Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hasn't impressed at all. Not sure why we are holding on to him.
Around 100k for a reasonably experienced middle. If an injury crisis hit our prop rotation, he could at least hold his own for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we won't need him and it's purely a security thing.

Around 100k for a reasonably experienced middle. If an injury crisis hit our prop rotation, he could at least hold his own for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we won't need him and it's purely a security thing.
Thought that the base salary was more like 150 - 60 K these days but again taking up a squad place so definitely need some better availability and consistent form from him . Also at this stage with this type of a re signing , , probably more of an indication that Jake may stay [ at least initially ] as the 13 which may be not that inspiring . Going to be a reasonably strong Black Town pack if forward or general injuries can be contained a bit better for next season . Still the name of the game is to get the best possible and strongest i st grade pack on the field , certainly need a few of the current prop grouping to step up a notch or two .

Thought that the base salary was more like 150 - 60 K these days but again taking up a squad place so definitely need some better availability and consistent form from him . Also at this stage with this type of a re signing , , probably more of an indication that Jake may stay [ at least initially ] as the 13 which may be not that inspiring . Going to be a reasonably strong Black Town pack if forward or general injuries can be contained a bit better for next season . Still the name of the game is to get the best possible and strongest i st grade pack on the field , certainly need a few of the current prop grouping to step up a notch or two .
Really hoping Tuitavake and Fifita have breakout years. They were beasts in the lower grades

You're right, Pete - for the money he'd be on he won't be a huge drain on our salary cap. But if we do have an injury crisis among our front rowers, you can bet your life Morgan Boyle will be part of that crisis. He's spent almost all of his time with us on the sidelines.

I actually rate him as a player. There have been glimpses of talent whenever he has managed to get on the field, and the fact he managed to turn out and wear the rainbow-stripes (his only appearance for us last year) shows a lot about his character and commitment to the team. I'd like him to do well.

But at the same time I can understand why people might not be that excited about his re-signing.

Last edited:
You're right, Pete - for the money he'd be on he won't be a huge drain on our salary cap. But if we do have an injury crisis among our front rowers, you can bet your life Morgan Boyle will be part of that crisis. He's spent almost all of his time with us on the sidelines.

I actually rate him as a player. There have been glimpses of talent whenever he has managed to get on the field, and the fact he managed to tun out and wear the rainbow-stripes (his only appearance for us last year) shows a lot about his character and commitment to the team. I'd like him to do well.

But at the same time I can understand why people might not be that excited about his re-signing.
Agree with everything you write, and believe me when I heard he was re-signed I just shook my head. Just trying to rationalise the decision and remembered how valuable he was against the Roosters when so many players were out.

Last season the min for a squad player was 130k, not sure if they'll increase it again for next season.

Harry Grant seems to think that $60K is the starting point these days - at least that was his message to the NRL. I'm open to being corrected, though.

PS - It's Blacktown, not Black Town. I know, I used to live there (not by choice, and 'live' is probably a misrepresentation, with all due respect to those that may still reside there). ;)

He’s only here because he’s cheap.

Probably won’t get used , but you have to have these players as that’s the system.

Last season was strange for morgan. Never sighted, never mentioned from seasons start. We have a major personal issue, he shows up for one week when we are busted and skint and is never sighted again

the coincidence has been too much for me and nagging in my melon.

did he play injured, was he sidelined for another reason, but he seemed unavailable for every minute but the pride round. just not buying it……i could, but still kicking tyres
Think his wife had a bub a few days after the Roosters game.

Then later on he was wearing a moon boot.

Not saying the two incidents are connected though.🙂

Milly's brother has re-signed ....

Morgan Boyle re-signs with Sea Eagles​

AuthorManly MediaTimestampMon 7 Nov 2022, 03:51 PM

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have added to their forward depth for the 2023 season with the re-signing of prop Morgan Boyle.

A hard running front-rower, Boyle has played 26 games for the club since joining Manly in 2019.
“Morgan has played 48 NRL games and his experience will be invaluable again next season,’’ said Manly CEO Tony Mestrov.

“We are hoping Morgan enjoys a better run of fortune next year as injuries have really hampered his progression in recent seasons.

“He is a quality player, so let’s hope we can see the best of him next year.”
Being your back Morgan, just invited your sister to an event I'm doing in Newcastle. Give her a call and tell her to turn up. Really, I'm trying to get her to come to Manly next year as Capt of our team in NRLW

I was going to offer a replay of @BOZO's posts from this year about memberships

Thanks for the membership reminder opportunity feathered friend

We are born to make an Impact

We are born to become Sea eagle supporters

A great way to make an Impact to our Legendary club is to make a pact and become passionate club members

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4