[moved] Killer Instinct

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
We have 11 rounds remaining. 8 of those are with teams currently in the bottom 8.

We have 2 games in that 11 against the Dragons and 1 against the Roosters who posses the worst & second worse defensive record in the comp thus far.

Of the 11 rounds to go, 6 of these are with teams we have already played this year and beaten and when you add the 3 games above of teams coming last & second last we have a comprehensive 9 games that should be expected as winnable.

Those 6 wins above represent a good 50% of our current positive differential record.

Of the remaining 2 (Eels, Sharks) neither are currently top 4 and of those only the Sharks have a differential that could be construed as comparable.

Consider this: if by seasons end, we lose the 2 games not construed as expected wins, teams 3 & 4 would still have to win each & every single game from this weekend to round 25 inclusive to even MATCH out competition points, let alone, meeting or exceeding our differential to move ahead of us.

Without appearing to get ahead of ourselves, I say the Drizzle is the only team standing in our way of the minor premiership and the silverware. And its because of this that I say that Des has to start to progressively build the teams state of mind to go into games with not just a win on the agenda, but a killer instinct that will enable us to compete against Melbourne come Grand Final time.

We need to start with the Dogs next friday night. Over to you Des. 8)

There are no easy games and we have to turn up to play. I hesitate to mention 'mid-season slump.'

Good thing is that our attack is yet to really click!!

Good thing is that our attack is yet to really click!!

Well yes indeedy. And thats part of my point. I dont think any mid season slump will happen. No major drop off. No major losing streak. But I do think we have large improvement in us and we need to start building up our confidence & rhythm gradually towards peeking in Sept.

Without that sort of mindset we may well stumble & go backwards.

PS: thanks admin !

Well, Our halves and centre pairings have been chopped and changed all year so far... this is obviously where our attacking "flair" will come from... hopefully Matai gets over his virus or whatever it is and we get these players playing some game time in their own positions.. if they can play out the rest of the year in their positions I see no reason why we wouldn't be on fire come finals time.

Don't underestimate how valuable Steve Menzies is to us aswell.... Alot of attack and oppurtunities come from Menzies.. whether it be the lines he runs, the breaks he makes, the offloads he comes up with or the fact that he is ALWAYS around the ball when an oppurtunity arises.

I think with Ox and Lyon playing together for the next 11 games and Bell and Matai staying in the centres for the next 11 games, Beaver playing out the season and the forwards continuing to lay the platform they have done all year.. I can see us being right in the mix come September.

you're right on the money Nutz, I think just getting and setting some combinations leading into the finals will be the biggest key.

I wasn't missing Menzies when he was out for 12 weeks because the boys were doing the job, but I think friday night did confirm how damn valuable he is to Manly.

We play melbourne only once in regular season, so I guess it is possible we will finish on the same comp. points. If this happens are the minor premiers decided on points f/a or the match between the two sides?

The minor premiership is decided on F/A mate.

I wasn't aware that we only played Melbourne once.. I don't like that.. I actually think we would benefit from travelling down there to take them on again before the finals.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2