[Moved] MWSE forum stupidity (part 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: MWSE forum stupidity (part 2)

Jethro link said:
[quote author=CentralCoastEagle link=topic=183419.msg263994#msg263994 date=1275047574]

For better or for worse, I'm here.......over from the dark censored side.

I always thought that we (Silvertails/Alternate Eagles) were the "Dark Side".
[/quote]

people are now seeing the light  :)

WAMF link said:
lol Mark. I'm not that bad these days :)

Interested to hear from Codeman to see if he has received a response yet?

Not yet mate. Here are those emails.

First email
To whom it may concern,

I cannot even begin to express my disappointment with the NRL club that I love.

As I have been recently banned from the club's forum (which was the primary reason for my renewing my membership this season), I would like to formally inform the club that I will not be renewing my membership with the Manly Sea Eagles until the guidelines for the message board reflect what the fans want out of a forum.

I sincerely hope the forum administration rethink the situation as I know for a fact that quite a few members will be doing the same should they be banned and/or the forum closes down.

The club was in a great position to earn revenue from an electronic forum which was very private and all conversations were contained behind closed doors, but have now upset the roots of the message boards. I cannot understand how Manly expect to increase memberships in this climate by alienating its current members and supporters. Now, instead of voicing my opinions in an insulated environment, I will be forced to speak my mind in more public mediums.

My girlfriend and I have held two gold season tickets in the past, with previous plans to take them up again in 2011. Unfortunately due to the clubs' lack of touch with its supporters, neither of us will do so until these issues are resolved.

Sincerely,

Cody Aaron (Codeman)

I received a reply from Sarah Grady (no confidentiality statement attached, so I assume its ok to post here)
Dear Cody

Thank you for your email and comments regarding the members-only online forum.  All comments are taken very seriously be they negative or positive and every member is extremely important to the Club.

As a Club we want to be one of, if not the most, respected and professional NRL Clubs in the competition.  It is extremely difficult to do this when our own members are disrespectful and negative towards not only the players but our administration staff as well.

We would be more than happy to reinstate your usage on the forum to use it in an appropriate form. If you would like to do this you simply need to contact Peter Peters who is currently monitoring the forum to request access.

Thanks again for the email and most importantly thank you for being a loyal member of the Sea Eagles.

Kind regards

I did write an email to Peter Peters, and here it is.

Dear Mr Peters,

It has been suggested that I contact you in order to sort out any issues related to Manly's Online Forum.

As you are no doubt aware, I have been banned from the message boards due to my strong views regarding the new guideline policy for the members only forum. I have not engaged in any name calling (of players, coaching staff, or other members) this season, and will continue (if permitted) to be respectful to the people who are the backbone of our great club. My comments have been directed at those who have imposed unfair guidelines on members, and believe that we, as paying supporters, have the right to express our feelings. I have expressed my concerns to Sarah Grady, who has been a wonderful correspondent.

I now urge you too, to please rethink the current guidelines and rules related to the online forum. The message boards have been around for a long time now, and as a member and fan of the Manly Sea Eagles, I feel that the policies are a detriment to the economic success of the club due to lower demand for memberships if the situation continues. As you must be aware, several posters (including myself) have expressed concerns about the new guidelines, and some members are considering not renewing their memberships for next season if we are censored too much or banned without adequate reason. There have also been rumours surrounding the club's intention to remove the forum all together, and I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that I will be one of many who will not renew my membership should this scenario come to pass.

I understand the club's logic behind these new rules - they have obviously been set out to stop vilification of other members, players and club officials. As I expressed to Ms Grady, the club should be taking the members' points of view on board for this issue, especially considering that it is the most interactive product Manly currently have to offer its paying fans. Furthermore, it appears that the club has seen an increase in memberships over the past few weeks due to the forums now being closed to the public. Surely this must suggest that it is a useful tool for membership recruitment despite any negative undertones that may exist within some posts.

I fully support the \"no slander\" motives, and can understand why the club has decided to ban those who do not comply. However, as the majority of us are passionate fans (albeit, inexperience as some of us 'have never pulled on a football boot'), we are also couch coaches. This, and the debate surrounding it, has been one of the many draws of the message boards in previous years, and in the past it has seemed that the coaching staff have been tough enough to let instructions of \"how to do their job\" slide off their respective backs.

I implore you to reconsider the guidelines so that the \"no slander\" and name calling removal objectives can be achieved without immediate mass bannings - especially for those who have merely commented on their disappointment regarding the new rules.

On a more personal level, I feel that my banning for criticizing the new guidelines should be reconsidered. As Manly members, we obviously only want the best for the club, as I'm sure you will appreciate. Posts made by myself and several others expressing our disappointment should be embraced by the club, not ignored and removed. The message boards can also be used as a valuable tool for the club administration as it has the potential to keep the administration in touch with the concerns or other feedback from its current members. I understand that my tone may have come across as harsh, and I apologise if I have offended in any way, but I really don't think we, as members, have very much two-way communication with the website administration (compared, at least, to previous years' admin), and as a result I have been very upset due to the fact that the message boards have been censored in such a way without much explanation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Cody Aaron.

I have yet to receive a reply from Peters.

That's a really well written letter Cody...well done mate..be interesting to see Zorbas reply..

Chip & Chase link said:
God help us if some of the posts above are any indication of the MWSE flotsam that is going to wash up on these shores.

Yep. I can just see it happening.

I don't like your chances of getting a reply Cody.  In their forum FAQ section immediately following the list of Zero Tolerance Offences is:

The club will not enter into correspondence with anyone regarding the issuing of demerit points or the banning of an individual. Any requests to comment on these matters will be ignored.

I had a terrible thought last night about people not renewing there membership, what happens in the future if the NRL go down the route that they did in 1998-99 and start cutting the sydney club's and one of the requirement's is the club must have atleast 10,000 members? As people know we struggled to get what we're on at the moment. And given what's currently happening at the club how are they going to attract new member's

Codey, well done mate.
I would expect you will just be un-banned without a reply in the coming days.

part of the new rules

"Forum members are requested to contact media manager Peter Peters on 99703000 or [email protected] if they have a forum issue.

If you are suddenly locked out of the forum please don’t call reception and complain. Contact the media manager because he is the person who has banned you."

Cody has contacted him and if he doesn't reply it's sad reflection on the club. A good "media manager" should reply and explain his position on the matter.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183419.msg263991#msg263991 date=1275046441]
God help us if some of the posts above are any indication of the MWSE flotsam that is going to wash up on these shores.

[/quote]
Memory like a sieve these days is it Jatz? Don't you remember that you washed up here from mwse, because you suffer from paranoia? It's not your site. You don't pay to be here, so don't whine and pretend you are of greater intelligence then what you are.

Also now in mwse posting rules -
"The club has instigated a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. An infringement will result in permanent banning from the forum"
p-e-r-m-a-n-e-n-t
good luck Cody!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
\"The club has instigated a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. An infringement will result in permanent banning from the forum\"
p-e-r-m-a-n-e-n-t
good luck Cody!
Herein lies the problem. He didn't infringe. I have faith that sanity will eventually prevail.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183419.msg264078#msg264078 date=1275100565]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183419.msg263991#msg263991 date=1275046441]

[/quote]
Memory like a sieve these days is it Jatz? Don't you remember that you washed up here from mwse, because you suffer from paranoia? It's not your site. You don't pay to be here, so don't whine and pretend you are of greater intelligence then what you are.

[/quote]

:D can always rely on you WAMF for being the d!ckhead you are & typically wrong yet again. This is where ive always posted.

Whats particularly funny is that its you thats just washed up here in the last day or so. Shame really.

Its Dans site. Nobody pays to be here. Sounds like its you whining. Speaking of intelligence.............do you have a point or are you going to continue on with your rubbish posts here now that youve lost your place over there.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183419.msg264092#msg264092 date=1275105124]

\"The club has instigated a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. An infringement will result in permanent banning from the forum\"
p-e-r-m-a-n-e-n-t
good luck Cody!

Herein lies the problem. He didn't infringe. I have faith that sanity will eventually prevail.
[/quote]

Well it could be begged to differ as the club has the following blanket coverage Zero Tolerance Offence that covers anything else that is not listed:

• Any behaviour that is deemed not to be in the best interests of the club.

Actually dropkick, I have been a member here for a number of years.
You're wrong turkey.

WAMF link said:
You're wrong turkey.

I didnt mention membership here. But of course that must have been lost on you.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183419.msg264100#msg264100 date=1275108035]
You're wrong turkey.

[/quote]
Let's do the twist chubby. You know what the **** I mean. You are still a wrong, paranoid turkey. Gobble gobble.

Am looking forward to the game tonight so we can get some real bloody footy talk back into these forums

ladies, put the handbags down and step away

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183419.msg264102#msg264102
Let's do the twist chubby. You know what the F**k I mean. You are still a wrong, paranoid turkey. Gobble gobble.
[/quote]

Even you sound like you dont know what you mean. You might have been a member here for some time but so what, Im not wrong about you only posting here regularly since the official forums have become restricted.

Im enjoying the turkey insults. Great stuff.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Am looking forward to the game tonight so we can get some real bloody footy talk back into these forums

Don't say anything bad about the players or coaching staff or you might get banned  :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4