Need another prop pronto

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

RedEagle

With Aloiai out for 12 weeks and no Marty yesterday, clearly we need to secure a front rower from another club pronto.

Its been clear in the last 5 weeks of football that if we win the middle we win the game. We went sideways against the Tigers for 30 mins. Blew them off the park as soon as we went up the guts. Yesterday we tried to go around them the whole first half. As soon as we straightened up there were holes all over the field. Fainu would be massive and help with variety and running game, but the lack of hooker isn’t as bigger issue if we send the big boys through the middle and actually earn the right to go wide.

We have Foz & Shoe on the left, Cherry and Jake on the right. Tom either side and pace out wide. Points aren’t an issue.

Yardage and defence in the middle third of the field is where we can have enormous improvement.

Being without Aoli, Jake should be in the prop rotation with Marty, Tent and Sippers. Keppie, Guac and maybe Sirro second row rotation and Shu to lock. Injuries will take care of a prop spot if Aoli returns or Keppie/Sirro miss out.
Jake had a hand in just about every try movement yesterday. He plays a lot of first receiver and the shape created with DCE and Turbo as options out the back is pure class. We need another genuine thumper up front. Jake will still run over 100m, make 50 tackles and free the others up in attack.

We are unlucky to have had Marty and Alioia out along with Tuitavake and Sione Fainu out due to injuries.

Missed the experience of Marty and Alioia for sure, however I think we have got the middle covered at the moment, some of the younger forwards made mistakes and put the team under unnecessary pressure, they will learn from that.

Yeah I don't think we really need to go to the market. We have the cover. I'm sure players like sips and sads will make the most of the opportunity and playing time.

Yeh nah. We have enough cover already. Let's focus on developing what we have, instead of buying a second rate prop that is surplus to requirements from another team. Paseka, Taupau, Keppie, Sipley, Saddler as prop rotation plus Jake as prop/lock option looks pretty good to me. Manly needs an inside out approach to recruitment and retention now, and not an outside in approach. Let's not fill holes with has beens and never will be's.

The realty is Shuster is a brilliant player. He plays outside the mould. Like in all various field's of endeavour that comes with it's downside. The worst thing that Manly can do is to punish his mistakes by curbing his creativity. Let him do his thing. Just be sure that those around him are prepared to use his unconventiality.

With Aloiai out for 12 weeks and no Marty yesterday, clearly we need to secure a front rower from another club pronto.

Its been clear in the last 5 weeks of football that if we win the middle we win the game. We went sideways against the Tigers for 30 mins. Blew them off the park as soon as we went up the guts. Yesterday we tried to go around them the whole first half. As soon as we straightened up there were holes all over the field. Fainu would be massive and help with variety and running game, but the lack of hooker isn’t as bigger issue if we send the big boys through the middle and actually earn the right to go wide.

We have Foz & Shoe on the left, Cherry and Jake on the right. Tom either side and pace out wide. Points aren’t an issue.

Yardage and defence in the middle third of the field is where we can have enormous improvement.
I fully agree with you - except all those problems spring from no quality or dominant hooker.

We have some good forwards coming through. We should just work on developing them as they have huge futures. We got the fainu prop brothers coming up, Saddler is developing, paseka and keppie are the future. Our prop rotation is firing atm and is a huge factor in our season revival. If there's one aspect of depth to be confident about in our team it is our middle forwards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8