Moses Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Glad I'm not Barrett.

Suli is such a talent. However I feel when Taufua is fit, we might find Suli back in reserve grade. Let's just hope he knuckles down and continues to work on his fitness and doesn't spit the dummy.

Our original top 5 backline have runs on the board so Barrett will pick them. However everyone will be on notice if Suli continues to play well in reserve grade.

Why would he spit the dummy ?? He got punted from two clubs in quick succession and we took a chance on him. He owes us and I’m sure he’ll repay the faith. Let’s not forget we just upgraded him into nrl squad which required a renegotiated contract. I’d be very surprised if that negotiation didn’t include caveats on next season. i have confidence that he will be here next year and maybe beyond.

Because the kid hasn't had a good track record with his previous employers in recent times.

His work ethic in the past has been poor, whether he has really turned the corner and willing to continue to train hard and bide his time in ISP remains to be seen.

I love watching the Sea Eagles culture grip these young men,it can turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.
giphy.gif

I'd like to see Suli off the bench. Big enough to play as an impact forward and can cover the backline if needed. Only question is whether he has the work rate. He's not replacing Kelly, Uate or M Wright. As unspectacular as Wright has been, he has been on of our better backs in defence. Saved a few tries covering kicks out the back and has caught some of the more difficult bombs as well.

Suli, is a keeper in NRL, he will keep the pressure on the backs around him. which is always good.
i think he will be devastating as a winger.
I would like to see this line up.
1. Turbo
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Suli
6. DCE
7. Hodgko

we have power, speed, skill , goal kicking, and top kicking game with this line up.

As mentioned - good chance Taufua will be back.....Suli deserves to stay in top grade and as a confidence player who has already lost his way before coming to Manly, maybe a kick in the guts to drop him based on his effort and very solid performances...almost takes Uates spot or Kelly to wing, Suli stays at centre?.

It is my understanding that Suli has been thankful to be picked up by Manly when other clubs have justifiably rejected him. I bet playing 1st grade wasn't on his radar for 2018. In my opinion, he has gained a pass mark for his contribution to the Manly games he's played in. I just don't see it in Suli that he will go away all sooky if he's asked to go to reggies this week or #nextweek (I couldn't resist) for Jorge's return. Barrett would, I assume, say something along the lines "Suli, you've filled in with flying colours and held your own....well done. But I need Jorge in the team for now and your time will come soon. We're building something great here at Manly and your part of it".

I wonder how Moses is under the high ball? Against Melbourne you have to compete with two of the best leapers in the comp.
Mind you, Jorge and Uate are not all that reliable in diffusing bombs, are they?

Because the kid hasn't had a good track record with his previous employers in recent times.

His work ethic in the past has been poor, whether he has really turned the corner and willing to continue to train hard and bide his time in ISP remains to be seen.
He had a great track record prior to his injury. I think his injury knocked him back mentally and he didn't have the resilience to pull through. That's probably the toughest period for every player, sitting on the sidelines, then doing the rehab / getting back to shape. It can be a lonely path and I think that's where Suli got undone. I think the fact that he's got his good mates to support him was crucial to getting him back on track. He looks like the type of kid that will flourish under Barrett. He's definitely turned the corner imo.

I'd like to see Suli off the bench. Big enough to play as an impact forward and can cover the backline if needed. Only question is whether he has the work rate. He's not replacing Kelly, Uate or M Wright. As unspectacular as Wright has been, he has been on of our better backs in defence. Saved a few tries covering kicks out the back and has caught some of the more difficult bombs as well.
Respectfully disagree there. Matty Wright is wonderful depth and I hope we keep him - he's great .. But Moses is a first grader every day of the week .

Absolutely spot on. When Suli's fit and firing he's a permanent fixture in the team. The kid's good and a winger he isn't. Kelly played kids Origin at winger and I think he scored 4 meatys one game too. That's potentially an excellent long term backline. ;)
Kelly may have scored 4 tries in Kids origin as you say but the kids in the NRL are a lot bigger and faster .
All great wingers in the NRL are either fast finishing length of the field match winners or very powerful bulldozing their way out of their own try line or bulldozing over the oppositions try line . Great wingers in the NRL also are tall enough to compete for the high ball . Kelly does not have the attributes of a NRL great winger .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11