New rules

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Call me old fashioned but I hate the new rules and how it’s turned the game into touch footy. Felt this way frm when V man introduced them last year. Do they still have scrums? I thought a ball got kicked out yesterday and they just tapped it. No benefit for good defense.

I think at FULL strength (yes including a 9 and 1 missing), Manly have the artillery to keep up with the best.
The game is that fast in the middle and noticed Manly seem to be last off the ground in attack and defence, which is where the problems start...it is frustrating to watch when Manly are off the pace , as to regain momentum in this modern game is even tougher....the juice is soaked up after defending 3-4 repeat sets and then there's little energy to attack, leading to drops and clunky shifts that end up sideways....hoping Manly step up the tempo in the middle, that will make or break us in 2021...
A team llike Souths with your Cook out of dummy half and quicks in the middle like Murray, with Walker and Mitchell feeding off the back will be another level in 2021....

I think at FULL strength (yes including a 9 and 1 missing), Manly have the artillery to keep up with the best.
The game is that fast in the middle and noticed Manly seem to be last off the ground in attack and defence, which is where the problems start...it is frustrating to watch when Manly are off the pace , as to regain momentum in this modern game is even tougher....the juice is soaked up after defending 3-4 repeat sets and then there's little energy to attack, leading to drops and clunky shifts that end up sideways....hoping Manly step up the tempo in the middle, that will make or break us in 2021...
A team llike Souths with your Cook out of dummy half and quicks in the middle like Murray, with Walker and Mitchell feeding off the back will be another level in 2021....

Which is why they are premiership favourites!!’

I can’t work out whether my dislike of the new rules is genuine or really just due to the fact that manly seem pretty crap under them...

Seriously though, I wasn’t one of the fans wanting the game to speed up. I just wanted the rules enforced consistently across all teams. I know others thought it was crap when they had that penalty blitz a few years ago, but I didn’t mind it. The Storm struggled, as it Souths and the Roosters and it was because the rules were enforced. The Storm in particular didn’t know what to do.

So I would have preferred they just enforce the old rules rather than introduce new ones which take the game further away from the game I fell in love with as a youngster.

The new rules have worked against Manly and with no Fainu for half the season we could fall apart big time from game 1. My personal opinion on the rule changes haven't changed from last season which is the game has turned into touch footy/under 20's like with teams that can score but can't defend especially when one team gets a roll on its hard to get the ball back.
I always liked defensive games over point athon games but all in all its getting hard to watch and if Manly wasn't in the comp I wouldn't watch the game anymore.

Last edited:
We can’t blame the new rules entirely. Every coach was in the same position with their introduction. The teams that are succeeding under the new rules adapted. We did nothing likr adapt last year and it looks like we haven’t done anything about it on the off season. It’s the coach’s job to get tgis right, but our structures/tactics and conditioning don’t seem to have been revamped.

Be nice if des did something about it actually, coz he ain’t dumb, but he is stubborn.

The new rules are laughable and a complete joke

rugby league is dead, it’s now pretty much touch footy and the all mighty refs hold the power. It’s so open to cheating and corruption it’s not funny.

Manly haven’t adapted at all and won’t
I agree the new rules are laughable. Should get rid of them but stick to one ref. No accountability at all the ref can give a repeat set at his discretion and no one can question it because it happens so fast

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2