• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kenty said ...

"It looks like a box-ticking exercise. Bland, politically correct gestures from an NRL losing touch with the great majority of the game’s fans as it continues its blind path towards irrelevance.

"If there was a minority that was missed the NRL will be deeply depressed.

Meanwhile, forget about those who have volunteered a lifetime to the game, a great majority who once believed they were actually part of what was good in the game."

All Hail Kenty ... All hail Kenty

The song is great , even the kid singing it is a nice touch, but the political messages are absolute bull**** AND let’s face it if you are going all gung-ho PC it had to have that little **** Greta in it!!

Wow I'm surprised at the negativity

I thought it was grand, good to have simply the best back, like the nod to some landmark moments.

No complaints from me..............but then again its a commercial about rugby league so hardly going to get riled up

It is absolute tripe.

Smacks of desperation and a need to 'prove' that they have done some good stuff.

It is well shot, and a great song.... but the narrative is weak, and it misses the value of actual rugby league.

I am not surprised tbh.... but i don't blame the ad agency! I reckon they have delivered well to the brief they received - it is the direction from above via greenflog which will have driven this.

Also - I really have a problem with calling out the aboriginal angle only - when in truth, we have a lot of amazing cultures and empowerment stories in the game. They have basically said polynesian, kiwi, italian involvement etc isn't as important as the Aboriginal narrative. Not sure that is a winner tbh.

Also. So they have the brothers playing football in 1996. Tom was born in October that year. I know it’s being picky. But how can you get that wrong.
Other than the song. I hate everything about that ad.

I think it was more a reference to Manly/96 premiers.

Same as Scam in 1999. But he is more believable given he was closer to the age of the kid.

But that isn't exactly clear and does look like a fail on face value.

the ad is good. But why do we need an aboriginal flag on mitchell's back or a screenshot of two WNRL players having a pash.

It's a sport its an outlet a form of entertainment. Not a platform for politcal statements.

From where I stand I have no issue with LGBT rights or marriage, I voted yes and I'm all for celebrating indigenious players even if they arent as good as Cliffy and Dale shearer.

But when does our season anthem have to be a politcal statement. this is todds work he is the master politcan
Ummmm I think Greenberg's daughter & her friends had all the influence on the ad....:wasntme:

What's interesting is all the Latrell love when it was only a few months ago that the Roosters didn't want a bar of him (in fact no one "apparently" did until the Bunnies cleared enough room to make a below market offer). Now he's the centre piece of the leagues ad campaign...

What's interesting is all the Latrell love when it was only a few months ago that the Roosters didn't want a bar of him (in fact no one "apparently" did until the Bunnies cleared enough room to make a below market offer). Now he's the centre piece of the leagues ad campaign...

Toddy’s fave now, all is good in the world.

Look, love the song, even thought cutting to the little girl was good but why do we need to go political ??

Show the girls slogging it out , show a highlight from each team, but Trell draped in the aboriginal flag in the middle wasn’t needed.

I’m not racist , count many black fellas as mates from school days , but if we are embracing all cultures in our game picking out one to highlight is BULL****.

That could have been so much better with the song , the little girl , no Latrell and 2 minutes of footy highlights.

They made it to be divisive, and it’s succeeded.

If they need an iconic moment I'll suggest one. How about when Gifty gets the Clive Churchill award and tells David Gallop that he owes Brett an apology.

That's a real moment of social justice.

As for the rest; Macklmore (who?), a couple of women kissing, people draped in flags? Why not moments of actual football games.

Get woke, go broke.

The NRL are bereft of vision.

Also - I really have a problem with calling out the aboriginal angle only - when in truth, we have a lot of amazing cultures and empowerment stories in the game. They have basically said polynesian, kiwi, italian involvement etc isn't as important as the Aboriginal narrative. Not sure that is a winner tbh.

Well, the NRL can hardly magnify the Islander/Polynesian culture can they?

They might have pictures of groups of them praying or something. Then some poor kiddie might be triggered by memories of Israel Folau.

Another iconic moment they should show is Glen Hall bullocking his way through the Storm defence in 2008 on the way to setting up a wonderful try. I'd rather see that than two sheilas locking lips.

All they needed was to show highlights from the past 30 years, with big hits, great plays and other good things that have happened in the game. Nothing more. None of this political crap.

And somehow the NRL thinks with this ad it will attract new people. They have got it totally wrong.

All they needed was to show highlights from the past 30 years, with big hits, great plays and other good things that have happened in the game. Nothing more. None of this political crap.

And somehow the NRL thinks with this ad it will attract new people. They have got it totally wrong.

Spot on Rodo

Hahaha people get so triggered

We have celebrated Provan and Summons embracing as opposition after a hard fought grand final for half a century and its our trophy for heavens sake

But when two females players who are actually partners embrace and share a quick kiss after a hard fought grand final people lose it?

It was an iconic image, of course it should be celebrated

Also one of the games current superstars embracing his heritage, highlighting that NRL is an inclusive game for all....why not?

As a society today we just seem to want to get riled up over everything hahaha

We have celebrated Provan and Summons embracing as opposition after a hard fought grand final for half a century and its our trophy for heavens sake

But when two females players who are actually partners embrace and share a quick kiss after a hard fought grand final people lose it?

Also one of the games current superstars embracing his heritage, highlighting that NRL is an inclusive game for all....why not?

No problem with the chicks kissing , and to be honest ( even though we hate him) no great problem with Scam being featured as the longest serving player but given the recent stance of some of the Aboriginal players to not sing our Anthem or respect our flag I respectfully disagree with you on that one issue.

It was divisive!!

If the flag offends so many , leave it out BUT don’t put another in there in its place which just stirs the pot.

It would have been far better to have shown these women playing the game rather than embracing or at least cut from them playing the game to embracing. They did not even show any footage of the women's game! And I would much rather have seen footage of Mitchell cutting through defences to score a superb try and then celebrating afterwards.

Maybe the main thing I did not like about the ad was that it was far too busy with too many different things crammed into 2 minutes. They should have focused on less and highlighted the great things about the game that will resonate with everyone.

It would have been far better to have shown these women playing the game rather than embracing or at least cut from them playing the game to embracing. They did not even show any footage of the women's game! And I would much rather have seen footage of Mitchell cutting through defences to score a superb try and then celebrating afterwards.

Maybe the main thing I did not like about the ad was that it was far too busy with too many different things crammed into 2 minutes. They should have focused on less and highlighted the great things about the game that will resonate with everyone.

Im surprised the NRL Mardi Gras float didn’t get a run!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8