By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.SignUp Now!
it wasn’t long after for me, but they must have had a big uptake in numbers in the first 12 months.I joined the day they opened memberships up to the great unwashed (from memory prior to this you had to have played for the club or be nominated by 2 ex players or something like that)
Women weren't worthy enough till the Anti Discrimination Act forced sporting Clubs to take our monies too in the 21st centuryI joined the day they opened memberships up to the great unwashed (from memory prior to this you had to have played for the club or be nominated by 2 ex players or something like that)
Woot!AGM was great last night.
1) Current Board returned for another 2 year term
Cliff LYONS - Chairman
Nick CURULLI - Director
David O’DONNELL - Director
Julie SIBRAA - Director
Alan THOMPSON - Director
Scotty WILCOX - Company Secretary
2) Cliffy and Julie are our Reps on the 7 seat MSE Board still
Cliffy, Julie, Alan and David have also joined the MLC Board to try and bring back last Century's working model of the 3 entities
4) LC licence runs out May 2020 and they are currently negotiating a new deal with the Owner Group and nearby Clubs in case the DA is actioned by the Owner Group
5) Wok Bulmer was there and looking fit and healthy and ready to lead the next Team Song
6) Des gave a very entertaining summation of 2019 and vision of the future. He could not believe that Cliffy is now the Chairman
So sign up yourselves and loved ones for only $35 to help maintain our 72 year history
- It took 6 months for the squad to accept what he was saying and believe that in spite of injuries and inexperience they were contenders in 2019
- Losing Turbo and 2 backrowers ended our Season early
- Average age of squad is 23 if T-Rex was not in it
- Priority was securing TurBros 6 year deals to make them one Club players
- Chez has really grown into the leader on and off the field
- Marty's new deal will also see him finish his career at Manly
- Retaining the majority of the squad means there is stability and growth potential for the young players to advance to NRL level
- Players are back at training, some even came back early and all are focused on aiming for a Premiership
- Young ones like Schuster could make it faster than normal
- Moses, Reuben, Brendan and Brad (who looks 71 but is only 21 ) are progressing well
- Premiership imminent
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd - Membership
Proxies - not read outWoot!
Thanks for that. Do they read out all the proxies? If so then everyone got to hear my name! (lol)
Des is a funny character. Good to see the board returned. I think they are doing a good job even though I don't know all the ins and outs they go through, but it's been awhile since the sniping has stopped.
I agree... Join up!
For sure. I forgot about 'adding the apologies'. My name and member # is on the proxy form (obv) but it makes sense not to read all those out.Proxies - not read out
But I was thinking of you as all 'Apologies for being absent' is read out at the start of each AGM and recorded in the minutes.
Arko, bless him, formally lodges this each year
Next year email back Julie with your Name and Member number !!