National Rugby League SHAME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gould (and to a lesser point Bennett) would be ok in the head of football role, but I don’t rate either of them nrl ceo material

Anyone but Greenburg.
Basis his performance Homer Simpson would give him a run for his money.
I could handle Gould as he truely knows the game and I think does love it but he certainly knows whats wrong with it.Which is pretty much everything that Greenburg has instituted like the laughable bunker, hapless 2 referees ,the hypocrisy of the " look him in the eye" policy, empty stadia policy, no grass roots policy ,the corrupt and polluted salary cap and TPA policy and the suck arse to the "elites" policy i.e Smith,Politis Bronco's Souffs etc
Geoff Toovey should be considered he knows all the above has bled for the game (like Gould) and is also a numbers man so would be the perfect choice if the facts were properly considered.
Particularly when one looks at the financial mess that Greenburg has been the architect of ,the more I think about it someone like Toovey who ticks all the football boxes and can also add up (something which is clearly beyond that bald headed hoax) should have a number 1 on his ticket!!
Greenburg true to form is not going to let go of his gravy train easily.Like a cat being dragged outside into the wet he will scratch claw and hiss like the feline he is ,while blaming everyone else for joke that he has turned the NRL into.
#get rid of greenburg already
#Toovey for NRL CEO

Does Vlandys want the job? Gould (and Tooves for that matter) maybe better suited to be on the commission. Let Vlandys handle the day to day, he's at least shown some leadership through all this drama, doesn't have any particular club affiliation, seems to tick most of the boxes for a CEO role?

Nine Network slams NRL and its handling of the game over many years
The Daily Telegraph
April 9, 2020 11:44am

Rugby league free-to-air broadcaster the Nine Network has launched a stunning attack on the NRL, accusing it of mismaagement and squandering millions of dollars from broadcast rights deals.
In a move that could spell the end for NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, a spokesman for Nine said funds had been wasted by “a bloated head office”.
“At Nine we had hoped to work with the NRL on a solution to the issues facing rugby league in 2020, brought on so starkly by COVID-19,” a Nine spokesman said.
“But this health crisis in our community has highlighted the mismanagement of the code over many years.

“Nine has invested hundreds of millions in this game over decades and we now find they have profoundly wasted those funds with very little to fall back on to support the clubs, the players and supporters. In the past the NRL have had problems and we’ve bailed them out many times including a $50m loan to support clubs when the last contract was signed.
“It would now appear that much of that has been squandered by a bloated head office completely ignoring the needs of the clubs, players and supporters.”

The Daily Telegraph
April 9, 2020 11:44am

Rugby league free-to-air broadcaster the Nine Network has launched a stunning attack on the NRL, accusing it of mismaagement and squandering millions of dollars from broadcast rights deals.
In a move that could spell the end for NRL CEO Todd Greenberg, a spokesman for Nine said funds had been wasted by “a bloated head office”.
“At Nine we had hoped to work with the NRL on a solution to the issues facing rugby league in 2020, brought on so starkly by COVID-19,” a Nine spokesman said.
“But this health crisis in our community has highlighted the mismanagement of the code over many years.

“Nine has invested hundreds of millions in this game over decades and we now find they have profoundly wasted those funds with very little to fall back on to support the clubs, the players and supporters. In the past the NRL have had problems and we’ve bailed them out many times including a $50m loan to support clubs when the last contract was signed.
“It would now appear that much of that has been squandered by a bloated head office completely ignoring the needs of the clubs, players and supporters.”

WOW ... didn't miss Toddy .... might be time for him to call Sam Burgi and Boatboy Ingliss for a reference .... or get Mick Ennis to ring nein and tell them they are wrong .. toddy is a great bloke ..

we’ve bailed them out many times including a $50m loan to support clubs when the last contract was signed.

Does this mean the NRL is $50M in the red in addition to the $10M owed to the players retirement fund and only 1 year into the 3 year broadscast deal? Plus the pot will be smaller this year to the tune of at least 9 less weeks of games.

Wow imagine being slapped down by channel nein! For years they have been the yardstick of self satisfied, backslapping, bloated, dumbing down, lowest common denominator entertainment. It’s pot calling the kettle black.
It is pot kettle black. But also well deserved. Jesus (if you're listening), I hope this is the final nail in Toddy's coffin. (And if you are listening, Jesus, sorry about that reference to nails and coffins - I know it's still a sensitive subject for you.)

Does Vlandys want the job? Gould (and Tooves for that matter) maybe better suited to be on the commission. Let Vlandys handle the day to day, he's at least shown some leadership through all this drama, doesn't have any particular club affiliation, seems to tick most of the boxes for a CEO role?

I doubt VLandy’s would want the job, and I doubt he took his current role on expecting all this **** to happen.

I’ll throw a name in the ring , Grant Mayer.

Manly CEO ( ex) currently boss of racing South Australia.

It is pot kettle black. But also well deserved. Jesus (if you're listening), I hope this is the final nail in Toddy's coffin. (And if you are listening, Jesus, sorry about that reference to nails and coffins - I know it's still a sensitive subject for you.)

Nah mate, it's nails & 2B4s that he's a bit touchy about.

Whilst I love the fact that Nein have turned cannibal on GreenTurd ... for whatever vested interest ..... they can fukk off too .... with their control over scheduling and Broncos playing every Friday night .....

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8