Negativity in this place lately

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree Mark, I will be giving Barrett & the new players my support. I will be at Brookie & some away games next year cheering the boys on. I won't however be a cheer leader for our current owners.

Ditto mate.

Bottom line is we are Manly fans, I haven't always liked the coach/the board/the CEO, but I have never wavered in the love of my mighty Sea Eagles.

All I hope for in 2016 is a better winning ratio, and none of the **** that's gone down this year which made 2015 one to really forget!

Last edited:
I agree let's get behind Trent Barrett. Time will only tell. But some people will either like the Penns and their entourage , But some won't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This Club has made some Good choices and some Bad choices over the years.

Lets Just Hope we come out the right side of this.

Winners

Well written CJ, every day is just the same, Zorba, Penn etc. Brookvale is a loss making ground and they are having to fund it. Take out Penn and we have the Bears. No one will pour millions in to lose it. We have the worst ground and least amount of supporters and members. Keyboard heroes don't put in serious money and when they do than they have a huge right to say.

Some on here think we are Souffs with 30k members and huge sponsorships. I always laugh when we talk about 20 thousand fans putting in 10 thousand dollars. We can't even get 10 thousand at a game. The Northern Beaches has turned away from League and without Penn we would be gone forever. We would be lucky to get 5000 locals at a game. Even on here it is less than 20% membership from the Beaches. Beaver summed it up perfectly when he said he was worried no one would turn up at GF parade.

The 20's are in the GF and we have a few kids who may make 1st grade so that is a huge turn around from previous. When we see Charlie Taylor, Gutho, Pratt, Knight and the 20's halves start to kill it in 1st grade then we can truly whinge. Fulton is a legend and knows more about winning than anyone we know and he loves Manly.

Last edited:
Just because I don't like the direction, ownership and management that are involved in the club at present, does not make me any less a supporter of Manly than anyone else.
What they are doing is negative and I don't like it.....
I will always support my team, doesn't mean I gotta like everything that happens around them.

Well said, just well said, that's all.

I swear, some posters are quick to rate a dislike, disagree, or troll - purely because others might see some positives with the board.
I was soooooo close to giving you a troll. :p

There's usually negativity all season long, in posts about Hiku, Hasson, Wolfie etc. I'm sure Lussick will join the list next year. Not sure why Scott Penn should be exempt from criticism if the players aren't. Especially when it's warranted.
Where did I say Scott penn should be exempt from criticism exactly? There's always going to be people on either side of a situation and no one is invincible. Not one person is bigger than the club.

My gripe here is with people that are talking rubbish about the club itself and threatening to boycott games, membership etc... That is achieving nothing but harm for the club. Everyone needs to move forward so we can enjoy being successful again and not throw the toys out of the cot because the place is undergoing a cleanout.

Where did I say Scott penn should be exempt from criticism exactly? There's always going to be people on either side of a situation and no one is invincible. Not one person is bigger than the club.

My gripe here is with people that are talking rubbish about the club itself and threatening to boycott games, membership etc... That is achieving nothing but harm for the club. Everyone needs to move forward so we can enjoy being successful again and not throw the toys out of the cot because the place is undergoing a cleanout.
You have the right to buy a membership or not. this aint Russia mate...

I have seen people potting bigger names than that @bones. Stuff about Glenn Stewart, DCE, Foran, Choc and even The Great Brad Arthur.

If I want to stop putting my hand in my pocket because of the ownership or direction the club is heading, I will do just that.

Doesnt mean I love the team any less.

Last edited:
Some good points CJA. Certainly nothing wrong with a positive outlook. I'm still undecided about my membership renewal as I'd like to see some better communication between the club and members/fans. But I wish the best for our mighty club and welcome all our newcomers.
Roll on 2016 and Go Manly!

Dribble is needed for comedy but the context that I'm talking about it is for more people taking digs at what is happening within the club. People just need to be patient.

Haha I'll chuck you a like if it makes you feel better @:D

I hope you aren't referring to my post about stating that the turmoil could kill us. I have followed this club for nearly 30 years and I will always follow Manly even if they were in NSW cup. But I am not going to sit back and ignore the fact that the current management are taking a massive risk and could potentially ruin our club and a culture, They did not build this club nor did they create our culture. They bought it and they are custodians of it and if they are not careful they could ruin it.

Just to clarify my position I am unhappy about he way things have transpired in the last couple of years, but I do not hate the Penn's. I am actually thankful to them for putting money into our club, that doesn't mean that I don't have a right to question why they go about things the way they do. I will be cheering Manly all the way next year and I want nothing less than success for us, I will even reluctantly get behind Barrett.

On the flip side I live in Canberra and I was around to watch the Raiders mis-manage their club and go from hero's to zero's in the space of a couple of seasons. All because of a family that was behind the club that loved it to death "The McIntyres". They are still in the wilderness and i dont ever want to see us in that position. Besides it is in my DNA to question things. I honestly hope all us Debbie Doomsday's are going to have egg on our face come this time next year.

I have seen people potting bigger names than that @bones. Stuff about Glenn Stewart, DCE, Foran, Choc and even The Great Brad Arthur.

If I want to stop putting my hand in my pocket because of the ownership or direction the club is heading, I will do just that.

Doesnt mean I love the team any less.
I have never said a bad word about the Great Brad Arthur. I May have said a few words in jest, with perhaps a tincture of sarcasm floating on the surface... But never ever ever anything bad...

*contents of this post may or may not contain mistruths, half truths or no truth whatsoever ;)

I hope you aren't referring to my post about stating that the turmoil could kill us. I have followed this club for nearly 30 years and I will always follow Manly even if they were in NSW cup. But I am not going to sit back and ignore the fact that the current management are taking a massive risk and could potentially ruin our club and a culture, They did not build this club nor did they create our culture. They bought it and they are custodians of it and if they are not careful they could ruin it.

Just to clarify my position I am unhappy about he way things have transpired in the last couple of years, but I do not hate the Penn's. I am actually thankful to them for putting money into our club, that doesn't mean that I don't have a right to question why they go about things the way they do. I will be cheering Manly all the way next year and I want nothing less than success for us, I will even reluctantly get behind Barrett.

On the flip side I live in Canberra and I was around to watch the Raiders mis-manage their club and go from hero's to zero's in the space of a couple of seasons. All because of a family that was behind the club that loved it to death "The McIntyres". They are still in the wilderness and i dont ever want to see us in that position. Besides it is in my DNA to question things. I honestly hope all us Debbie Doomsday's are going to have egg on our face come this time next year.
What post are you talking about? I'm talking about comments in general.
I never said the penns are perfect. I also know how important our culture is and it shouldn't be altered.

Everyone needs to just tone it down a bit and think positively instead of being so negative around here. Give them a chance with the structures that will now be in place. Nothing has even started yet so hopefully they can prove to us that the club is in good shape.

It's funny how a lot of you think this is just a penn affair by my posts, but in actual fact I'm just thinking about the future of our club. Without us fans we have nothing, nobody will want to prop up a club that is running at major losses. So wherever we can we should all be supporting instead of saying they won't be getting any of my money. Manly needs every one of us.

Last edited:
I was given a manly training top signed for me by Jayden Hodges. I'm wearing it to gf on Sunday. My son called me a hypocrite as I had told previously that Jayden was not our answer as hooker. I told him I was not and I will wear it with pride. Not just because it is a manly top but because Jayden's name is on it. A player that appeared to give his all every time and played with passion. My comments to my son may have been negative but did not stop my respect for the player. Go manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4