Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Morgan Boyle has averaged 8 games /year over 6 seasons with the Titans and Manly yet we are determined to re sign him while letting go of players like Taupau ,Davey and Foran. The mind boggles at the decision makers in this club
Mick Mick Mick

You’ve forgotten, he’s cheap , and he’s only taking half the base salary because he only plays 3 games a year ,

It’s ALL about the $$$$

Mick Mick Mick

You’ve forgotten, he’s cheap , and he’s only taking half the base salary because he only plays 3 games a year ,

It’s ALL about the $$$$
And that's why we will continue to serve up mediocrity whilst paying the goose twice what he's worth and the porcelain man to sit on the sidelines.

Morgan Boyle has averaged 8 games /year over 6 seasons with the Titans and Manly yet we are determined to re sign him while letting go of players like Taupau ,Davey and Foran. The mind boggles at the decision makers in this club

This a million times. But add Tuilagi and Condon, and we are building a race track for snails.

H
In truth, I believe the issue with Penn is that (he believes) the football dept is way too big, and costing far too much.

Curbing the mad one's spending caused the first divorce ... and I would bet @Eagle of London 's left nut ... that it is also the reason for this dust up ..

Baz told Penn to stick it because he couldn't get any support staff ... look at the empire Dessie has built ... football dept has squillions of people including head space nutters, sprint coaches and cooking classes ..
How about you bet your own nuts? I was under the impression that a man's bollocks get looser and longer as they age so surely you must be able to almost sling yours over your shoulder for easy access?

Morgan Boyle re-signs with Sea Eagles​

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have added to their forward depth for the 2023 season with the re-signing of prop Morgan Boyle.

A hard running front-rower, Boyle has played 26 games for the club since joining Manly in 2019.
“Morgan has played 48 NRL games and his experience will be invaluable again next season,’’ said Manly CEO Tony Mestrov.

“We are hoping Morgan enjoys a better run of fortune next year as injuries have really hampered his progression in recent seasons.

“He is a quality player, so let’s hope we can see the best of him next year.”

Interesting that a couple of players Des was criticised for continually being picked by a few on ST,have recently been re-signed by a Des-less club

Smart signing. He's potentially a beast, hopefully he can still run. (Not sure what parts of his body get hurt as he's so low-profile they usually don't even bother to identify his injuries these days.)
If he gets a few goes in NRL I've no doubt he'll be out to make them count.

Plus side - he is only 26.

I dunno how much he's being paid but I really want to see a few games of uninjured play from him.

I kinda remember he was not too bad. I mean we all saw enough of a fit nate myles to see he was phoning it in, but maybe I'm an optimist but I think a fit Boyle will be ok.

did I mention only 26?

I wait to see this thread turn into the why did we not sign Klemmer / any rep forward thread

How the hell does this guy get another gig? fmd we give some trash a go. He has been with us for 4 seasons and we are still hoping he will become a first grader. How many years do we need as a club to determine you are not up to it? He has played 26 fg games for us and every one of those he has screamed park footballer yet we give him another deal.

Other clubs are hunting for a quality signing or two we love cheap depth. Seibold,Dymock and Flanno have a task with players like this getting new deals.

I'm assuming this means we've got no big signings coming our way. I thought he was pretty good against the Roosters during "that game" at Brookie. But then as everyone has noted, he disappeared again with injury and we never heard anymore about him. Understatement from Mestrov about luck with injury. I wouldn't want to have money on him making it through pre season training tho.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6