Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
so some on this site want to drop him for Walker..... so please explain?
Extremely dumb idea. Harper has done a fantastic job for us this season. He has been one of our most consistent and competitive players in both attack and defence but particularly in defence. His combination with Saab (mostly) has been a real highlight of the year. Walker is playing well off the bench. His defence at centre has been extremely suspect for years. There is no real upside to bringing in Walker for Harper, but there is significant downside. I think we need to stick solid with our wing/centre combinations, and use Walker's impact off the bench as our template for the rest of the season. I wouldn't use Walker at all in games against the Storm, and potentially the Panthers. Against those teams we should use this bench. (If all players available)
14. Lawton
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Keppie

I still don't understand Des's love affair with Walker. He mentions him in every post game interview. Even when he was a disaster at half. There are surely better options than him. But hey Des has his favourites. Guess he knows what he wants from him.

Extremely dumb idea. Harper has done a fantastic job for us this season. He has been one of our most consistent and competitive players in both attack and defence but particularly in defence. His combination with Saab (mostly) has been a real highlight of the year. Walker is playing well off the bench. His defence at centre has been extremely suspect for years. There is no real upside to bringing in Walker for Harper, but there is significant downside. I think we need to stick solid with our wing/centre combinations, and use Walker's impact off the bench as our template for the rest of the season. I wouldn't use Walker at all in games against the Storm, and potentially the Panthers. Against those teams we should use this bench. (If all players available)
14. Lawton
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Keppie
Couldn't agree more. I think putting Walker in any starting side is dangerous. Big fan of your bench!

Harper complements our team by being a competent centre
Harper is a good defensive and skillful centre with footwork and ability to get a pass away and set up his winger . He also posses a good burst of acceleration.

There is nothing more uderwhelming than seeing a back stride in slow motion

I remember when I was a kid and we would go the park and pick sides and play against each other

The side with the most skillful and fastest kids would always win

Some things never change :)

Kind of right Bozo ,as the fastest kids in U'7s through to U13s have the ability to "Run around" the entire team and score.
Unfortunately for these fast blokes, only the ones who learn to play direct and run "through" the line go on to better things....
Many of these fast kids I find drop out of the game, because they can't handle the physical side and have never been tackled, so find the goings too tough when they are unable to simply 'run around" players like they did as kids....but as you mentioned - add the class and ability and most importantly (determination and desire) and its a rare but great combination.

You ain’t seen nothin yet from Morgan

Attachments

• 141C5188-C79D-44AB-86DC-E1FD43759751.jpeg
    141C5188-C79D-44AB-86DC-E1FD43759751.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4CA335F2-AC1F-456D-81BE-FDAA3F9A68AF.jpeg
    4CA335F2-AC1F-456D-81BE-FDAA3F9A68AF.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4
Congrats to Morgan on his 3 try effort today. We'd seen some good attack from him in the past but not so much lately, but he showed he can still take those opportunities and be a threat in attack. Great to see.
What I like, is that in previous weeks he always rightly passed to his winger who was in a better position...today, he correctly ran himself... he obviously knows when to hold em & when to fold em

What I like, is that in previous weeks he always rightly passed to his winger who was in a better position...today, he correctly ran himself... he obviously knows when to hold em & when to fold em
Yes if the opposition know they also need to keep a very close eye on Harper then it can give Saab that extra metre which can make all the difference.

Spot on. The Tigers were all up over Saab, and wether it was good coaching, mixed with a smart players tactics, Lionel used Saab as the decoy while helping himself to a triple.

one of our most consistent players this year. A hattrick to show off what a fabulous season he is having. So happy for him and that was for all the people that were thinking he wasn't good enough in the centers and we needed Suli or Walker over him.

one of our most consistent players this year. A hattrick to show off what a fabulous season he is having. So happy for him and that was for all the people that were thinking he wasn't good enough in the centers and we needed Suli or Walker over him.
I think as his confidence continues to grow his combination with Saab will develop along side it. Learning when to pass and when to hold will see him progress into one of our best players.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4