New rules

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad thing is.. Fainu would carve up with these rules.
gday Kaza hope your well mate.

i don’t ever wanna see Fainu carve up again. that’s what got him in trouble in the first place :p

Yeah he’s good at carving up hahahaha......just kidding. The new rules would suit him to a tee!!
Yes mate Fainu scheming at the ruck would have defences on a knifes edge. Jibes aside he would suit these rules well. Off topic here but I actually wonder how good he will be when/if he comes back. He’s been out a long time now.

Yes mate Fainu scheming at the ruck would have defences on a knifes edge. Jibes aside he would suit these rules well. Off topic here but I actually wonder how good he will be when/if he comes back. He’s been out a long time now.
Did you mean jabs aside lololol....if he gets cleared of his alleged crime & with a clear headspace I think he’ll be back with a point to prove! He could be anything to be honest. I’d rather find out sooner rather than later though.

That's the problem. He wouldn't have played in 2 years and the game has changed a lot. I probably see him as the #14 on his return, at least early on

If they want more game time. Keep the old rules and make 45 minute halves. Should add more revenue if you extend the product also

New rules suck big time. Any rule that rewards dummy half running is not entertainment regardless of points scored

They want more game time but a game that has 12 tries on average as opposed to 9 just sucks time out of the game.

The stupid thing is when we taught little kids to play football we make the dummy half pass the ball and not run now the rules encourage it. We went from one extreme to the other from the wrestle to tacklers not having time to get tot heir feet and mark up in fear of a six again call and the dummy half having a freeway. Referees have a bigger impact than ever on the game whereas footy was better when they didn't get involved much. Give a side possession with multiple six again calls and the other side will be gassed and the contest is over. Gees the NRL are fools. What happened to doing the research and conversing with players and coaches and testing things out. PV played real rugba league in Wollongong not this nonsense. Give us our game back you bandits!

The stupid thing is when we taught little kids to play football we make the dummy half pass the ball and not run now the rules encourage it. We went from one extreme to the other from the wrestle to tacklers not having time to get tot heir feet and mark up in fear of a six again call and the dummy half having a freeway. Referees have a bigger impact than ever on the game whereas footy was better when they didn't get involved much. Give a side possession with multiple six again calls and the other side will be gassed and the contest is over. Gees the NRL are fools. What happened to doing the research and conversing with players and coaches and testing things out. PV played real rugba league in Wollongong not this nonsense. Give us our game back you bandits!

Ive said this many times.nthe NRl has no long term plan on what itbwants its product to be. So producing footy players and body shapes in not on there radar.

If your a 16 yo prop hoping to be a pro what is the plan. Bulk up, trim down, wrestle coach, what do you base your game on.
So short sighted due to tv as they just have this churn em put, chuck em out culture where if the league wants to grow its product, it needs to know its product, know its fans and grow its players long term.

The culture in head office about the game it plays is way to reactve to people who dont share its long term vision.

They have no idea. Turn off the parents , get no new kids. They understood that with violence and concussion but then turn it off when it comes to a quality contest with defence as opposed to this superleague dummy half crap that was rejected years ago

I'm really looking forward to watching a lot of the local A League up here on the Central Coast.....real footy, played by real footy players.

Thought that last season 's rule changes were sufficient and largely warranted but would be a bit sceptical with any more alterations . Not really inclined to think that Manly is not capable or should be not accepting of the previous changes and be some sort of an exception . All of the other sides have surely made an effort and tried to adapt and again can not see why Manly should be any different. They train virtually every day , should really be at the fitness and ability level and to be coached adequately to make any necessary transition . Probably will have to look at the interchange arrangement or an increased interchange bench for teams if the game does get any more up tempo . Fair enough some rulings are a bit discretionary but if Manly players or the majority of Manly players fight as hard as some other sides getting off the ground in tackles and clearing the tackled player , might be doing themselves all a favour then .

Reckon there is a great opportunity for an entrepreneur to start up a Rugby League competition.

It would be sp much more entertaining than the 'entertainment' they are dishing up.
Descent could come from within. I am surprised the players haven't come together in opposition to it. I don't think they realise the power they can have as a primary stakeholder in the game.

Player feedback should ring alarms for NRL about new rules​

Phil Lutton

Phil Lutton

Sports reporter
March 1, 2021 — 3.30pm

Players reporting they could barely breathe during a trial that had the intensity of a finals match shouldn’t be seen by NRL powerbrokers as vindication for their vision for the game. To clarify, this was due to new rule changes, not sides having failed to train the house down in what was no doubt their best pre-season ever.
On the face of things, the NRL has already achieved some of its aims to make the game even quicker than it was last season, when the six-again rule for ruck infringements turbo-charged game play. Not content with what it had seen in a compressed season, the option has now been introduced for violations of the 10m offside line at the play-the-ball.
scrums have been dispensed with for when a the ball is carried or kicked into touch as well, with teams now using a play-the-ball restart. That has already caused concern that it disadvantages the attacking team in certain scenarios, which it does, and must surely be tweaked to give the side with the ball the either/or option once the season begins.
The result in the Panthers-Eels trial, one of a full set across the weekend, meant the ball was in play for 32 minutes in the first half, up almost five minutes from the average half of football during last year’s NRL season. But at what price? The game now covets fatigue as a telling factor, which it should to a degree, but the feedback from players must be of concern, not only to the quality of football we will see in 2021 but their safety and durability.

One Eels player told the Herald: “F--- these new rules. I couldn’t breathe.”
Fatigue cuts both ways; not only were defensive players left searching for their lungs, attacking players lost the zip in their legs to surge through gaps. The code is dancing the finest of lines between craving speed and careening over the edge.
There were other issues that crept up in the trials. In one of the matches, one team was rewarded with a flurry of six-again restarts as they attacked the rival line, only for the ball to go to ground on the very first run of the third or fourth reset of the count.
The result? A handover to the defensive side, which you could argue earned the ball through stubborn defence. Yet at what point does an attacking side get rewarded with the chance to accumulate points through what would have been a penalty right in front of the posts? As unfashionable as penalty goals are, the aim of the game is still to finish the match with more points than the other side, not more sets of six.

Referees have the discretion to blow their whistle but it’s clear they are under pressure to make sure the game speeds along at a breakneck pace. Perhaps there is a middle ground, where after a run of six-again resets the attacking captain is given the option for a penalty, not another play-the-ball.
Given the maddening speed now involved in the game, you’d think that would often come as welcome relief, to not only tick over the scoreboard but enjoy a mental and physical refresh. Lord knows, after watching almost all of the trials on the weekend, viewers might crave the same thing.
If penalties are largely off the table, expect the best defensive sides to happily infringe time and again on their line, in full confidence they can withstand the attack of the lesser sides and likely force an error. Coaching staff will be madly calculating ruck times and risk/reward strategies to find the best way to squeeze every advantage from the changes.
Broadcasters and advertisers may want the ball in play as long as possible but when you have players saying a trial game felt as fast as a final, that could lead to injury carnage, physical and mental burn-out and a result that is precisely the opposite to the intended purpose.
Surely viewers and fans can live with a few more breaks in play if the stars stay on the field longer and perform at their prime, not spend the match searching for the next available ventilator.
Quote from this report

*Players reporting they could barely breathe during a trial that had the intensity of a finals match *

Players ??? How many Players reported this ? Obviously not ALL players

One Eels player told the Herald: “F--- these new rules. I couldn’t breathe.”

Now we are getting down to just One Player from a team complaining about the new rules and extra pace of the game

The moral of the story
Lose excess weight and gain extra fitness and you will be able to breath new life into the extra pace of the game

I like the new rules
It produces greater athletes
more discipline players and faster flowing play
and overall a better game to watch

NRL today announced new rule for 2023.

If a drop out (from goal line or 20m restart) or kick off goes out on the full, or fails to go 10m, it is no longer a penalty. Play re-starts with a play the ball somewhere that Pythagoras needs to explain.

I reckon its all just a smother to get rid of teams deliberately kicking drop outs into touch to give away the 2 points.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4