New Rules 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Jake is gonna need a rest in games this year. Bring in Schuster. Jake can't play 80 and make 50 tackles with the speed of the game, he will be ineffective

Is it only me,or is anyone else slightly concerned that the only 2 coaches on the committee were Bellamy and Stuart?Game is fast enough,risk of more injuries to players may become a bigger issue.
Like the 2 point field goal and the attempt to stop trainers holding up the play,the rest are meh....

2-POINTS FIELD GOAL.

Ridiculous. You can't have points in a game that are judged based upon where an event took place on the field. It will end in tears.

Is the 40m measured from the kicker's left foot (if a right foot kicker)? Their left foot can be inside 40m while the ball is kicked from outside 40m. Does the player have to have their body entirely behind the 40m line? Or is the 40m measured from the spot the ball is kicked from?

We all know how this ends. In last minute of the 2021 grand final Roosters are behind Manly by 1 point. A Rooster kicks a field goal which the referee says was from 40m out and immediately blows fulltime. On replay the player's left foot was inside the 40m line and the ball outside the 40m line. Who really won? The NRL says oops and gets rid of the 2-points field goal. Roosters keep their grand final rings.

None of the changes are necessary, so why bother?

There only two rule changes I want:
  1. It should not to be a penalty on half-way when a kick-off goes out on the full. It is the most disproportionate penalty to actual infringement in the game. Make it a 7 tackle set from the 20m or the point at which the ball goes out on the full if before the 20m line.
  2. The 7 tackle 20m restart for attacking kicks that go dead is stupid.
The NRL fixing these rules is all I want for Christmas.

Remember that Manly kickoff at Shark Park from Matai one night. The ball landed on the cross bar and then went out over the dead ball on the full. Penalty Sharks at halfway.

LOL. As if any NRL player can kick a 40m field goal. They can't kick them from in front 25m out in most of the golden point shoot outs I've seen over the years. I don't get what they are trying to encourage with this rule ??

Most of the other rules are basically designed to get rid of the scrum as a method of restart. It's an obsolete part of the game nowadays and the NRL are slowly realising what an embarrassment they have become.

As for breaking early from a scrum - hasn't that always been a rule ? just one they have chose to ignore, along with many others over the years.

In principle I like the "get player off field" rule if trainer stops play. Remains to be seen how they will still manage to exploit it to slow down attacking opportunities for opposition.

LOL. As if any NRL player can kick a 40m field goal. They can't kick them from in front 25m out in most of the golden point shoot outs I've seen over the years. I don't get what they are trying to encourage with this rule ??
Slightly off topic but I have never understood how AFL players miss free kicks. No one impeding. Not running. Posts are the same at every ground since they were pups. How on earth do they miss?

Not necessarily ... players will still fake injuries between the posts or at the ruck when under pressure ... which force the ref to call a holt in play ...
yep an age old tactic back in the day. Can remember on many occasions collapsing at a scrum or a play the ball as if I as unconscious when I was feeling tired to get the game stopped or if we were in trouble lol.

I don't get what they are trying to encourage with this rule ??
My take is that it’s because the refs put the whistle away near the end of close games.

If you’re 2 points behind, the leading team gets away with blue murder and could keep field position by being offside and laying all over you etc.

Now you can take a pot shot from halfway and even the scores.

Most of the other rules are basically designed to get rid of the scrum as a method of restart. It's an obsolete part of the game nowadays and the NRL are slowly realising what an embarrassment they have become.

As for breaking early from a scrum - hasn't that always been a rule ? just one they have chose to ignore, along with many others over the years.

In principle I like the "get player off field" rule if trainer stops play. Remains to be seen how they will still manage to exploit it to slow down attacking opportunities for opposition.
Hardly anyone can do that. It should be worth 5 points. To make it a worthwhile rule change.
Kickers with big feet will enjoy huge contract offers.
Meanwhile, don't worry about rule changes. NRL will always require a ball, and carrying the ball, and tackling. (Although naturally, definitions will change over time. )

The storm didn't touch the ball with feet when playing the ball at all in 2020. I wonder if it will ever be enforced. Would be an interesting captain's challenge - "hey ref he didn't play the ball properly in the lead up to the try"
That rule has got disaster and dodgy discretionary calls written all over it.

Hardly anyone can do that. It should be worth 5 points. To make it a worthwhile rule change.
Kickers with big feet will enjoy huge contract offers.
Meanwhile, don't worry about rule changes. NRL will always require a ball, and carrying the ball, and tackling. (Although naturally, definitions will change over time. )

Every year they change the bloody rules. They change them at the start of the season, they change them during the season. Sometimes it looks like they've changed them at half time....NRL will always be played with a ball, next year it will probably be cube shaped so we can do away with the kicking tee.

More bs to add to the game that looks and feels like touch footy. Great! I say put Gus in charge so he can make NRL great again!

Sack the bunker
Sack the set restart BS
Keep 1 ref.
Get technology for forward passes only ie gps in the footballs or overhead cameras i dont care. Something!
No BS 2 point field goal. **** is that about... make it great again bring in Gus Gould
The uncalled forward passes are the biggest blight on the game atm. And until Wayne Pearce stops changing the rules so every player will eventually look like a Kenyan long distance runner, I can see more leaving the once great game.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8