New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very much in the Jesse Ramien mould. Tough, hard, non forgiving. If he got an element of aggression and anger (controlled) he could be anything.

Absolutely impressive "proper debut". Made the tough yardage, was just totally up for it. He looks first-grade ready. Probably our best in the back 5 tonight. Keep him in the side PLEASE DES!

Happy for him to get a run, some really runs with the ball.. Like to see him get a go in his preferred spot at left centre.

Agree Saab has been off and not much improvement in his all round game so far this season.
I think he is inching his way back. Sure, one bad mistake, but it didn’t matter in the end. With Harper improving over the last two games, Saab should follow.

When Christian took the ball up on that second half counter-raid, he reminded me of Jorge, perhaps a faster version.

Very much in the Jesse Ramien mould. Tough, hard, non forgiving. If he got an element of aggression and anger (controlled) he could be anything.
Ramien is a power runner but you never see all that much of him.
Tui on the other hand seems like an all-action type. Goes out of his way to get in the game, that is an attitude thing and should take him a long way.
Is he a supersize version of Brian To'o?

I think he is inching his way back. Sure, one bad mistake, but it didn’t matter in the end. With Harper improving over the last two games, Saab should follow.

When Christian took the ball up on that second half counter-raid, he reminded me of Jorge, perhaps a faster version.
He reminded me too of a taller, faster Jorge (had better hands too!)

Hopefully Jorge T passes the baton that Mattai passed onto him.... Crunching defence!

Many of the Polynesian boys mention Jorge as a good role model and guide in NSW Cup interviews.

Well done Tui!

Saab has been awful this season has a soft underbelly. Tippy toes looks the goods
Saab will come good. Des will let him rebuild some confidence in 1st grade by sticking with him the same way he stuck by Harper.
I still look forward to seeing more of Koula and Tui, but form probably won't play a big role as long as Des is in charge. Injuries and covid protocol will give them another chance

I’d pick him instead of Saab… made some great metres out of our end

WOW ... I've been getting hate mail for 12 months from the 3 numbnut stooge brothers for saying something similar ..

You're got a pair ... best wishes

• 😆
Reactions: R3
Loved the way he just kept carting it up with enthusiasm right up to the last minute. Looked like a bloke who was saying I'm gonna take my chance in first grade now and you can't drop me and my time on the fringes of first grade are done. Seriously impressed with his engine and just will to compete. It's been much needed in our carry backs after kicks.

I was at the game last night and watched him under the high ball in the warmup and he spilled his last 2 practice kicks shockingly and barely laid a finger on them. I turned to the bloke next to me and said the Knights are going to kick to Tuipulotu all night and had a feeling of dread.

Turns out The Knights didn't obviously watch the warmup and kicked to Saab and Garrick all night.....and he had a stormer.

His carries last night were awesome, just what we have been missing. Saab is quick, but cannot run the ball like Tippy Toes. What do we value more, thinking Tippy should get the nod atm

I was at the game last night and watched him under the high ball in the warmup and he spilled his last 2 practice kicks shockingly and barely laid a finger on them. I turned to the bloke next to me and said the Knights are going to kick to Tuipulotu all night and had a feeling of dread.

Turns out The Knights didn't obviously watch the warmup and kicked to Saab and Garrick all night.....and he had a stormer.
Interesting insight… this may be why he’s down the pecking order.

His carries last night were awesome, just what we have been missing. Saab is quick, but cannot run the ball like Tippy Toes. What do we value more, thinking Tippy should get the nod atm
Was very impressed with Tui last night. Saab is lightening as we all know but right now Tui is prob more useful to us on the wing as he can get those sets off to a better start. Saab struggles defensively and has clearly become a kicking target for opposition and just gets lifted and dragged back. After last night I think that’s the team Des will go with next week. Only changes will be through injury.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10