New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

St George Illawarra has finally granted Jason Saab a release.

After months of speculation about his future, the Dragons have released Saab from the final two years of his contract on compassionate grounds. It will allow the lanky winger to switch to Manly after the joint-venture outfit was provided a transfer fee as compensation.

The development comes just a day after another rising star, Joseph Suaalii, was released from the final year of his South Sydney contract to join the Roosters.
Saab is seeking a club closer to home to spend more time with his family after struggling with the commute to Wollongong. The Red V had all but agreed to a release under previous coach Paul McGregor, but replacement Anthony Griffin was less keen to lose one of the NRL's most exciting outside backs.

Saab was a no-show when the Dragons returned to training last week, requiring time off to deal with personal issues. After the Dragons ruled out several proposed player swaps, the parties finally settled on a compensation fee that will allow Saab to link with Des Hasler at the Sea Eagles.

While Saab will join Manly, the Sea Eagles could lose Curtis Sironen as part of a player swap with Wests Tigers forward Luke Garner. Another Tiger, Josh Aloai, is also agitating for a release to join Manly. That is likely to be forthcoming, with the Tigers closing in on the signature of Brisbane forward Joe Ofahengaue.

One down! Surely we wont swap Sironen! Aloiai coming - hopefully the Roosters winger as well - keep Sironen - get Garner - great off season!
While on the surface it would seem strange to swap siro (a player we’ve grown acustom to as our starting second-rower, although has really struggled with injury and lost some impact/versatility in 2020) it would allow us to finally see Olakautau get closer to the 12 jersey, bring in a local junior and help continue to change up our side (and continue with or trend toward youth and to a degree mobility)

While on the surface it would seem strange to swap siro (a player we’ve grown acustom to as our starting second-rower, although has really struggled with injury and lost some impact/versatility in 2020) it would allow us to finally see Olakautau get closer to the 12 jersey, bring in a local junior and help continue to change up our side (and continue with or trend toward youth and to a degree mobility)
I agree Guacamole I think will be a fabulous player - I just like the idea of Sirro being around for another 12 months.

Waiting for the call when Saab passes back inside to Turbo who dives over....
1606377788165.png

Excellent news. Siro is a great player we just needs to pass to Suli
I'd like to see a move to 13 and play in the middle
Garner is next , then we are pretty much complete as far as we can go sans Fainu.
I'd be happy with that. Garner is the huge get IMO. Aloiai is ok. But If club manage to keep Siro, bring in Garner i think we have all the tools needed. DES just has to change how they are used.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6