• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A couple of things

1. As a marketing / advertising piece it is not single minded and a bit all over the place. They would have been better creating a flagship add with smaller, segment specific, targeted pieces. In the flagship add they could have included one segment of equality which would have been used in targeted ads...meaning most of the people upset about that element on here would not have seen it.
2. Regarding the so called PC elements clearly the game is trying to be more inclusive and appeal to a larger base of fans - I like the idea but the execution was not the best as it was pretty disjointed. I do love the irony of people getting angry over the representations of so called PC culture as the same time calling those from the left snow flakes (to be fair this has not been said in this thread but if you want examples just go on any social media platform)

. I do love the irony of people getting angry over the representations of so called PC culture as the same time calling those from the left snow flakes

I .. and I suspect others .... are not angry that Lesbians. gays, aboriginals or any other minority group is in the ad .... what I am disappointed about is that Rugby League as a body seem to be more focused on being woke ... than on running a professional sport ....

It is wonderful that all comers are welcomed ... but that is not what has made the sport successful .... the game has a myriad of problem issues ... all of them to do with administration and the defranchising of the traditional fans ..

We have weeks every season when the game pays attention to different groups within our society ... and fair enough ...

But the season launch should have been a call to action and rev up for the legion of committed Rugby League fans eager for the long off season to end and the footy to start. ...... we should have all have been coming on here today singing simply the best and saying things like did you see that try ... wow did you see that tackle .... can't wait for the opening game .....

Instead ..... and here is the indication of the ads effectiveness .. 90% of the posters are asking if the gay and aboriginal issues really needed to be highlighted as rugby league virtues ... just another hint that the NRL has lost the plot ...

I do love the irony of people getting angry over the representations of so called PC culture as the same time calling those from the left snow flakes (to be fair this has not been said in this thread but if you want examples just go on any social media platform)

To be sure, people aren't always consistent. And I'm so relieved you're not tarring anyone of us as snowflakes (mixed metaphor alert). However I doubt it is truly trying to be diverse. It is being diverse in the sense it wants to appeal to corporate backers who are fully on the"diversity" bandwagon. Otherwise it really would appeal to grassroots people like the large Samoan Christian or even Mormon families as well. I doubt we'll see much of the them.

I .. and I suspect others .... are not angry that Lesbians. gays, aboriginals or any other minority group is in the ad .... what I am disappointed about is that Rugby League as a body seem to be more focused on being woke ... than on running a professional sport ....

It is wonderful that all comers are welcomed ... but that is not what has made the sport successful .... the game has a myriad of problem issues ... all of them to do with administration and the defranchising of the traditional fans ..

We have weeks every season when the game pays attention to different groups within our society ... and fair enough ...

But the season launch should have been a call to action and rev up for the legion of committed Rugby League fans eager for the long off season to end and the footy to start. ...... we should have all have been coming on here today singing simply the best and saying things like did you see that try ... wow did you see that tackle .... can't wait for the opening game .....

Instead ..... and here is the indication of the ads effectiveness .. 90% of the posters are asking if the gay and aboriginal issues really needed to be highlighted as rugby league virtues ... just another hint that the NRL has lost the plot ...
It seems like the NRL failed to realise that they could have promoted their say ethnic diversity by just showing the players more .

If you want to do a campaign showing the last 30 years then put together a banging highlight reel and finish it with a question about what 2020 will bring. If you want to do woke ad for Guardian readers go for it, but don’t chuck everything into the same ad.

I’m quite happy with the indigenous and “rainbow” aspects. It sets league apart and well done nrl on this.

I am however deeply offended by scam Smith and the storm and broncos, who have continually dragged the game down with their cynical and selfish actions. It sickens me to see them highlighted.

If it is best moments over 30 years we need the beaver try, and snake in full flight somewhere..

I also think the song is ****. But I wouldn’t impose my taste on others so I guess it is ok in this context. Macklemore is a joke too. Showing the girls’ love says it all, and if the nrl needed more I would have put Ian Roberts in it instead of an insipid FIFO white boy rapper who would have zero affinity with the game.

I have no problem with the ad. Obviously a great song historically and I like how the NRL are being progressive.

Would have loved to have seen Menzies try in there (with that famous Gus commentary) but the footage of the Trobjs is terrific.

Appealing to young kids (boys and girls), race, and is inclusive of history too which is nice to see again.

NYEagle

I did say it was not I had seen here rather it was online (then it of the quote that is missing) Also I do not think that this forum is at all a representative sample

To be sure, people aren't always consistent. And I'm so relieved you're not tarring anyone of us as snowflakes (mixed metaphor alert). However I doubt it is truly trying to be diverse. It is being diverse in the sense it wants to appeal to corporate backers who are fully on the"diversity" bandwagon. Otherwise it really would appeal to grassroots people like the large Samoan Christian or even Mormon families as well. I doubt we'll see much of the them.
I think there is a fair difference between the attempt and the execution

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10