent handy Roosters outside back signing . Then the promising Manly junior Koula soon having the opportunity to show his ability . The Roosters lad can play centre also i think [ and Funa a stand by full back ] i but along with Garrick doubt that Manly will have to be on the lookout for wing talent any time soon .

I'm happy with the Tuipolotu signing. I can't recall either Funa or Garrick ever being regarded as "a talent". Although I wanted him included and was happy to see Funa do ok, that's all he honestly did...ok, not great for me and I will be VERY surprised if he kicks on to higher things. To each their own buddy.

Overall I am very happy with the way our cap, plus meagre "extra moneys" are being handled but we will NEED 3 or 4 of of these signings to mirror guys like Gulavao etc for us to be successful.
Funa for mine should only be considered as a Centre option and fb cover for Turbo. He was ordinary on the wing.

Probably just a further indication then that young Hoppa will not be retained if that was still in any doubt . Hope that he [ Saab ] has a reasonable ability in outside defensive reads , along with this apparent handy Roosters outside back signing . Then the promising Manly junior Koula soon having the opportunity to show his ability . The Roosters lad can play centre also i think [ and Funa a stand by full back ] i but along with Garrick doubt that Manly will have to be on the lookout for wing talent any time soon .
Agreed. It went from a weakness to a strength overnight. Hoppa being a failure was a blessing, that 250k has been way better spent!

4 & 3 years ! Well, that confirms they are playing first grade, put it that way. Leaves Suli & Walker in the centres.

Apologies for being uncultured guys, but what is their ethnic background? Is Saab aboriginal? Not gonna lie, I love the athletic aboriginal athlete type.

4 & 3 years ! Well, that confirms they are playing first grade, put it that way. Leaves Suli & Walker in the centres.

Apologies for being uncultured guys, but what is their ethnic background? Is Saab aboriginal? Not gonna lie, I love the athletic aboriginal athlete type.
Wikipedia says 'Saab was born in Sydney, and is of Nigerian descent.'

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6