New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon some of them must have shut him down via email prior to kick off. I agree he was an obvious target but until about round 15 he wasnt sighted until the 20 minute mark.

My favorite excuse of the year though was DCE couldnt expect to play well because levi was a crap addition to the spine but levi never copped the same latitude when DCE played crap in the spine

And when walker played well at 6 dce had a rest. Its a long off season . Go back and watch the early rounds

Dce was crazy busy for the last 6 or so weeks. Prior to that he was playing in a dinner suite turning the ball inside , turning the ball inside, taking the line on never

Sorry if this sounds like im disagreeing. I wasnt at all. Just adding. your points are kick arse vaild
Oh look the saab thread has become the bash DCE thread. So predictable.

Agree. Might just bounce them into the dce thread if I see them.
Also not sure why people feel the need to post the exact same thing multiple times as if they are the first to say it.
Also not sure why people feel the need to post the exact same thing multiple times as if they are the first to say it.

That’s the first I’ve heard of that. Why am I always out of the loop...

I answered a few posts about dce ( not starting them ) on a saab thread. But because it went against the tide its an issue. The original comments were ok it seems
If you cant talk about the previous post then whats the point

Why do people keep saying dce is the best when clearly he isn't
This is an original thought , that gets posted deluxe. Nothing to see here. Maybe im part of lifes balance

I make my choices like everybody else. . But when i disagree with a comment i always try to add footy relevent issues to my point. To do anything other would be in my view an unreasonable . I now see this is an issue

I understand my view upsets people and as for it derailing conversations and using the off topic excuse, wow that really lacks intodgrity. Like what topic ever stays on track . Faaaaark me . But this is the level of protectiveness displayed when backing the man not afforded the opposite view it seems

But i will tow the line, because saab will benefit from playing in a backline that has a superior kicking game.

Is that cool ?

I answered a few posts about dce ( not starting them ) on a saab thread. But because it went against the tide its an issue. The original comments were ok it seems
If you cant talk about the previous post then whats the point

This is an original thought , that gets posted deluxe. Nothing to see here. Maybe im part of lifes balance

I make my choices like everybody else. . But when i disagree with a comment i always try to add footy relevent issues to my point. To do anything other would be in my view an unreasonable . I now see this is an issue

I understand my view upsets people and as for it derailing conversations and using the off topic excuse, wow that really lacks intodgrity. Like what topic ever stays on track . Faaaaark me . But this is the level of protectiveness displayed when backing the man not afforded the opposite view it seems

But i will tow the line, because saab will benefit from playing in a backline that has a superior kicking game.

Is that cool ?

I'm glad you responded because it shows you missed the point of what I posted, and I wouldn't like you to feel you have to be quiet about anything.

I never, ever, have posted anything like the inference that I will only allow pro dce posts.

The issue seems to be that so many threads now end up on the same "Is dce good or bad" discussion. DCE has his very own thread where people can respectfully go around and around with their "opinions" all day long for all I care.

Many topics go "off topic", but no one seems to mind too much (unless it is the signings thread).

I think some are getting over the frequent occurrence of "Saab? - dce is good/bad" "Des? - dce is good/bad", "Favourite ice cream flavour? -dce is good/bad. etc.

My post also didn't call out any poster nor did I show any preference to be either pro or anti dce.

I would appreciate my "intodgrity" not being called into question again (or the hinting of such).

What did you say ....

1602028666547.png

If the centres in your roster are not dominant, aggressive, and clever, then up and in will fail every time
Stating the obvious and you would expect most centres in top 8 squads to have some of the above attributes.

Clever centres with class are harder to find but even the Storm have taken players like Chase Blair and made them a handy acquisition in both defence and attack.

Up and in fails well before it reaches the centres from not controlling the ruck to ruck defenders not pushing out hard to enable good spacing and numbering out wide.

Clever aggressive centres do make better choices when an attack is about to unfold and the defensive numbers are looking stretched, they snuff out the play before it is too late and allow the defensive line to regroup.

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
Stating the obvious and you would expect most centres in top 8 squads to have some of the above attributes.

Clever centres with class are harder to find but even the Storm have taken players like Chase Blair and made them a handy acquisition in both defence and attack.

Up and in fails well before it reaches the centres from not controlling the ruck to ruck defenders not pushing out hard to enable good spacing and numbering out wide.

Clever aggressive centres do make better choices when an attack is about to unfold and the defensive numbers are looking stretched, they snuff out the play before it is too late and allow the defensive line to regroup.
It’s why I hope Walker remains in Manly colours, stay healthy & plays in his rightful Centre position!!!

You can't employ a slide defence as a structure "if up and in doesn't snuff out the play" - by then it's too late and you've been beat. It's common sense that the team scrambles to cover, especially the fullback.

The red zone is entirely different, but having a readily trained slide defence is crucial. And no, too many metres are not lost if line speed is what it should be
I said that slide defence occurs anyway as a result of not snuffing out plays or when you are stretched for numbers and backing off to allow more time to hold off the draw and play moment a little longer.

I never said the two combine as two separate structures, just that you tend to slide anyway as a result of what you said "a scrambling" moment in the modern game---a slide occurs anyway when it needs to occur not the basis of a defensive structure.

The slide "structure" is not overly technical and saying it is a "Structure" is placing that style of defence way too high on a pedestal.

My comment about giving away too many metres is in reference to a general set of six, most slide defences back off way too early allowing go forward metres to be had far too easily.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4