New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And great try saving tackle that "should have Won the game".....played that solid wingers game we have been lacking, by taking those ugly hit ups and winning us momentum....very strong performance by a rookie who will only improve - big future

Yep he is all over Saab in that department. He holds that wing spot for mine, happy to trade a bit of rarely utilised pace for some roll your sleeves up effort and solid defence.
Possibly not a case of Saab v Tui any more.
Depending how long Turbo is out, and Parker, Tui is a lock in the side along with Garrick and Koula. But that is only 3 of a back 5. If Parker comes back may end up being Saab v Harper?

Depending how long Turbo is out, and Parker, Tui is a lock in the side along with Garrick and Koula. But that is only 3 of a back 5. If Parker comes back may end up being Saab v Harper?
It is great to have competition as it brings the best out of our players
May the best performing players win their spots and keep our team winning as well

I hope Tuipulotu has an opportunity to play in the centres in the coming weeks - would love to see what he can do there. I think he & Saab (two tall timbers) could be a good combination.

The way I look at it at full strength - we have 4 centres Parker Harper Koula Burbo and 3 wingers Garrick Saab and Tuipulotu. Of course any of your centres can cover wing (except Burbo) but not the other way around. But I don't know that Harper and Saab will compete for a wing spot, Saab would win that contest.

Yes while Turbo is out then we are down to 2 wingers if Garrick goes to 1. So we will find out this week what Des is thinking presuming Saab is still out. So no Turbo, Saab and Parker this week means someone else has to get a run. Who will that be ? Options are Weekes and Horhay. Will Burbo be fit ??

1. Garrick / Weekes
2. Tuipulotu
3. Koula
4. Harper / Burbo
5. Garrick / Weekes / Horhay (Harper if Burbo fit )

I did read Weekes spent a lot of preseason training as cover for Tommy at 1 - moreso than Koula. But it would be a massive ask to throw a kid in to debut at fullback against Melbourne in Melbourne. So I'd be tempted to go with Garrick at 1, Harper at 4 or 5 depending on whether Burbo is fit. If Burbo is out then I'd love to see Horhay get another crack, but long term it makes sense to blood Weekes

Yep I'd like to see Jorge too.
I doubt any injured backs returning this week in which case Garrick to FB and Jorge onto the left wing, at least gives that side some tackling nouse which would help Harper more than putting a tyro out there.
Jorge and Harper together on an edge though is wide open for a bomb or kick behind. Storm have Coates on that side I think.
I suppose we probably won't win so may as well just bash 'em.

Yep I'd like to see Jorge too.
I doubt any injured backs returning this week in which case Garrick to FB and Jorge onto the left wing, at least gives that side some tackling nouse which would help Harper more than putting a tyro out there.
Jorge and Harper together on an edge though is wide open for a bomb or kick behind. Storm have Coates on that side I think.
I suppose we probably won't win so may as well just bash 'em.
"I suppose we probably won't win so may as well just bash 'em."

I am a keen fan of this option

I believe Tippytoes regards himself as a centre more than a winger. Moving him to centre is a simple fix, then bring up Vega from reserves to the wing who is a younger, faster version of Jorge.
Is Vega still in our system I haven't seen his name anywhere

Is Vega still in our system I haven't seen his name anywhere
Yes, he scored a try last night in the NSW Cup v Eels

Yes, he scored a try last night in the NSW Cup v Eels

He would be my pick to come in against the Storm just from the small time I have seen him play , robust sort of player

With Tom out for the season what do we do? Garrick to FB with Ray Vaega onto Wing? Weekes to FB & leave wingers as they are? Move Tui to Center which is his preference & Vaega to wing? Move Koula to FB? Harper has to go! With Trbo, Brbo, Parker out I think we might have a young back 5 next week!!!
Weekes
Vaega
Koula
Tui
Garrick
I dunno…..I think Tui could go well against Olam! In a way I’m excited if these young guys get a go.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4