Never been so embarrassed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What I don't get is what happened to our damaging defence and line speed gone that we showed in round 1? If you do the above basics that gives you a chance to win games.

Honestly how many out there tonight would make the other top 8 teams. I'd say 4 at best out of 17 and only 2 would make the Penrith team. No wonder we got pumped. We have so many average players and reserve graders. Only Jake and Haumole are top lines in the forwards and DCE, Tom in the backs and the jury is out those 2 at the moment. It will take years if ever to get this club back to the top and it can only start when DCE and the Turbos are gone. $3.5 mil on those 3 is killing us.
Everyone says this , but most teams have 2-3 players on similar money.

I think the real issue is the value we get in return.

Only one of the 3 can hold their head up really high at present amd say they are earning their cash .

Everyone says this , but most teams have 2-3 players on similar money.

I think the real issue is the value we get in return.

Only one of the 3 can hold their head up really high at present amd say they are earning their cash .
The performance of DCE is absolutely shocking. For his pay, his reputation, and for his position as captain of the team, I have never seen a bigger imposter. Yes, he does some amazing outstanding stuff from time to time that others cannot do... but it is all low percentage occasional wonders and he fails miserably to manage a team or to do the basic necessities in any consistent form. He is the albatross IMO.

The performance of DCE is absolutely shocking. For his pay, his reputation, and for his position as captain of the team, I have never seen a bigger imposter. Yes, he does some amazing outstanding stuff from time to time that others cannot do... but it is all low percentage occasional wonders and he fails miserably to manage a team or to do the basic necessities in any consistent form. He is the albatross IMO.
He has so far managed to get through the year on
3 grubbers in 10 minutes in game 1
2 intercepts
backing up tom

and a whole lot of ordinary , leaderless, stat worthy ball handling . Nothing substantial or meaningful in our attack.

played a top 4 side again and first half manly get smashed in possession…….every time . Not all his fault but as captain , halfback and kicker possession is his main objective and we are very poor at that discipline

cant compete because we cant even get enough ball to compete………over and over

its up to our top players to bring the standards, not just the skill set. Thats why it works at melb because they invest in competitors first.

leadership / standard needs to change NOW

He has so far managed to get through the year on
3 grubbers in 10 minutes in game 1
2 intercepts
backing up tom

and a whole lot of ordinary , leaderless, stat worthy ball handling . Nothing substantial or meaningful in our attack.

played a top 4 side again and first half manly get smashed in possession…….every time . Not all his fault but as captain , halfback and kicker possession is his main objective and we are very poor at that discipline

cant compete because we cant even get enough ball to compete………over and over

its up to our top players to bring the standards, not just the skill set. Thats why it works at melb because they invest in competitors first.

Because he changed the culture here...himself and Orr made it about money. The rest of the playing group is the same.
This is nothing like 05 to 14 squad. They can had family bbq and all that but let's be serious last night showed they don't play for each other at all. Plus it's becoming obvious senior recruitment is pathetic.

Won't be a popular move but I bet Sharon gets a run next week. Watched 20 min of the BWSE match yesterday and while he is way past his best he's no worse than some on the guys we currently have. One thing I will say for the guybis he has some niggle and actually puts in. Unlike Aloiai

Won't be a popular move but I bet Sharon gets a run next week. Watched 20 min of the BWSE match yesterday and while he is way past his best he's no worse than some on the guys we currently have. One thing I will say for the guybis he has some niggle and actually puts in. Unlike Aloiai
Agree I had enough of Aloiai he is a complete imposter. Goes missing against good packs as usual.

Our forwards tried hard….Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Bullemor, Jake, Ola…..Tui had a poor 1st half but got better. Our problem was the backs! Apart from Saab they were hopeless. Harper & Parker we’re terrible. Tom looks like he needs to do a $hit everytime the cameras are on him. Seems he was playing injured. DCE just running around like a headless chook! With Garrick out next week not sure what the backline will look like.
Tom
Saab
……
……
Weekes
Schuster
DCE I dunno so disappointed tonight.
i missed most of the 1st half(fortunately). at half time the riff had 73% of possession and manly had made more than 100 more tackles, don't know where the blame lies but pleased there wasn't another blow out in the 2nd half.

This - as a team we are slow across the ground and slow between the ears, and led around the paddock for the most part by a headless chook. Our leader, the team in general lacks game smarts and a few non stop fanatical forwards (except for Jake and maybe Bully), I said last year Tuilagi hadn't shown any solid, all game performances to excite me about signing him, and even Mole, as good as he is, gets shown up in defence, but he is a relative new comer to the game,- Oshay, Keppie, Lawton are second string and Froggy is a trier but not the quick schemer that is needed at dummy half in that regard I would rather see him as a 13 and have Gordo as 9 ..... letting two of our best up and coming forwards go will turn around to bite us
..... its going to be a long time before we once again have players ala Choc, Jamie Lyon & co that are willing to take less money to be/stay a part of our team.

i missed most of the 1st half(fortunately). at half time the riff had 73% of possession and manly had made more than 100 more tackles, don't know where the blame lies but pleased there wasn't another blow out in the 2nd half.
Apparently it was DCE's fault :)
the slacker only took one hitup from a tap!

Reality is we only have one centre who belongs in a first grade backline - and he is injured.

Harper and Parker should be playing park football.

We might not have the cap space to solve this problem until DCE moves on or at least takes a massive pay cut. If he wants to win another premiership he should voluntarily drop down to $600k right now, but of course he won't.

For the first time in my long life I made the trek to Penrith, passbook in my back pocket.
The day started with an Easter Miracle... I watched our reserve grade beating the Penrith Powerhouse!
Despite the score in the top grade I had a nice afternoon, finishing off with a meal at Hogs Breath with my family. The 'Riff crowd were well behaved, a streaker had the grandkids in stitches, and I hope the thrashing has given our top players a kick in their pants; just like the Canberra players.
If this is the most embarrassed some fans on here have been about following Manly then they have very short memories.

You know IMO, it's got nothing to do with the coaches anymore. Our captain looks disinterested and my gut tells me there are issues there with him and the new staff. He looks like he is sulking around. If Canberra need a clean out, what do we need.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6