New Captain...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182011.msg245661#msg245661 date=1258345026]
I dont think Lyon wants the role.

So far, its out of Ballin & Glen for mine.

based on?

he is a natural leader, well liked and even liked and respected by referees. He also has a sense of the team being bigger than he is, which leads me to think he might take it on
[/quote]

Sure, his likability is spot on. But I get the impression he is somewhat reluctant to add to his current role. In the past he has made statements alluding to his view of  family and other priorities outside of footy are more important.

If he thinks its too much added responsibility then his game would suffer. I dont want to see that happen.

Kiwi, he says a lot of things and that was said when there was no real debate. If the club ask him I am sure he would say yes.

Also responsibility does funny things to people

I dont want funny things happening with Lyon. I want him in his preferred position & feeling unencumbered.

Ballin (& maybe even Choc in a pinch) seem the most likely to me to view the added responsibility as a challenge and the title something to rise up to.

I'm going out on a bit of a limb but I think Ballin will be pushed all year from Seu Seu and won't spend enough time on the park to be considered a candidate as captain.

It has been mentioned previously and I really do think that Seu Seu has the POTENTIAL to be better than Ballin. In regards to the captaincy, I think that Kite may benefit as it may pull him out of his lethargy. It may also focus Choc to be more consistent, with more responsibility.

Ballin? No way.

We need a leader.. Brett Stewart and Choc inspire the team on the park and are big characters in our squad.

Either one of them two to be skipper. Also would prefer the skipper to definitely play the 80 minutes.

KaZa link said:
Ballin? No way.

We need a leader.. Brett Stewart and Choc inspire the team on the park and are big characters in our squad.

Either one of them two to be skipper. Also would prefer the skipper to definitely play the 80 minutes.

I cant see Brett getting it until all his problems go away. Choc has on field issues and I dont see him changing.

Ballin and Lyon would be a good choice but I like Kite which will make him step up next year after this year slow start. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2