New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Listed as 186cm and 106kgs,don't think he needs to add any more.....
I think he is taller than 186cm - in photos that I have seen when he was 16, he was the same height as Latrell Mitchel and was taller than Boyd Cordner who is 188cm.
1606462567665.png

I think he is taller than 186cm - in photos that I have seen when he was 16, he was the same height as Latrell Mitchel and was taller than Boyd Cordner who is 188cm.
View attachment 16061
Yeah,I would have said 192cm....when you look at him vs the Storm and he was marking Vunivalu they are pretty much the same height wise and I think Vunivalu is 192cm.But l hope we don't want him to be as big as Suli.....
I just hope people don't expect too much,he is a centre by trade playing on the wing,he has some pace but he is not Addo-Carr.He is a talent though and has a good upside.

Last edited:
Very interesting signing. Saab has been on our radar for ages but this bloke must have been getting vetted by the club for just as long, but just not played out in public the way Saab's recruitment was.
Signing a 20 year-old to a 4 year deal is something that doesn't happen every day.
Wonder if he could turn out to be a Dale Shearer type?

Watched the Workers game again and Tuipulotu went good at left centre in an ordinary team.

With his contract being four years it would be of value giving him a few games at left centre to see how he goes.

It would clarify the decision process on who to keep out of the blokes coming off contract that play in the centre’s.

With his contract being four years it would be of value giving him a few games at left centre to see how he goes.
With such a long deal he's obviously in our plans, but I doubt Des ever picks a player in first grade just "to see how he goes".
He'll get a run for sure at some point, either when he's earned it or when we've run out of troops!

Still of this opinion?

Saab has had a good couple of weeks, but all he has really done is finish off plays started by others and catch a Bomb over a much smaller man. Both great winger plays, but there is much more to wing play these days than just that. I’d like to see him do some more tough carries and I still fret with his handling and he doesn’t seem to be much of a defender. But as I said, he is doing some things really well.

Tipoluto will get his chance soon enough and has the makings to be a great player, Time will tell who comes out on top.

Thanks for digging up this old post and attempting to stick it to me though, plenty of that going on around here at the moment, yes we are playing much better but it doesn’t mean the opinions from the first four weeks are invalid, I’m just glad the team and des were able to right the ship

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2