National Rugby League SHAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imagine buying a product year in year out, and then hammering the seller because they squandered the money they earned for the product. Just when you are going a bit broke too.

The nrl product must have been worth the money for 9 otherwise why did they pay that much? Going ballistic now in the media is a cynical and unhelpful bargaining move,
Yep. If I buy a packet of peas I don't get to tell the pea people what they should do with the money I happily paid for my peas. Good peas they were too!

But if Vlandys is Chairman why not look at Toovey- grass roots and elite football knowledge and is an accountant something the NRL clearly needs
I'm always a little bemused at the push for Tooves as CEO because he's an accountant. Not exactly high on the business ladder, and gees there's some rubbish ones. I like Tooves, loved him as a footballer, but he hasn't run anything.
I suspect though, that in years to come, we might see Tommy T as a titan of the business world. That kid has it all.

I thought I read somewhere that Jason King was doing a Sport Admin degree at university??
He seemed like a well educated man on the times that I’ve spoken to him.

Did anybody ese hear that numbnut Sam Burgess defending GreenTurd for only taking a 25% pay cut whilst the players are being stung 75% ....
Anyway back to the real world Sam...

Football star Sam Burgess has finalised his separation from his estranged wife Phoebe.
The Daily Telegraph understands the couple have agreed upon the details of their separation after
Sources close to the pair said Phoebe, who worked as a junior in magazines before the couple got together, has walked away with around 70 per cent of their wealth.

The couple sold their Lurline Bay, Maroubra, home for $5 million in January, registering a profit of $1.2 million on what they bought the home for in 2016.

Burgess, 31, also owned an F45 gym in Bowral, which has now been put into his wife’s name as part of the settlement.

She also keeps her Range Rover SDVA, estimated to be worth about $100,000.

Burgess meanwhile lives in a rented apartment in Coogee with his brother Luke and still owns a two-bedroom apartment in Little Bay, where his mother Julie lives.

Phoebe is based in Bowral with the couple’s two young children, living at her parents’ estate there.

“Phoebe got all the furniture and everything in the house,” a source said.

The couple were married for four years, having tied the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony on her parents’ property in 2015.

They have two children — a daughter named Poppy and a son, Billy.

Anyway back to the real world Sam...

Football star Sam Burgess has finalised his separation from his estranged wife Phoebe.
The Daily Telegraph understands the couple have agreed upon the details of their separation after
Sources close to the pair said Phoebe, who worked as a junior in magazines before the couple got together, has walked away with around 70 per cent of their wealth.

The couple sold their Lurline Bay, Maroubra, home for $5 million in January, registering a profit of $1.2 million on what they bought the home for in 2016.

Burgess, 31, also owned an F45 gym in Bowral, which has now been put into his wife’s name as part of the settlement.

She also keeps her Range Rover SDVA, estimated to be worth about $100,000.

Burgess meanwhile lives in a rented apartment in Coogee with his brother Luke and still owns a two-bedroom apartment in Little Bay, where his mother Julie lives.

Phoebe is based in Bowral with the couple’s two young children, living at her parents’ estate there.

“Phoebe got all the furniture and everything in the house,” a source said.

The couple were married for four years, having tied the knot in a lavish wedding ceremony on her parents’ property in 2015.

They have two children — a daughter named Poppy and a son, Billy.

Yup, speaking of being stung by 75%..!!!!

I'm always a little bemused at the push for Tooves as CEO because he's an accountant. Not exactly high on the business ladder, and gees there's some rubbish ones. I like Tooves, loved him as a footballer, but he hasn't run anything.
I suspect though, that in years to come, we might see Tommy T as a titan of the business world. That kid has it all.

Wasn't Tooves in a fairly prominent role at NRMA for a few years?

I doubt VLandy’s would want the job, and I doubt he took his current role on expecting all this **** to happen.

I’ll throw a name in the ring , Grant Mayer.

Manly CEO ( ex) currently boss of racing South Australia.

Another name that I've mentioned previously is Tony Mestrov. Ex Manly junior, Manly FG, Souths FG, London Broncos, Wigan, Titans COO, Hockey NSW CEO, NSW Greyhound Racing CEO.

I love Tooves and I know he's a beancounter by profession, but getting both of them in head office would sort this crap out pretty quick.

Mestrov CEO. Tooves Deputy CEO.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4