[Moved] MWSE forum stupidity (part 2)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
125 plus posts on this topic.

I wanted to share some of the responses from members on the MWSE site about the sudden changes.

Before these get deleted, here are a couple of beauties!

Thread title... Rules - looks like I'm gone.

Here we go.

(And the coaching staff who delivered a premiership to the club less than two years ago certainly don’t need to be told how to do their job!)

I reserve my right to tell the coaching staff how to do their jobs. On many occasions they have obviously read my posts & changed the team to please me.

(Most have a sound knowledge of the game and are willing to debate issues without denigrating people who regularly visit the site. A player out of form doesn’t need to be told he is pathetic or useless by someone who has never pulled on a football boot.)

Many have never donned a boot but all have bought tickets to games which pay these players wages. I reserve the right to bag someone when they deserve it. Whether it be on this site or on another when it needs to be said I will say it.

Nice knowing you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

in response - Hey , I suspect you will be here until tomorrow morning when they arise from their slumber and start burning books.

I was gunna do a suicide mission like you have, but couldnt do it.

Its funny last night Codeman was punted for nothing yet I was abused 3 times in one thread that still exists and the culprit did not get barred. So it seems to me you can swear and insult fellow forum lovers but dont dare say someone is playing bad.

The forum will be either dead or shutdown within a week I reckon.

2 questions before you go.

Will you renew your membership? I certainly wont be and wont be buying any merch from online store if barred, Rebel will suit me fine.

And will you go over to League Unlimited like some others have?

I suspect the travelling supporters will suffer once everyone is barred because, unless people go to a common site, people wont know who is going etc etc

See you on the other side.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in response - hope you're not gone or any other of the more outspoken posters
I posted a thread entitled Heavy Handed
and I stand by that
this new crackdown is not necessary and its disrespectful to paying supporters
who ever is behind this needs to be reprimanded by the Board
its all a joke
as I said: lighten up admin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry admin
I don't like the new rules and I don't agree with them
from what I can see, this forum is largely contributed to by a fairly hard core group of pretty passionate fans
far be it for me to speak for everyone but I suspect these fans demand and expect a high level of on field performance and hopefully many wins.
most of us hate it if we lose and if players are perceived as not performing or worse not having what it takes to compete in the NRL or at Manly's high performance levels. and thats when some posters can get charged up and unleash here. lighten up admin - its only a fans forum.
this additional censorship to me looks heavy handed and unnecessary. as I type this I wonder if it will get deleted? I hope not as I look forward to every home game as a gold member in the Jane Try Stand and I would expect more respect. this additional heavy handed censorship is disrespectful to us fans and to posters like myself who care very much about Manly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the creme de la creme......

Im here (just)

At least we only air our thoughts on this forum. Not throughout the media.

Absolute joke that it has come to this.

Excuse me Mr Lowe, is this your idea????

Re: MWSE forum stupidity (part 2)

Well I hope those posters choose to come here, League Unlimited isn't that far removed in their ways than MWSE is in my opinion

mate, you have nothing to lose. Pls go over to mwse and give the media mgr a piece of your mind like others have.
The worst he can do is ban you for 3 months. Considering you don't post there, you lose nothing.

I kinda like the fact I'm not banned while my former protagonists over there are.  I'm sick, I know!

From Cambo -"One thing i would say to anyone thinking about having a tainty and ripping their membership is, that money is a source of revenue for our club and despite what people think our club isn't flush with funds so think very wisely we lost our club once we dont want to lose it again."
-----------------------

BINGO! if this is the case, why is the club acting the way they are (all of a sudden) towards members with an opinion?
Because they are good for the money when the club needs it but they should stay silent and only praise, never question.

And FFS Cambo, yes, the forum IS indeed a major component of my membership benefit. Take that away and the 'enticement' (for me) drops substantially.

So you know, I only questioned the severity of the sudden changes . I don't care what you in particular say on this,  asking a q does not warrant a banning for close to HALF THE FRIGGING SEASON. Not just me but others have been banned for similar posts.

Now I wonder how this would function for an idea.

Me setting up a private forum on here, that you pay for, like the old MWSE one, and those funds are instead donated to the club from this site.

You get a similar benefit as you have your own private members forum, but you fly under our banner and our way of running things. No link to the club and no dramas

WAMF if you don't get satisfaction with the club why don;t you complain to the NRL?  By association this is their problem too.

Dan link said:
Now I wonder how this would function for an idea.

Me setting up a private forum on here, that you pay for, like the old MWSE one, and those funds are instead donated to the club from this site.

You get a similar benefit as you have your own private members forum, but you fly under our banner and our way of running things. No link to the club and no dramas
  Great idea Dan.  I'm sure something like exclusive like that would also allow some inside information to come out that isn't always able to make it into a public forum.  Why haven;t we thought of that before?  ;)

yeah I think its an option a paid members forum. I don't want to take posting from the normal forums however and that is a danger with the private forums

There'll be enough cheap skates around to keep the normal forums going. 

Dan link said:
yeah I think its an option a paid members forum. I don't want to take posting from the normal forums however and that is a danger with the private forums

Someone was testing a paid membership section here a week ago - not for long but I did see it!

Yeah i am testing all levels of security. I will be moving us to something different forum-wise in the near future and as such am doing a lot of testing with it.

You will see a few odd things every now and then over the next few weeks

I can smell the Dailytelegraph article on the horizon, wonder how the club would react to them with a headline of "Club gags supporters"

Let me tell you DON"T get on the wrong side of WAMF because when he's pissed off he's really pissed off!!.....LOL

Pity as he's actually a really really top bloke, and a more pasionate supporter in WA you will never find!!

lol Mark. I'm not that bad these days :)

Interested to hear from Codeman to see if he has received a response yet?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183419.msg263872#msg263872 date=1275011979]
a more pasionate supporter in WA you will never find!!
  Probably because he's the only one?
[/quote]

I see Manly jerseys around from time to time and personally know of at least 3 other Sea Eagles members here in Perth. I think Aaron said there was something like 15 members from WA? Obviously there are a stack more 'manly fans' then 'manly members.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183419.msg263887#msg263887 date=1275017498]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183419.msg263872#msg263872 date=1275011979]
a more pasionate supporter in WA you will never find!!
  Probably because he's the only one?
[/quote]

I see Manly jerseys around from time to time and personally know of at least 3 other Sea Eagles members here in Perth. I think Aaron said there was something like 15 members from WA? Obviously there are a stack more 'manly fans' then 'manly members.

[/quote]  I guess it beats backing the Force (kins).

I haven't allowed myself to be dragged to a farce game in 3 seasons :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2