Nate myles retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm just surprised about the ridiculousness of NRL contracts and their salary cap implications. We sign a player, he asks for a release to go to another club, which we grant. He then retires but somehow we are still obligated to pay out his contract AND it comes off our cap ?? FMD who negotiates these deals ?? If we are paying him and he is under our cap then he's turning up to training every week and being used as a tackle bag as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise he waives his right to the contract and we both move on.
Agreed. Should be hauled back to the northern beaches ASAP and forced to work for us in some capacity. Mind blowing how disrespectful this Humpty Dumpty c@ck is being.

I could handle paying Matai and Snake because of the long successful service they both provided. This giant foreheaded nuffy gave us zero!!

Wonder what Penn thinks - it is his money after all.
It's the NRL's money as it seems to be counted as part of the Cap.

If Myles was just being paid out, outside of the Cap, then Penn would be out of pocket.
This way it's just his playing roster that is being hampered @:cool:

Never liked Myles and thankfully we don't have him sullying our jersey anymore :mad:

Seems like the sort of topic which should be discussed on NRL 360 and shows like that, people should send the link of that photo in with a please explain how this works to Kent, Rothfield and Co

Am sure the thanks bozo stuff on the pics would be enough to make it a worthwhile subject for them to discuss

Remember when we were best of the best run clubs in the league under Arko....

Now we are robbed blind repeatedly by multiple players who aren't even in the same state or country while they collect their final years payments.

We seem to be the common denominator as the easy to milk target.

Here's a thought....why not fight back this time instead of just copping it...surely a player has obligations too under a contract....spare me

We screwed up signing this guy and it was done in an effort to retain DCE so fair enough. I wish we could just cut our losses now, fact is this guy is laughing at us and that shows what sort of person he is to be honest!!

When I see behaviour like this, It makes me understand that it is wiser to invest in players who buy into our culture and WANT to be at our club!!

A couple of things

1. Not sure how he is screwing us? The club makes a deal with a player in which both parties hope to benefit. We made a deal which has worked in his favour - that is the clubs fault not the player

2. I am going to guess this has something to do with back ending contracts. My guess is that we had to do some funny accounting with his contract due to the arrival of Walker and Marty T (who were only meant to come the following year but then cam early...which meant we had to let Gutho go etc) where we promised him some of his first year money in year 3.

Funny, I thought his last club was the storm. Nice work if you can get it.

No wonder we have cap issues.

If anyone is on instagram (the most narcissistic of social medias) then they can ask him why he is going that hash tag.. it's not the first pic he has posted with #thanksbozo and ask him is he is being disrespectful.

He won't answer (obv) but you get to call him a **** either way.

:)

If anyone is on instagram (the most narcissistic of social medias) then they can ask him why he is going that hash tag.. it's not the first pic he has posted with #thanksbozo and ask him is he is being disrespectful.

He won't answer (obv) but you get to call him a **** either way.

:)
That tag #thanksbozo is used throughout instagram, so it may be just a coincidence :nerd:

Im confused by that. So he requests a release mid 2nd year to go to another team who buy him for 6 months?

Then what, we take him back? Or storm get a full year free wages? (who's genius idea was that)

If you retire you forfeit your right to wages imo. Unless you're injured playing for the team that paid you which in this case is not.

If cherry retires now do we pay him for the rest of his life?

And now im worried with our recruitment history that we have actually promised him a million bucks a year until he dies.

Miles never "retired" in the sense that he made the decision.
He was released by Manly last year to take up a 6 month offer from Melbourne. Released as in goodbye from Manly, hope you pick up a 2018 contract so we don't have to pay you Mr Plod.

Melbourne chose not to renew that offer for 2018, and Manly therefore still have to stump up the 2018 salary.

Now Cherry is a special case, in that, from what I have read he has a contract that does say if he plays in the NRL it is for Manly.
I can't see the time that Manly have the stupidity to do a Mr Plod to him, however, Bozo the immortal clown is #resigned so anything can happen.

IMG_0916.PNG

So this was my post from May 2015. I was so concerned with Myles' signing that he barely made a 2016 YART containing a no-frills forward pack.

That pack had too many honest toilers. Get two hard enforcers in there and it would have been much more respectable. But the back-ended contracts and a few stubborn vets meant we were in for a lean season. Crazy to think that injuries stopped the 2015 team from making the finals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8