New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
They aren’t great at communicating much to their members , although I understand it would be pretty fluid at present.

Surely they wouldn’t let Green go without a decent replacement?

Not sure any of those signings could replace him ......yet!

I was told many years ago by Bob Reilly himself on a phone call (during a period when we were changing CEO's), that the club was waiting until the new CEO was formally in to announce some signings as a goodwill gesture.

While that was probably ok 10-15 years ago, it's a prehistoric & old fashioned strategy now. Lyall Gorman announcing signings upon his entrance means nothing to me really, as I'm sure what has come to pass, has already come to pass (before he became involved).

The Indian

Bencher
I can't possibly see us releasing Green without having a very decent replacement come in - or at the very least a top line player in another position. It makes no sense for us to release Green otherwise. And with Hastings as well. Surely not.

Makes me think all this musical chairs action is really happen BUT somebody must be coming in.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't possibly see us releasing Green without having a very decent replacement come in - or at the very least a top line player in another position. It makes no sense for us to release Green otherwise. And with Hastings as well. Surely not.

Makes me think all this musical chairs action is really happen BUT somebody must be coming in.

As I’ve said before , the Fat Lady isn’t singing.......yet!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
If Green has gone to The Warriors, unfortunately there is no better option. Wright? Can't be Croker - that guy is ordinary. Metcalf could be an option.
If Hastings is going also, then yes, not many options left. Metcalf is probably a year or two away.

If we let Green go then I can only assume we are getting Pearce, Maloney or Moylan (the last two seem unlikely). Unless Hastings and Baz are all good and he gets his shot along side Cherry.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think as much of this speculation would have existed had it not been for Zorba's "next week" comment.

And EXACTLY the reason I’ve been banging on about it ever since.

Seriously why say anything , especially when you are such an insider.

Different when it comes from “ the Lurker” or “ the Mole” you know to take it with a grain of salt BUT when it comes from no less that a board member you’d expect something to happen.

Sorry but the players from Souths and the Raiders are not Marquee, more like Blacktownee, so they don’t count!!

Stupid statement!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Yep he played quite a bit of 1st grade at 6 too, a bit like Cartwright. Sirro is developing into a great 2nd rower so I don’t know which way to jump on this one.
I think they would want to continue building his capabilities as a second rower and not weaken two positions by playing him in the halves.

If Green does leave I am expecting a big name replacement, otherwise Hastings stays and gets his shot or they believe Metcalf can step up.

Kevinward777

First Grader
As if they’re going to just let Green walk without a better replacement. They aren’t a bloody charity. Would Barrett really weaken the team, and significantly mind you, because both he and Penn think Blake earning a bigger contract is more important than winning a premiership and the team continuity.
Penn: Hey Trent NZ have made a big offer for Blake. We really should look at letting him go.
Trent: Do we have a better option to replace him.
Penn: No we don’t, but I just couldn’t live with myself if we were the cause of him missing a big pay day.
Trent: you’re right Scott, let him go. Hopefully something else will come up.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
And EXACTLY the reason I’ve been banging on about it ever since.

Seriously why say anything , especially when you are such an insider.

Different when it comes from “ the Lurker” or “ the Mole” you know to take it with a grain of salt BUT when it comes from no less that a board member you’d expect something to happen.

Sorry but the players from Souths and the Raiders are not Marquee, more like Blacktownee, so they don’t count!!

Stupid statement!
To be fair though Mark, Gosiewski IS a pretty big name...

Damien2812

Bencher
I think we will get Pearce but what about strenghing the forwards stock with BJ now moved on? Also the Thompson signing would have been ideal because that's another area Manly is weak going into 2018..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13