Near signings and near departures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now there is a name I haven't heard in probably 20 years. Giant Wallaby who was signed by the South Queensland Crushers and literally big things were expected of him. He went back to union with his tail between his legs after less than one year. He played just 2 games for the Crushers.

People think Nelson Asofa-Solomona is big at 200 cm (6'7) and 115 kg. Morgan in his playing days was 201 cm and 122 kg. And he was 25 years before NAS.

The son of former Manly forward John "Pogo" Morgan I believe. Just goes to show that being the son of a former first grade, state and international rep doesn't guarantee success.

Garrick Morgan wasn't a total sporting flop though. He did play 24 tests for the Wallabies from 1992-94 and 1996-97. And that was a time when the Wallabies had a pretty good record.

He turns 50 on 25 January. Below is an interesting article on Garrick Morgan.

But maybe if he didn't sign with the SQ Crushers he may have made it.
I think a lot of careers were crushed by them.

Poor bastards were set up to fail and are the reason there won't be another Brisbane team.
Despite good crowds they were underwhelming, their first win was against the Bears....says it all really.

But maybe if he didn't sign with the SQ Crushers he may have made it.
I think a lot of careers were crushed by them.

Poor bastards were set up to fail and are the reason there won't be another Brisbane team.
Despite good crowds they were underwhelming, their first win was against the Bears....says it all really.

I think the Crushers were more a victim of extremely bad timing than anything else. Their first year was 1995. Their first game was only about 2 weeks before the Super League war started. The ARL probably would have been a lot more supportive of keeping them alive if they weren't so busy trying to fight off Murdoch and News.

Willis Meehan - junior boxer and Roosters forward
Seemed to have all the qualities to go further, but reneged on Manly and has since found trouble every corner...

Willis Meehan - junior boxer and Roosters forward
Seemed to have all the qualities to go further, but reneged on Manly and has since found trouble every corner...
Think that it was also a case of Manly management losing interest in him as well . Recall some instances or reports of some off field negative issues from him when he first joined the Manly train on squad a few season ago . Seemed to have some really good playing attributes and potential though , maybe just a wasted talent to the code in general as things have panned out unfortunately

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4